Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-21-2012, 01:18 AM
SlimTim
Contender

Rep Power: 7 SlimTim is a jewel in the roughSlimTim is a jewel in the roughSlimTim is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,904.48
2008 Class - mellow_mood 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Dawson also beat Tomasz Adamek, remember.
You got me there
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 AM
Miburo
Double X

Rep Power: 291 Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 194,788,898,361,178.38
Total Points: 195,320,381,030,688.47
Here's a superman gift, for being brave enough to fukk squids - Erik13 I shall try my best to improve my reputation. - Robin Hood Here's for the 7k post! - led Happy 7k! :) - *Boss Lady* xmas gift, even though i'm almost 1000% sure you don't celebrate it.. - Ether 
Thank you ! - BulgariasFinest Happy 8k! :) - Bossy Here's one for the 8k party - led I found a way to fix &quot;it&quot;....pm me, ill be more than happy to help you - Mike Tyson77 I'm new here but congratulations on your 9000 post...cheers! - jose830 
For going 10,000 strong! - codey for your service. - codey 10000 - TBear Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy new year, Teng. - Terrel 
the first bottle is on me homie! - jose830 Happy 10.5k tard! - led* 
Autism - Pension-Killer Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - project xxx1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Point Giver Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Great, make this fight happen.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM
mikeMack
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mikeMack is infamous around these partsmikeMack is infamous around these partsmikeMack is infamous around these partsmikeMack is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,844.17
Default Kessie ain't going to England

Kessler talks more than he fights. Kessie ain't going to Nottingham to fight Froch. It's debatable if Kessie even won the first Froch fight. Kessler fights the easy fights and takes the road well paved. Just a danish cream puff kessie is.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Ravens Fan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 Ravens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,072,395.46
To another real passionate boxing fan!! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
Maybe it's the way Froch conducts himself with the media. When the guy talks he catches peoples' attention. Ward however is about as boring with a mic as Kendall Holt vs Mike Aranotis. Sure, Ward has fought great opposition, but his resume is not quite as impressive as Carl's, other than beating the man himself. Ever since he dominated Kessler Ward was the new favorite of everyone to win the tournament. He was not anywhere close to an underdog or even money in any of his fights since.

I guess you can make the case that Taylor was done after the first Pavlik fight but I don't agree. Taylor followed it with a close points loss that could have gone either way, when most were predicting Pavlik to finish him earlier next time around. He then utterly dominated Jeff Lacey who was coming off of a clear win over Peter Manfredo. I would contend that it was Froch who finished Taylor's career as a world class fighter as he was never the same after Carl came from behind to pull the upset.

Now I agree that Dirrell probably deserved the nod against Froch but that fight had plenty of close rounds and was very difficult to score. However I felt Froch easily outpointed Kessler 117-111 on my card, but again, that fight was full of close rounds.

I personally feel that you have to give Froch more credit for what he did against Bute than Ward for what he did to Dawson because Ward was expected to win that fight and Froch once again pulled an upset. I don't think it's fair to say that Dawson is a better fighter than Bute either because other than a win over 47 year old Hopkins there is nothing on his resume to contend that
I didn't say Ward wasn't the favorite. However, the way Froch is talked about on these forums makes it sound as is if he is still the one that is undefeated and won the Super Six. Again I don't understand it.

As for the second Taylor-Pavlik fight is concerned Kelly threw almost twice as many punches and landed close to 100 more. One judge gave him nine rounds and one gave him eight rounds and it was a UD. And honestly I don't see how anyone could think it was close. I was also personally shocked that Pavlik easily out boxed Taylor, I didn't see that coming. I also would not bring up the fact that Lacy beat a club fighter from Rhode Island to prove that he wasn't done. And I really thought Lacy was for real until Joe broke him.

As far as the Kessler-Froch fight is concerned. I don't think it was a 117-111 fight either way. But with little doubt I was still able to easily score the fight for Kessler. And considering how his career was turned upside down after his lose to Joe. He then got spanked by Ward and that says a lot to me that he was then able to easily beat Froch.

As far as Bute and Dawson are concerned. In my opinion the only thing that is debatable is who is the more overrated fighter. I will also say that I really believed that Bute was for real and I was wrong. But then again its not really debatable because even at 47 Bhop is better then anyone on Bute's resume. Sad Chad also easily beat Adamek back in the day. And come to think of it at 40 even Antonio Tarver is better then anyone on Bute's resume. So as I said it is not really all that debatable.

I also honestly don't remember anyone but myself and a very small minority of fans thinking that Bute was for real. What I do recall was a large majority of the fans on the forum that actually believed Bute to be way overrated. And thought that someone like Froch would easily beat him when he stepped up. Therefore I don't believe that the result of the fight was such a shocker and it was more of a "I told you so" attitude with most fans. Obiously they were right and I was wrong.

In the end Ward dominated a fighter Froch lost to in Kessler and then Ward dominated Froch. Ward then beats not only a a alphabet belt holder but also the Ring champion in the LH division and yet that still doesn't seem to be enough. I guess when Ward rematches Froch and easily dominates him and makes him look amateurish once again. He will finally get the credit that I feel that he deserves.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Rammstein
Hamburg O2 Arena

Rep Power: 29 Rammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond reputeRammstein has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 821,498,891,236,080.12
Total Points: 821,498,891,249,349.75
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bomb ass poster - thuggery One of the best posters on this site. - Scott.Weiland. One of the best posters on this site. - Scott.Weiland. I appreciate the green K - Boxing Goat 
One of BoxingScene's best. - PainfromUkraine welcome back - Freedom2014 Right back at you sir. - Keitha313 Thanks. Cheers - Boxing Goat Cheers mate. - Augustane 
ATG poster - sugarsmosley Top man - Scott.Weiland. I'll drink to that. - ▀ringer I commend your action on the war against Nostagliatards - Red Cyclone funny poster - jas 
No Message - Lebanon Here's Wlads ring.I just came in it you can lick it up after you're finished giving him a B1tch T1T ride when you take your bra off and takes more scratched out face pics - Col. Hans Landa Hope u have a kick ass time at the fight - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeMack View Post
Kessler talks more than he fights. Kessie ain't going to Nottingham to fight Froch. It's debatable if Kessie even won the first Froch fight. Kessler fights the easy fights and takes the road well paved. Just a danish cream puff kessie is.
yup and you are?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:55 PM
mikeMack
Banned

Rep Power: 0 mikeMack is infamous around these partsmikeMack is infamous around these partsmikeMack is infamous around these partsmikeMack is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,844.17
Default Kessler is a cream puff filled with soft gooey icing

Kessler seeks the easy way out his whole career. Kessie doesn't want tough fights and is thought of world wide as a soft Danish wimp. Most fans laugh as kessler and his attempts to avoid tough rematches like Ward and Froch. Kessler is too feminine and soft inside to amount to anything.