Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#21
Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 45 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,930.64
Bank: 5,698,538,494,434,083.00
Total Points: 5,698,538,494,445,014.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofan View Post
I believe that Froch has fought the better competition since the two of them fought and has improved while Kessler has more or less just remained stagnant.
That's the way I see it as well. Froch's confidence is sky high right now, I would pick him to beat Kessler.

Especially if the Dane has the guts to go to Nottingham.
Reply With Quote
ShoulderRoll is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#22
Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 PM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,084
Rep Power: 23 MJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 6,000,080,742.04
Bank: 8,719,315,157,910.90
Total Points: 8,725,315,238,652.94
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 Thanks MJ much appreciated - -Pull ma Finga- &quot;I see you pimp&quot; made me :lol1: - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 
Default

I got Froch in the rematch......
Reply With Quote
MJ223 is offline
#23
Old 11-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Ravens Fan
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Roaming the back roads of America
Posts: 3,205
Rep Power: 18 Ravens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 101,074,782.91
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,074,782.91
To another real passionate boxing fan!! - LoadedWraps 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
Froch will apparently never stop being the most overrated fighter in these forums. Why is it that some fans take zero note of the quality of opposition when assessing a fighters ablilities and so-called improvement? Froch can only go so far on guts and bravado. He can outbox and outpunch 3rd-tier guys like Yusaf Mack and fragile minded fighters like Bute, but Ward has shown himself to be several notches above that crowd. What kind of improvement in craft or speed has Froch shown since his first loss to Ward that wouldn honestly make someone believe that the outcome of a rematch would be any different? I would love to see the fight, but I'm convinced that it would only end worse for Froch (probable TKO or KO).
Ward is so much better then Froch that if they fought 10 times Ward would beat him 15 times. And that is not a typo!

Last edited by Ravens Fan; 11-20-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Ravens Fan is offline
#24
Old 11-20-2012, 08:42 PM
SlimTim
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 267
Rep Power: 7 SlimTim is a jewel in the roughSlimTim is a jewel in the roughSlimTim is a jewel in the rough
Points: 6,971.40
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,971.40
2008 Class - mellow_mood 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoMan View Post
Froch will apparently never stop being the most overrated fighter in these forums. Why is it that some fans take zero note of the quality of opposition when assessing a fighters ablilities and so-called improvement? Froch can only go so far on guts and bravado. He can outbox and outpunch 3rd-tier guys like Yusaf Mack and fragile minded fighters like Bute, but Ward has shown himself to be several notches above that crowd. What kind of improvement in craft or speed has Froch shown since his first loss to Ward that wouldn honestly make someone believe that the outcome of a rematch would be any different? I would love to see the fight, but I'm convinced that it would only end worse for Froch (probable TKO or KO).
Look at who Froch has fought since first winning a belt against Pascal in 2008. It's a who's who list of names. Can you name me a fighter that's faced a better string of opposition since that time? Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Glen Johnson, Bute, with Mack as the only soft touch. Froch was the underdog going into most of those fights and the only one that he clearly lost was against Ward. So yes, I think people on this forum are assessing the quality of opposition that Froch has faced when praising him
Reply With Quote
SlimTim is offline
#25
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 26,890
Rep Power: 70 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 29,220,116,152,049.72
Bank: 4,051,117,537,804,096.50
Total Points: 4,080,337,653,956,146.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 
Default

I really hope it's in the UK.
Reply With Quote
IronDanHamza is offline
#26
Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 AM
Ravens Fan
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Roaming the back roads of America
Posts: 3,205
Rep Power: 18 Ravens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond reputeRavens Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 101,074,782.91
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,074,782.91
To another real passionate boxing fan!! - LoadedWraps 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
Look at who Froch has fought since first winning a belt against Pascal in 2008. It's a who's who list of names. Can you name me a fighter that's faced a better string of opposition since that time? Taylor, Dirrell, Kessler, Abraham, Glen Johnson, Bute, with Mack as the only soft touch. Froch was the underdog going into most of those fights and the only one that he clearly lost was against Ward. So yes, I think people on this forum are assessing the quality of opposition that Froch has faced when praising him
I am just looking at the list the way I see and I am not trying to take anything from Froch. Here goes. In my opinion Taylor was done after the first Pavlik fight. And Froch still needed to take him out in the last 10 seconds or Taylor would have easily won the fight.

I believe that Froch lost to Dirrell in a fight that defines the definition of home town decision. In my opinion Dirrell made Froch look very amateurish. I also thought Kessler easily beat Froch at a time when he was going through all kinds of hell with his management. Not to mention the fact that Kessler had also got his a$$ handed to him by Ward in his previous fight.

In my opinion Abraham is a joke and is the definition of an eastern European fighter who wins a belt and fights easy opponents in Germany. Then he moves up and showed nothing for almost 24 rounds against both Dirrell and Froch.

I really like Glen Johnson but in reality he is 4-6 in his last ten fights and hasn't won a meaningful fight since the Jurassic period. And I was also a fan of Bute but he was obviously overrated. Honestly, I have to say that I wasn't even convinced of that when Froch sparked him. It was his last fight that really proved it to me. As for Mack he has been knocked out every time he has stepped up and Ward proved he is in a league of his own when he easily and totally dominated Froch.

What I don't understand is that Ward fought pretty much the same level of opponents in the Super Six as Froch. He then totally dominated Froch and then dominated the supposed best LH on the planet in Dawson, and yet somehow Froch seems to get more attention, why? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Reply With Quote
Ravens Fan is offline
#27
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 AM
sdcluser
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,095
Rep Power: 12 sdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 31,873,647.29
Bank: 3,078,688,153.41
Total Points: 3,110,561,800.70
you need a gift. - I'm so sorry No Message - sdcluser Good Luck Sucker..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Default

After Ward and Froch fight, Kessler is done at the elite level. I did have him winning by 1-2 pt over Froch. Just tellin the way it is
Reply With Quote
sdcluser is offline
#28
Old 11-21-2012, 01:18 AM
-Weltschmerz-
Mayor of Kiev
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,464
Rep Power: 35 -Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute-Weltschmerz- has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,622.09
Bank: 5,051,443,795,526,683.00
Total Points: 5,051,443,795,529,305.00
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bomb ass poster - thuggery One of the best posters on this site. - Scott.Weiland. One of the best posters on this site. - Scott.Weiland. I appreciate the green K - Boxing Goat 
One of BoxingScene's best. - PainfromUkraine welcome back - Freedom2014 Right back at you sir. - Keitha313 Thanks. Cheers - Boxing Goat Cheers mate. - Augustane 
ATG poster - sugarsmosley Top man - Scott.Weiland. I'll drink to that. - ▀ringer I commend your action on the war against Nostagliatards - Red Cyclone funny poster - jas 
No Message - Lebanon Here's Wlads ring.I just came in it you can lick it up after you're finished giving him a B1tch T1T ride when you take your bra off and takes more scratched out face pics - Col. Hans Landa Hope u have a kick ass time at the fight - Boxing Goat Beterbiev - wladavit Great posts buddy - Boxing Goat 
Default

Kessler should beat Froch in Nottingham, then go fight Ward in the US. Not too realistic maybe, but possible with a bit of luck.
Reply With Quote
-Weltschmerz- is offline
#29
Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 AM
SlimTim
Contender
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 267
Rep Power: 7 SlimTim is a jewel in the roughSlimTim is a jewel in the roughSlimTim is a jewel in the rough
Points: 6,971.40
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,971.40
2008 Class - mellow_mood 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
I am just looking at the list the way I see and I am not trying to take anything from Froch. Here goes. In my opinion Taylor was done after the first Pavlik fight. And Froch still needed to take him out in the last 10 seconds or Taylor would have easily won the fight.

I believe that Froch lost to Dirrell in a fight that defines the definition of home town decision. In my opinion Dirrell made Froch look very amateurish. I also thought Kessler easily beat Froch at a time when he was going through all kinds of hell with his management. Not to mention the fact that Kessler had also got his a$$ handed to him by Ward in his previous fight.

In my opinion Abraham is a joke and is the definition of an eastern European fighter who wins a belt and fights easy opponents in Germany. Then he moves up and showed nothing for almost 24 rounds against both Dirrell and Froch.

I really like Glen Johnson but in reality he is 4-6 in his last ten fights and hasn't won a meaningful fight since the Jurassic period. And I was also a fan of Bute but he was obviously overrated. Honestly, I have to say that I wasn't even convinced of that when Froch sparked him. It was his last fight that really proved it to me. As for Mack he has been knocked out every time he has stepped up and Ward proved he is in a league of his own when he easily and totally dominated Froch.

What I don't understand is that Ward fought pretty much the same level of opponents in the Super Six as Froch. He then totally dominated Froch and then dominated the supposed best LH on the planet in Dawson, and yet somehow Froch seems to get more attention, why? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Maybe it's the way Froch conducts himself with the media. When the guy talks he catches peoples' attention. Ward however is about as boring with a mic as Kendall Holt vs Mike Aranotis. Sure, Ward has fought great opposition, but his resume is not quite as impressive as Carl's, other than beating the man himself. Ever since he dominated Kessler Ward was the new favorite of everyone to win the tournament. He was not anywhere close to an underdog or even money in any of his fights since.

I guess you can make the case that Taylor was done after the first Pavlik fight but I don't agree. Taylor followed it with a close points loss that could have gone either way, when most were predicting Pavlik to finish him earlier next time around. He then utterly dominated Jeff Lacey who was coming off of a clear win over Peter Manfredo. I would contend that it was Froch who finished Taylor's career as a world class fighter as he was never the same after Carl came from behind to pull the upset.

Now I agree that Dirrell probably deserved the nod against Froch but that fight had plenty of close rounds and was very difficult to score. However I felt Froch easily outpointed Kessler 117-111 on my card, but again, that fight was full of close rounds.

I personally feel that you have to give Froch more credit for what he did against Bute than Ward for what he did to Dawson because Ward was expected to win that fight and Froch once again pulled an upset. I don't think it's fair to say that Dawson is a better fighter than Bute either because other than a win over 47 year old Hopkins there is nothing on his resume to contend that
Reply With Quote
SlimTim is offline
#30
Old 11-21-2012, 02:00 AM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15,038
Rep Power: 45 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,930.64
Bank: 5,698,538,494,434,083.00
Total Points: 5,698,538,494,445,014.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
I don't think it's fair to say that Dawson is a better fighter than Bute either because other than a win over 47 year old Hopkins there is nothing on his resume to contend that
Dawson also beat Tomasz Adamek, remember.
Reply With Quote
ShoulderRoll is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright ę 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.