Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: What is your view on boxers who quit
All of them are excusable. I'm not a fighter, I respect any who get in the ring. 9 27.27%
Depends on the situation and circumstances. Some will be excusable.Some won't 23 69.70%
None of them are excusable. You are a paid prize fighter. 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-21-2012, 02:51 PM
WolfGirl
Banned

Rep Power: 0 WolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond reputeWolfGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 62,461.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
His shoulder was pretty much gone but I completely understand what you're saying. Having said that what did you think of Ortiz quitting against the smaller Lopez?

Also no one seems to mention McCall loool
Ahh. Ya. I think the post fight interviews actually have a LOT to do with the perceptions fans form.

I don't know if Vitali was just in shock or something, but if you watch
Byrd vs Vitali on Youtube? The post-Fight was shocking.
Vitali was saying quotes like
"I did not know if I can win enough points'
"after 3rd round I realize I have trouble fighting southpaws"
"there was no injury, no wait there was a injury but it had NO EFFECT on the fight'.

He dug himself a deep hole with those comments. As for Ortiz/Lopez, the big issue is that guy quit once already. This time the physical evidence was there, that jaw did look pretty nasty. So I think fans should give him a break there, of course the fact is he did quit before .. lol

Olivier Mccall is a granite chin beast from another universe. Lennox was unloading on Mccall, who just stood there crying and blubbering. Numerous sources cited that he did a lot during the Tyson sparring as well. All Mccall did at times was let Tyson unload and he still was never even hurt.

Mccall without mental issues actually seem like a styles nightmare for a large amount of ATG'S. Granite chin and great 1 punch KO power.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Prince_Pugilist
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond reputePrince_Pugilist has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,036,269.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGirl View Post
Ahh. Ya. I think the post fight interviews actually have a LOT to do with the perceptions fans form.

I don't know if Vitali was just in shock or something, but if you watch
Byrd vs Vitali on Youtube? The post-Fight was shocking.
Vitali was saying quotes like
"I did not know if I can win enough points'
"after 3rd round I realize I have trouble fighting southpaws"
"there was no injury, no wait there was a injury but it had NO EFFECT on the fight'.

He dug himself a deep hole with those comments. As for Ortiz/Lopez, the big issue is that guy quit once already. This time the physical evidence was there, that jaw did look pretty nasty. So I think fans should give him a break there, of course the fact is he did quit before .. lol

Olivier Mccall is a granite chin beast from another universe. Lennox was unloading on Mccall, who just stood there crying and blubbering. Numerous sources cited that he did a lot during the Tyson sparring as well. All Mccall did at times was let Tyson unload and he still was never even hurt.

Mccall without mental issues actually seem like a styles nightmare for a large amount of ATG'S. Granite chin and great 1 punch KO power.
Hahahaha yeah Vitali did say some odd things but I think i twas the shock of losing, he didn't know how to deal with it.

McCall, man that chin was indestructible but I sometimes can't get over how ridiculous the whole scenario was. That's boxing, expect the unexpected.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:21 AM
YDKSAB
Banned

Rep Power: 0 YDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond reputeYDKSAB has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,779.80

Victor Ortiz' latest quit job should be excused imo, his jaw was severely fractured. But his previous quit job was bad.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Capaedia
JMM Stan

Rep Power: 18 Capaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 215,075,048,905.93
Total Points: 358,925,566,046.83
your pressie - McGoorty Keep up the top posts! - Barnburner 1000 posts! Keep spreading knowledge. - JAB5239 1,000 posts - Scott9945 Great posting - joseph5620 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy Holidays  Capaedia - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* happy holidays to a good poster - Cleto_Reyes 

McClellan should've quit earlier than he ended up having to.

I reckon the fan culture about quitting is why he didn't. He knew something was wrong with his head, he was telling his corner.

Being disappointed and angry with a fighter is one thing, but some of the **** people said about Ortiz and Dawson was disgusting.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 AM
White_Knight
At a lady's service

Rep Power: 14 White_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,023,463,160,626.92
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks for green K - Weltschmerz 

It's never right to quit. They should put a surgeon's table by the ring so the fighter's brain hemmorhages can be worked on straight after the final bell.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,613,264,106.05
Total Points: 15,697,528,277.79
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

ppl are too harsh on them. obviously you can question their fighting ability if they show a lack of heart. but calling them cowards and whatnot isnt fair. nobody who makes a career out of fighting is a coward, nobody.