Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who was the most shot
Oscar against Manny 14 25.00%
Roy Jones against Calzaghe 26 46.43%
Tyson against Lewis 16 28.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 AM
MRBOOMER
My skin I get it

Rep Power: 9 MRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,117,513,879,449.94
Total Points: 109,117,513,900,239.88
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil "Best I've ever faced" thread, awesome read! - jose830 Good thread. - FeFist "The best I've ever faced" = great thread - mathed all around good poster. - I'm so sorry 
Thanks bro - komodo No Message - MRBOOMER 
Head and Neck Cancer - I'm so sorry Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MRBOOMER Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MRBOOMER Hepatitis C - MRBOOMER 

Roy Tyson Oscar. I don't think Oscar was completely shot to **** I mean he was shot but the weight really did him in
If he had anything left nanny took it.

Roy well you know.

And Tyson well actually he could be last although he took a lot of punishment he still had monster power and if he actually trained and gave a **** he could still knock out some solid b list opponets but he just didn't care at that point.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Joeyzagz
Soir

Rep Power: 22 Joeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,591,834,247.86
Total Points: 28,748,946,734.81
Have an e-beer on me - F•R•K•O what a dummy you are - Freedom. still in the red after years of posting here - Freedom. troll - Simurgh 

None of them were shot.

-Oscar was drained

-Roy was was 5-1 from 2006-2009 still pretty good.

-Tyson was never beating a focused Lewis.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:05 AM
WolfGirl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 WolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 60,408.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyzagz View Post
None of them were shot.

-Oscar was drained

Joe Calzaghe is one of the most underrated and under appreciated fighters of this era. He is the 2nd best British fighter of the modern era (imo, behind Lewis) and would have brutally dominated any version of Carl Froch. Probably 12-0.

But Roy was shot .

The B-Hop win was great though..That was probably a bigger win than anything Ward has done up to this point.

The issue with it is Bernard (and Joe) made that fight look so ugly, nobody want to give credit. It was a disgustingly vile filthy fight and it made a lot of people vomit.

Joe looked like he had some fun though when he dry humped.

Last edited by WolfGirl; 11-22-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Miburo
Double X

Rep Power: 291 Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 202,658,369,854,969.97
Total Points: 203,189,852,525,379.72
Here's a superman gift, for being brave enough to fukk squids - Erik13 I shall try my best to improve my reputation. - Robin Hood Here's for the 7k post! - led Happy 7k! :) - *Boss Lady* xmas gift, even though i'm almost 1000% sure you don't celebrate it.. - Ether 
Thank you ! - BulgariasFinest Happy 8k! :) - Bossy Here's one for the 8k party - led I found a way to fix &quot;it&quot;....pm me, ill be more than happy to help you - Mike Tyson77 I'm new here but congratulations on your 9000 post...cheers! - jose830 
For going 10,000 strong! - codey for your service. - codey 10000 - TBear Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy new year, Teng. - Terrel 
the first bottle is on me homie! - jose830 Happy 10.5k tard! - led* 
Autism - Pension-Killer Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - project xxx1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Point Giver Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

I'm of the belief Oscar wasn't shot, just horrendously weight drained, a theory which is born out pretty well if you note his day-of weigh-in.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:55 AM
House of Stone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,348,152,583.53
Total Points: 236,398,242,481.70
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner Pretend Its Klitsckos and sit on it... LOL - afiln Kick this keyboard warrior. - Weltschmerz One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyzagz View Post
None of them were shot.

-Oscar was drained

to quote the great man 'you don't know shyt about boxing' ... well either that or you have an agenda. Roy was completely shot - a shadow of his former self. Tyson was well shot but if he had trained a bit harder he may have gone a few more rounds. Oscar ... well its an interesting one. I think the weight had more to do with it than anything. I don't think he was shot so much as weight drained.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:59 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,745,731.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Oscar, not only was he shot he was also weight drained
Old 11-22-2012, 04:05 AM
YDKSAB
Banned

Rep Power: 0 YDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,811.80

Oscar was not shot, he was just out of his prime and weight drained upon his own stupidity.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:25 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,737,701.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGirl View Post
I watched all 3 fights this week and the fights LEADING up to them.

Lewis-Tyson.
This was a past prime ATG against a semi Shot ATG. I actually say 'semi shot' because Mike still had that 1-3 round burst in him and was still a extremely hard puncher. In fact he was pretty dangerous towards the end of his career with a single punch knock out as oppose to his combination punching abilities during his prime.

I honestly feel that if it wasn't Lennox in there but say a Povetkin or even a David Haye, that 2002 version of Tyson might have still caught them.

Shot Level: Semi Shot

Joe Calzaghe-Roy Jones Jr
Roy was shot to **** in this fight. It's ****ing funny how some people point out that he did 'well' against a shot to shyt Trinidad and made it seem as if Roy was back. Roy was never back, his reflexes were totally gone as was his speed/power/and just overall work rate.

Shot Level: Shot to shyt.

Manny Pacquaio vs Oscar De La Hoya.
Ya. This one was pretty embarrassing. Oscar was zombie boy in there.
The Oscar of this fight is probably comparable to the Tyson of the Kevin McBride fight.. (If that)
That being said Manny was the much smaller man and was a big under dog heading into the fight. It's still a good win, simply because of the underdog status, but that was not the real Oscar or even a 'past prime' Oscar.

Shot Level: Beyond shot to shyt
Thysonwas badly hot against Lewis. Lewis knew this and went to court to make Tyson keep his agreement to fight when Tyson was trying every way to get out of it. H was really retired by then and broken down, but needing money like a thirsy desert wanderer needs water.. The couple of fight after that over quite a time and just purely selling his name.

Jones wa nxt badly shot, and Oscar cme off the best. Not saying tht for any of them.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:31 AM
TheHolyCross
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 36 TheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond reputeTheHolyCross has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,048,831,900.38
Total Points: 107,280,019,752.22
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier For solid posting - The Surgeon 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - McGoorty 

oscar was more weight drained than anything else
Old 11-22-2012, 05:12 AM
Rapid Counter
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Rapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond reputeRapid Counter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 166,525,938,822,284.47
Total Points: 166,525,938,832,979.44
Cool poster (GL on our bet) - eddie_monster Happy Easter babe :) :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for the help bro! - Camp Beast 1k - rorymac you made my day with that sig....lmao - Alx. 
you made my day with that sig....lmao - Alx. your sig...Lmao!...beer on me... - jose830 Thanks! - FeFist nice albums! i will be paying random visits :D - jose830 LOL @ your sig, heres a cookie from someones picnic basket i looted - Yogi Bear 
Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer my brethren - chav Your the man bro - torosboxing75 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGirl View Post
I watched all 3 fights this week and the fights LEADING up to them.

Lewis-Tyson.
This was a past prime ATG against a semi Shot ATG. I actually say 'semi shot' because Mike still had that 1-3 round burst in him and was still a extremely hard puncher. In fact he was pretty dangerous towards the end of his career with a single punch knock out as oppose to his combination punching abilities during his prime.

I honestly feel that if it wasn't Lennox in there but say a Povetkin or even a David Haye, that 2002 version of Tyson might have still caught them.

Shot Level: Semi Shot

Joe Calzaghe-Roy Jones Jr
Roy was shot to **** in this fight. It's ****ing funny how some people point out that he did 'well' against a shot to shyt Trinidad and made it seem as if Roy was back. Roy was never back, his reflexes were totally gone as was his speed/power/and just overall work rate.

Shot Level: Shot to shyt.

Manny Pacquaio vs Oscar De La Hoya.
Ya. This one was pretty embarrassing. Oscar was zombie boy in there.
The Oscar of this fight is probably comparable to the Tyson of the Kevin McBride fight.. (If that)
That being said Manny was the much smaller man and was a big under dog heading into the fight. It's still a good win, simply because of the underdog status, but that was not the real Oscar or even a 'past prime' Oscar.

Shot Level: Beyond shot to shyt
I don't think Oscar was shot to shyt, he was obviously past prime. The reason he looked so bad in that fight it because of weight. Its a myth that pac was the smaller man. He weighed more than Oscar on fight night.

I'm going with Tyson being the most shot, psychologically shot anyway. Hear him talking in between rounds, he sounds totally helpless. "He's too big, he's too strong"

That's how I remember it anyway. Old Iron Mike wouldn't have cared how big you were.