Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Red Power
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Red Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these partsRed Power is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,189.93

The UFC is practically dead.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-23-2012, 02:58 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Total Points: 10,000,225,977.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Power View Post
The UFC is practically dead.
It's business dropped by 25% in 2011 and they're 500 million in debt right now.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 AM
SlySlickSmooth
B4.Da.$$

Rep Power: 10 SlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,343,735,742,097.38
Total Points: 4,490,044,924,655.00
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden No Message - UTEP Have a beer - led 

I believe in media exposure, Boxing still lacks compared to MMA. I mean how many people do you see, at least for me, wear Everlast, Cleto Reyes, etc. merchandise. On the other hand I always see Tap Out gear..
Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 29 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,963,836,442,289.06
Total Points: 59,963,836,447,518.70
Good posting - Cuauhtémoc1502 respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 
good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice 
We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov 
Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
Boxing's fan base in the US is around 50 million
UFC's fan base as of 2012 is around 22 million

25% of boxing fans are considered young - 12.5 million
80% of UFC fans are considered young - 17 million

In terms of youth culture the UFC seems to be ahead but not really by a whole lot. Like many things those rumours are over blown. It's been part of the UFC's marketing strategy to attract the youth and denounce boxing as your father's sport. It's nothing but propaganda really and isn't supported by ANY factual evidence whatsoever.

The UFC has an unusually high percentage of young fans that I don't think is matched by any other sport. However that's only a percentage of relatively small fan base. They have a large slice of a small cake so to speak.
Well, you have a young man here who's providing us with real-world anecdotal evidence. Even the numbers seem to support that it's not all propaganda.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 AM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,501,347,039.73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
They should have a boxing team in schools just like they have football and basketball teams
at my HS they had old trophies/medals of the boxing team from like the 50s in the trophy case, but they said it was phased out as too dangerous or some bs.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Total Points: 10,000,225,977.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Well, you have a young man here who's providing us with real-world anecdotal evidence. Even the numbers seem to support that it's not all propaganda.
I'm seventeen and I say loads of people follow boxing. By your logic this is proof?

Once people get an idea into their heads they start to repeat it. Dana White repeats the boxing is for old men stuff so much he even has boxing fans saying it. UFC fans and boxing fans are very fickle. The moment I saw this thread title I knew it would contain two things 1. the TS would have very few posts. 2. He would immediately mention the UFC.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:03 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 29 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Good posting - Cuauhtémoc1502 respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Cheers! - jsfd26 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 
good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice 
We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov 
Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickslysmooth View Post
I believe in media exposure, Boxing still lacks compared to MMA. I mean how many people do you see, at least for me, wear Everlast, Cleto Reyes, etc. merchandise. On the other hand I always see Tap Out gear..
Good point. Also, unless it's Pacquiao or Mayweather, I never see boxing advertised at the sports bars in my area. They always seem to be charging admission for a UFC PPV.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:05 AM
SlySlickSmooth
B4.Da.$$

Rep Power: 10 SlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,343,735,742,097.38
Total Points: 4,490,044,924,655.00
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden No Message - UTEP Have a beer - led 

I think people lack appreciaton. I mean Boxing has some great stories, we may not have as many now at least for American fighters, but man this is a heartbreaking sport. It's not a team sport, it's a sole individual that's why I can't believe more people aren't tuning in. I mean Broner, regardless of how good he is, has 5 kids he has to support.. and he chose to do so by Boxing, look at him now.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:06 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
I'm seventeen and I say loads of people follow boxing. By your logic this is proof?

Once people get an idea into their heads they start to repeat it. Dana White repeats the boxing is for old men stuff so much he even has boxing fans saying it. UFC fans and boxing fans are very fickle.
I said it was "anecdotal evidence," not proof. I also said that "the numbers seem to support that it's not all propaganda." Are you going to argue with the statistics?
Old 11-23-2012, 03:07 AM
dibzvincent143
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 dibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 104,094,220.15

when I was 17, i was already very big in Boxing. I sometimes annoy my friends when I talked about it a lot and counter their karate or UFC stories. LOL. I also start self-training myself when I was 12. My girls hates it a lot when I bring them to the theaters to watch boxing. I also got whooped using the floyd mayweather/ broner stance one time.