Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-22-2012, 07:28 AM
-Weltschmerz-
Reeperbahn

Rep Power: 29 -Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,001,402,564,448,661.62
Total Points: 1,001,402,564,451,841.50
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bomb ass poster - thuggery One of the best posters on this site. - Scott.Weiland. One of the best posters on this site. - Scott.Weiland. I appreciate the green K - Boxing Goat 
One of BoxingScene's best. - PainfromUkraine welcome back - Freedom2014 Right back at you sir. - Keitha313 Thanks. Cheers - Boxing Goat Cheers mate. - Augustane 
ATG poster - sugarsmosley Top man - Scott.Weiland. I'll drink to that. - ßringer I commend your action on the war against Nostagliatards - Red Cyclone funny poster - jas 
No Message - Lebanon Here's Wlads ring.I just came in it you can lick it up after you're finished giving him a B1tch T1T ride when you take your bra off and takes more scratched out face pics - Col. Hans Landa Hope u have a kick ass time at the fight - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbatron View Post
Exactly. In a world where 90% of the population has to work backbreaking 60hr weeks just to get by, I have no sympathy for the likes of Holyfield or Tyson.

They could have did some long lasting community work with that money, instead they wasted it on sports cars, legal bills, and gambling.
Well they can spend their money however they like, and I don't think they asked for sympathy from the general public.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-22-2012, 12:32 PM
NachoMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 NachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond reputeNachoMan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 36,936.11

Quote:
Exactly. In a world where 90% of the population has to work backbreaking 60hr weeks just to get by, I have no sympathy for the likes of Holyfield or Tyson.

They could have did some long lasting community work with that money, instead they wasted it on sports cars, legal bills, and gambling.
What world do you live in where you see 90% of the population doing back-breaking work for 60 hrs a week?? I would say that 90% of the population (particularly in the developed world) has not done one day of back-breaking work in their entire lives. Holyfield and most other elite fighters who made it to the top of the sport are among the small minority of people who actually knows what real sweat and toil are about. I'm pretty much always considered the house liberal wherever I go, but even I don't think that Evander owes anybody else (except for his dozens of kids, of course) one cent of his money. When you bust your ass and make a million dollars you can go ahead and donate it all to "the community" if you want. We will all think the world of you. Incidentally, from what I've read over the years, Evander has, in fact, spent plenty of his time and money supporting charitable causes.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,022,911,810,168,687.00
Total Points: 5,022,911,810,188,442.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
...from what I've read over the years, Evander has, in fact, spent plenty of his time and money supporting charitable causes.
I'm not familiar with Holyfield's philanthropic activities, but I don't doubt that he's given quite a bit of money away to worthy charities and not-so-worthy "charities" (like the legions of leaches he, no doubt, was plagued with). It's true that much of Evander's money was spent foolishly, but it's stereotypical to imply that it was all frittered away on objects of vanity.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 53 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,720,001,262,091.28
Total Points: 1,966,001,447,934.20
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Donald Trump, a man who was born into money and attended the prestigious Wharton school of business, was once forced to file for bankruptcy protection for his businesses and was brought to the brink of personal bankruptcy. Trump may be many things, but he's not stupid; and he's certainly no stranger to handling large sums of money. If he could bungle his finances, why should a boxer's money woes be attributed solely to his perceived stupidity?
But Trump was making risky investments, you can't compare an ambitious businessman to a rich athlete. Especially when there are many athletes who made a lot less money than him but are still rich today.