Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-23-2012, 03:08 AM
LarryXXX
EACH ONE TEACH ONE

Rep Power: 206 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 324,799,801,716,345,798,656.00
Total Points: 324,799,813,716,346,011,648.00
thanx for the donation - E.P.T. you something else man. You generous as hell - MAKING_MONEY positive unbiased posts - thuggery Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios for that kunt between ur legs - Warrios 
take it like it's floyd - Warrios celebrate ur inner fruit - Warrios No Message - WESS A hero of Boxingscene - valero Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 
TMT - JonoYoungP4P No Message - Scott.Weiland. im dropping benjamins like AB - sugarsmosley u stay up breh - BTL WAR Mayweather! - LoadedWraps 
To the Mayweather Mafia Don! - LoadedWraps Have one on me Lad - Rocky... Cheers - Croyd for knowing his sh1t when it comes to boxing - jas Wont let me green you - deanrw 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickslysmooth View Post
I try hard man, but my friends hold UFC PPVs at my friends house with like 15 of us watching. I got to admit Anderson Silva is probably the only fighter I've seen bob and weave(Him vs Bonnar) so effectively and smooth just like Ali or Toney. Other than him I don't have much interest besides the reckless fighting I see it as. Kids just can't sit through 12 rounds of a magnificent chess game.
Anderson Silva is the truth,he was once a pro boxer in his younger days but that man can just straight up fight,there is no style he is uncomfortable with
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-23-2012, 03:10 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,236,359.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
I said it was "anecdotal evidence," not proof. I also said that "the numbers seem to support that it's not all propaganda." Are you going to argue with the statistics?
Fine. I'm seventeen so there's your anecdotal evidence. I can be whatever I want on the internet.

I posted the statistics in this thread. They don't show too much of a significant difference. UFC is slightly ahead with the youth but it's not a great difference. Boxing is literally twice the size of the UFC in the US.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:13 AM
SlySlickSmooth
its all good

Rep Power: 14 SlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,733,624,419,681.02
Total Points: 35,743,624,494,957.49
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden No Message - UTEP Have a beer - led 80's Hip-Hop thread - -jose- a gift for u m8, just like danny ;) - sugarsmosley 
a truly great poster in the RBR threads - jas My treat - led a true boxing fan - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
We need more boxing fans to take interest in the younger generation and open gyms or go to youth centers and pass along the knowledge of the sweet science.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
Anderson Silva is the truth,he was once a pro boxer in his younger days but that man can just straight up fight,there is no style he is uncomfortable with
Respect for the Pancho Villa, I'm Filipino. Lol.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:15 AM
HUGEBOXINGFAN
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 HUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 247,521.90
For Keepin It Real - SERVILEV 

i knew this thread would come to an mma vs boxing argument but all i have to say is if you look at the recent ratings and ppv buys for boxing they have for sure been on the upswing and for mma it is quite the opposite since they signed the fox deal and im not saying this but i know ppl who follow mma and say that it has been on the slide since 2009 and if u want to talk about which sport is bigger globally it is Boxing by a country mile at the present bc it has been around so much longer but im not saying it will always be that way but i personally think it will imo. either way follow whatever u like i do not understand the comparisons but people are set on comparing them.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:19 AM
HUGEBOXINGFAN
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 HUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond reputeHUGEBOXINGFAN has a reputation beyond repute

my younger brother is 19 and him and 2 of his friends are big boxing fans that is a real life circumstance but dont know how that applies
Old 11-23-2012, 03:25 AM
LasVegas Boxing
Contender

Rep Power: 3 LasVegas Boxing has a spectacular aura aboutLasVegas Boxing has a spectacular aura aboutLasVegas Boxing has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 55,754.40

boxing is not that big with my friends although 3 of my friends follow it a bit more than casually but all i think is it is a good time to be a boxing fan with all the young fighters coming up saul alvarez, andre ward, nonito donaire, adrien broner, leo santa cruz, brandon rios, jose benavidez, deontay wilder and many more fighters i am excited about
Old 11-23-2012, 03:26 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 31 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,600,375,569,385,457.50
Total Points: 3,600,375,569,403,736.50
Good posting - Cuauhtémoc1502 respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 
good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice 
We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov 
Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva 

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
Fine. I'm seventeen so there's your anecdotal evidence. I can be whatever I want on the internet.

I posted the statistics in this thread. They don't show too much of a significant difference. UFC is slightly ahead with the youth but it's not a great difference. Boxing is literally twice the size of the UFC in the US.
I understand you're going off memory, but if your stats are reasonably accurate, boxing is more than twice as popular in the United States as UFC. However, based on the numbers, I disagree that the youth disparity isn't that great. For one, a 4.5 million person difference is significant when you're talking about relatively small numbers to begin with (12.5 million and 17 million). For another, 80% of a fanbase versus 25% is immense. Those numbers suggest that UFC is indeed a young person's sport.

Younger people, by and large, want to listen to the same music, wear the same clothes and watch the same sports as other young people. They influence each other far more than older people influence them. It's reasonable to infer that UFC will only continue to attract more young people than boxing.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:26 AM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 97 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,749,527,594,567.48
Total Points: 11,759,589,293,653.52
thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed 
Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat 
WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega 
Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules 

football and basketball.... that's all it is
Old 11-23-2012, 03:31 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 31 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,600,375,569,385,457.50
Total Points: 3,600,375,569,403,736.50
Good posting - Cuauhtémoc1502 respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 
good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice 
We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov 
Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
i knew this thread would come to an mma vs boxing argument but all i have to say is if you look at the recent ratings and ppv buys for boxing they have for sure been on the upswing and for mma it is quite the opposite since they signed the fox deal and im not saying this but i know ppl who follow mma and say that it has been on the slide since 2009 and if u want to talk about which sport is bigger globally it is Boxing by a country mile at the present bc it has been around so much longer but im not saying it will always be that way but i personally think it will imo. either way follow whatever u like i do not understand the comparisons but people are set on comparing them.
It's a topic, that's all...no more or no less interesting than most of the other things discussed on this forum. Why do we compare fighters? lol
Old 11-23-2012, 03:31 AM
HUGEBOXINGFAN
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
I understand you're going off memory, but if your stats are reasonably accurate, boxing is more than twice as popular in the United States as UFC. However, based on the numbers, I disagree that the youth disparity isn't that great. For one, a 4.5 million person difference is significant when you're talking about relatively small numbers to begin with (12.5 million and 17 million). For another, 80% of a fanbase versus 25% is immense. Those numbers suggest that UFC is indeed a young person's sport.

Younger people, by and large, want to listen to the same music, wear the same clothes and watch the same sports as other young people. They influence each other far more than older people influence them. It's reasonable to infer that UFC will only continue to attract more young people than boxing.
im not disagreeing with what you are saying but a big thing both of u are missing is different demographics and ethnicities in the young demographic i remember reading an article where it was about corona/tecate talking about how boxing was their number one platform for reaching hispanics from 18-34 and why they do so much promotion in the sport is bc so many of their customers are fans of it