Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Beater_of_ass
male ass that is

Rep Power: 12 Beater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,000,095,277.39
great poster - jas atg poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
I agree with the CW are bull****, but the fact remains Cotto lost almost every round and got the **** beat out of him. He was lucky to get decisions against Mosley and Clottey, got the crap beat out of him by Margarito and it looked like it was going to happen again in the 2nd fight before the doctor stopped it. Cotto is a good fighter but is overrated by many, he has fought tough opposition and he deserves credit for that but he's not anywhere close to being an ATG.
You an idiot, plain and simple. He lost almost every round... yes, but he won nearly every minute of 1, 3 and 4 until the knockdowns after the second he was done. And as I said, it's obvious you've never even set foot in a ring your entire life because not having a trainer and the biggest factor in that fight was Cotto's mental state. If you lace up gloves you would know that but obviously you don't. As for getting "lucky" I hate when people like you say he was lucky, no he got the nod in two very close fights, the Clottey one being closer. Floyd lost to Oscar then using your logic and Castillo, but both of those are false because neither decisions were robberies like Williams/Lara.

Dumbasses like you need to realize that when you STEP UP your competition your fights get more competitive it's just common f*cking knowledge man. Patriots vs Jets was a slaughter, put those same Pats in there with the 49'rs and/or Ravens and you have a different story. And the Clottey fight, just STFU already Cotto had one eye... how would you fare against a cut requiring 20 stitches and blood dripping in your eye. It's obvious you've never been in the ring, and while it doesn't mean you are ignorant to boxing, it certainly means there are things you just don't understand. These thing all take affect into what happens in the ring against any given opponent.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-25-2012, 12:33 PM
savorduhflavor
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 savorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond reputesavorduhflavor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,234,278,397,381.65
Total Points: 1,334,299,680,144.01
Good post in my thread man.  Have a gift. - ABOSWORTH :fing02:  i couldnt remember how it happened but i remember him bleeding from the ear! thanks - mellow_mood I wish more Cotto fans were like you. - street bully Good poster - Old Coward great poster - Dick Buffman 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - VictoriaBeckham 

This thread is ridiculous.

1st of all, if you think Mosley beat Cotto you don't know how to score a fight. That was not a fight that could have gone either way, it was a clear Cotto win. And Mosley was not shot at that point...past his prime, certainly. Still a very solid win.

The vacant belt argument is an absolute joke. This mythical "take the title from the champ" is meaningless. It's who you beat for the title. Quintana was a better opponent to beat for a title than half of the existing title holders but people have a hard on for that retarded mentality, it's sad. Not to mention, the Clottey fight was gonna be a unification till the IBF stripped him.

Cotto was an elite fighter but it was just for a short amount of time unfortunately. Margarito beat the elite out of him and most of all took all of his confidence.

He's already bounced back better than I thought he could but his time as a true elite was a short one...still a HOF.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,240,619,225,430,435.00
Total Points: 8,240,619,225,454,925.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
He fought to survive for the second half of the fight but breaking a guys ear while surviving is no joke. I think in a rematch he would adjust and give a better fight, even if he ends up losing anyway.
Making Floyd's nose bloody and busting Manny's ear doesn't impress me, to be honest. I don't pay all that much mind to injuries inflicted while fighting. It's a fight, after all. One good shot can draw blood, or even break something. Now, it's different when one guy lays such a beating on the other, through repeated blows, that he causes injury. That's what Pacquiao did to Miguel.

Again, Mayweather-Cotto: competitive; Pacquiao-Cotto...not so much.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
studentofthegam
Banned

Rep Power: 0 studentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond reputestudentofthegam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.59
Total Points: 322,485.26
Thanks - Toney616 

I think I am from another planet. I cant be from a place that bum and Cotto share a sentence.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM
KnockUTheFukOut
biased dickrider

Rep Power: 15 KnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond reputeKnockUTheFukOut has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,169,691.66
To a good poster - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - RossCA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Why is this even a Debate? Cotto is beyond trying to prove himself as a fighter...now is basically the downside of his career, his PRIME has come and gone

If Cotto haven't convinced you yet then he will never convince you!

I do think next week we could see him talk about Retiring if he loses to Trout which I think is a STRONG POSSIBILITY even though I will be rooting for Cotto all the way...I would not be shocked if Trout makes Cotto look washed up, I think Trout is catching him at the RIGHT TIME, coming off of a tough fight with Mayweather and usually fighters for what ever reason after they lose to Mayweather it seems to go down hill after that for some strange reason

Win, Lose or Draw next week, Cotto has proven himself YEARS AGO as a fighter!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:44 PM
$coinblatt$
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 $coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,006,750,871,841.70
Thanks for exposing Storm. - GeorgiaRED 

-Vacant belt king
-Only non vacant belt win was against Yuri "the gimp" Foreman
-Best win is a past prime Mosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
Whoever calls him that is an idiot. Cotto is one of the few greats and is only a notch below Pacquiao and Mayweather. His record in Championship fights is amazing and so is resume where he's facen close to 20 world champions or former world champions.
Cotto is NOT a "great" theres a difference between great and good. He was a good fighter, nothing more nothing less.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:53 PM
$coinblatt$
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 $coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute$coinblatt$ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,006,750,871,841.70
Thanks for exposing Storm. - GeorgiaRED 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
Who cares? The Austin Trout will be his second fight for a non vacant title, but look at his record and the opponents he has faced throughout his career.

Maussa
Ndou
Bailey
Torres
Malignaggi
Quintana
Judah
Mosley

All of them became champs after facing Cotto. Then you add other titlists

Bazan
Corley
Clottey
Foreman
Margarito
Mayorga
@ the bolded parts, your reaching with those wins. Judah is a fucking bum who hadn't won a fight in 2 years when he faced Cotto. Mayorga? are you seriously putting that win in there?. Malifaggi won a title, who cares? he beat a Euro goat farmer and Bailey landed one lucky shot, both of those guys suck.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Lords
UnfaithfullyYours

Rep Power: 8 Lords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,530,342,226.30
Total Points: 21,753,849,050.02
No Message - thoughtsss have some popcorn m8 - sugarsmosley No Message - Lords 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIAC310 View Post
Losses: Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley, Clottey, Mayweather
Wins: Jennings, Mayorga, Foreman

not bad, I've seen worse on FNF. He's a C+/Gate keeper level fighter.
Definitely not a bum.
If you think he lost against Shane, you got issues. Shane got out worked in that fight. Im curious to know what rounds you gave to Shane.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,310,602.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Even a washed up Cotto is not a bum. I just totally disagree with the fanatics that put him in a pedestal.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Lords
UnfaithfullyYours

Rep Power: 8 Lords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,530,342,226.30
Total Points: 21,753,849,050.02
No Message - thoughtsss have some popcorn m8 - sugarsmosley No Message - Lords 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
-Vacant belt king
-Only non vacant belt win was against Yuri "the gimp" Foreman
-Best win is a past prime Mosley

Cotto is NOT a "great" theres a difference between great and good. He was a good fighter, nothing more nothing less.
Who are Great fighters right now if Cotto isn't one? Only guy Worthy of that title IMO is Mayweather. And no, Manny isn't a great fighter IMO.