Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Golden
Bolton's Bastard

Rep Power: 5 Golden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond reputeGolden has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 178,977,852,511.75
Total Points: 178,977,864,232.55
so thats how this works - Golden 

Played both, love both.

Rugby players have better conditioning but the larger NFL players have more explosion and raw power. I'd get more roughed up playing rugby though, but had more fun playing football and I needed to up my stregnth to play defensive end that at the time was fine for rugby as a second row or loose forward. My Dad is a Kiwi so you know this is a balanced take on things.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:59 PM
The Tase
NSB War Veteran

Rep Power: 31 The Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,765,180,284,580.84
Total Points: 1,765,181,323,256.38
i remember this mofo "rif raf" from this old show called from G's to gents :lol1: he's afocking waste of space...thanks for the green! - jose830 A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 on me - sugarsmosley I hear you lad - Rocky... wears his heart on his sleeve - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fenomeno View Post
Why would I reply to the full post? It's a list of irrelevancies. It's a debate about which sport is tougher/more physically demanding to play, not which sport has the bigger/stronger/faster athletes.

The only reason I quoted that particular sentence is because of how laughable it is that somehow you think a player being asked some pre-draft questions is somehow relevant to an argument about how physically demanding a sport is.

Besides, I've already addressed some of your points in an earlier post which you didn't even respond to.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMB View Post
and those were already addressed but you still felt the need to post it anyway. dwayne johnnson never made it in the nfl and couldnt cut it in canadian football league. i think he has some bitterness towards the sport.

and your other question was also addressed but you still felt the need to stupidly ask it again despite the answer being in your face. the greater show of athleticism is short distance speed than long enduring marathons.

that's why they get paid more, that's why they are bigger stars and is the signature event in the olympics.

and size being an american thing?

yea you are stupid. size is a universal thing in sports.
and having football equipment and helmets actually make the nfl tougher than rugby.

the nfl helmet has been weaponized because of this and players lead in and attack with their helmet. the fact that rugby players dont have equipment sort of acts as some kind of physical speed bump.

they cant go all out and just destroy their opponent because they would thoroughly destroy themselves. in american football, they think having football pads and helmet make them invincible and they literally try to kill each other using their helmets.

athletes get paralyzed playing american football on a regular basis in all levels. they suffer gruesome injuries on a regular basis like this:

you dont know wtf you are talking about.

Last edited by The Tase; 11-27-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
El Fenomeno
Agueroooooooo!!!!

Rep Power: 22 El Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,486,825,024.35
Got no g to give u. Heres the beer! - led One more - led treasure 4 ya - cannonball_X Merry Christmas - Flab merry christmas cunt:] - dj emzz 
thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
and those were already addressed but you still felt the need to post it anyway. dwayne johnnson never made it in the nfl and couldnt cut it in canadian football league. i think he has some bitterness towards the sport.

and your other question was also addressed but you still felt the need to stupidly ask it again despite the answer being in your face. the greater show of athleticism is short distance speed than long enduring marathons.

that's why they get paid more, that's why they are bigger stars and is the signature event in the olympics.

and size being an american thing?

yea you are stupid. size is a universal thing in sports
He never made it to the top level of Rugby either. The point you are trying to make is a straw-clutchingly null one.

'They get paid more, they are bigger stars, that makes them more athletic. I suppose Tiger Woods is some genetic superhuman when you look at his earnings.

It is the signature Olympic event because it takes 10 seconds to watch, it is the most appealing event to the casual viewer.

Size is an American thing.

The greatest player in the biggest sport on earth is 5ft 7.

You answered none of the points raised.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM
El Fenomeno
Agueroooooooo!!!!

Rep Power: 22 El Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,486,825,024.35
Got no g to give u. Heres the beer! - led One more - led treasure 4 ya - cannonball_X Merry Christmas - Flab merry christmas cunt:] - dj emzz 
thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
and having football equipment and helmets actually make the nfl tougher than rugby.
Not according to the people who have actually played both sports, like the people in this thread.... and the Rock.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,744,836.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

The Rock just gave the nfl the people's elbow
Old 11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
TensionKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 TensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 895,564,145,877.99
Total Points: 895,564,205,707.88

The Rock wrestled, that sport is tough as **** too. Broken bones are a regular...

At the end of the day, if those big mofo NFL players try to run 4.25 miles, they would be on the floor gasping for air. They are big and strong, but not designed for Rugby at all. Without the unity holding a line together, then there's a weak spot. You can not have one man get tired or the whole team is exposed.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,228,558,598,816.77
Total Points: 12,513,373,935,494.52
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

I've come to realize Hickey loves trolling with these UK vs. USA debates. He has gotten me on them a bunch of times.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:35 PM
TensionKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 TensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond reputeTensionKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 895,564,145,877.99
Total Points: 895,564,205,707.88

Game play of NFL is on average only 12 mins...

Correct me if I am wrong, but 16 games a season? Rugby players have to play a hell of a lot more with international duty etc...

They do get serious injuries BTW. Many retire and a lot of normal guys I speak to, use to play until knee injuries etc...
Old 11-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Fury
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond reputeFury has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 29,530,962,925.75
Total Points: 29,530,993,916.22
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
Great troll thread. What's next? Let's talk about how Cricket is tougher than Baseball or how Croquet is tougher than Golf.
I played both cricket and baseball in school and cricket is far more tougher. Tennis is tougher than baseball as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,744,836.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Gunz View Post
I've come to realize Hickey loves trolling with these UK vs. USA debates. He has gotten me on them a bunch of times.
It's good because my yank brothers give it back, a lot of other nationalities take it too seriously and get upset