Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-18-2012, 06:22 PM
UTEP
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 74 UTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 562,562,565,105,028.94
Total Points: 653,362,575,211,646.88
Happy New Year carnal, que estes bien.. - !! AI-Holmes!! good ass poster - I'm so sorry Thanks for the YouTube posting tip, had to idea haha. - CounterPunching I meant 'no idea', not 'to idea' on the last gift.. - CounterPunching That's one of the hottest bitches I've ever seen! word! - jose830 
el norte beautiful film no doubt - Tha_Greatest No Message - Sake1 :rofl: :rofl: that was funny...salud! - jose830 No Message - chiguy91 GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner 
i watched the Bradley/Marquez video on my lunch, thanks for sharing - jose830 :lol1:@homie g funk... I'm in PR right now so I'll send you a tropical fish - jose830 No Message - Sake1 I'm digging this neon sign gifs - -jose- it's all good homie - -jose- 
thanks for the popcorn...hereI left you some - -jose- Thank you.  Toma una fria!  Cheers bro. - damit305 BANG BANG - sugarsmosley to a true atg poster - jas <3 - Beercules 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Hepatitis C - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jas Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - jas 

"Ricky BURNS will get BURNED"

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Catch~Fade
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Catch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these partsCatch~Fade is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,642.36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
So you'll blame it on Burns if the fight doesn't happen? I don't understand why American fighters don't like to travel. If Broner was as confident as he says he is, he wouldn't hesitate to travel to Scotland and dismantle Burns in front of his hometown crowd. What better way to gain new fans?
Make it happen in Vegas. the least biased place you can fight. fight capital of the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
Coward? WTF are you talking about? Have you seen Burns? He's a HUGE lightweight. He gave up the WBO 130lbs belt when it became impossible for him to make weight any more. As a fan of boxing, can't you give a boxer, a world champion no less, the benefit of the doubt? Boxers, almost unanimously, are extremely brave. Burns is already on record as saying he wants a unification next. Looks like it's going to happen in March. So quit crying.
if he's serious about fighting Broner, all is forgiven.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Kilrain
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Kilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond reputeKilrain has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,299.57
Total Points: 10,050,673,594.85

Quote:
So you'll blame it on Burns if the fight doesn't happen? I don't understand why American fighters don't like to travel. If Broner was as confident as he says he is, he wouldn't hesitate to travel to Scotland and dismantle Burns in front of his hometown crowd. What better way to gain new fans?
Quote:
And as the star, he has more pressure on his back. Too many fans are expecting Burns to be a cakewalk, and some feel that Broner shouldn't even bother fighting him. Broner isn't the only fighter @LW, so it's not like Burns has a shortage of opponents. Sure, Broner is the only media-hyped fighter in that division, but he isn't the only good fighter.

Also, Bradley fought Witter in the UK and he fought Holt in Canada. It seems like once the networks get behind a fighter, said fighter develops this sense of entitlement where they think their opponent is the one who has to make concessions. It seems like even the fans are beginning to develop the same mentality. The mentality that says, "champions should only travel when they don't have a big fan-base in their own state/country." I remember when fans complained about Khan fighting in D.C., and then dissing him when he lost because the decision didn't go his way. I wish more fighters would take the same risk. Broner and Ward have to take that risk at some point, and the opportunities are staring at them.
A lot of fighters do develop a sense of entitlement, but at the same time, why should Broner go to Scotland? He's the bigger name. He's got the WBC belt. It's not like Burns is huge in the UK, like Hatton was, and has sold out a 50,000 seater stadium or anything like that. Besides, Broner isn't from Vegas so if the fight was in Nevada it wouldn't be in either's "backyard". Basically, there's no reason for Broner to go to Scotland and face Burns other than to tick off a box about fighting abroad.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
APBrooklyn
Contender

Total Points: 10,000,008,610.65

Broner-Mattyhsse
Old 11-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Money_May
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 57 Money_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,459,241,918,926,104.00
Total Points: 9,461,396,175,674,096.00
:love: - Bossy :love: Cause you're super, man :P - Bossy Finishing the row off :D - Bossy :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Guy with a GIGANTIC Heart. - afiln the power of truth! - Panginoon My mateeeeeeeee :kiss: - Bossy 10000 post...drink up! - jose830 10000 posts! Congrats.. - ABOSWORTH 
Congrats! - Terrel Happy 10k babes and I know what tomo is :P - Bossy Cheers bro! - dan_cov The real Money May! - dan_cov May-kin' it rain - dan_cov 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. thanks :beerchug: - jose830 A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 a man who knows his football - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Broner beats burns but to say he will walk burns down early and KO him is ignorance. I hope the fights in the UK I will be there!

No one beats broner at 135 so I'll have to wait until 140 to see him lose.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:28 PM
rogdogx
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 rogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond reputerogdogx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 56,476,565.87
Total Points: 130,008,563,940.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
"Burns will get burned." Clever.
Not really. Doesn't take much to come up with that one.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:53 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,877,050.74
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Broner will TKO Burns in 6 rounds. I was spot on with 8 rounds in DeMarco. I knew DeMarco was a tough fighter and could take some punishment. I don't see Burns standing up to Broner for more than 6 rounds.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 

American fighters don't travel as often because they don't have to travel all that much in order to get the big fights. The foreign fighters travel here for their mega fights. Most all foreign fighters will tell you to make it big on the world stage in this sport, you have to come to America.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Las Vegas and Atlantic City are probably the two most neutral places you can fight. Boner traveling to Scotland would be like Burns traveling to Cincy, not going to happen. Broner beat the #1 guy in the divison, Broner brings in the HBO money, both have titles.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 PM
wizard king
Banned

Rep Power: 0 wizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these partswizard king is infamous around these parts
Bank: 34,526,936.49
Total Points: 34,565,631.62

Broner will get charged with muder if he fights burns. This fight won't go pass 4rds burns should stick to fighting euro bums.