Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-18-2012, 05:39 PM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 33 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 681,145,881,197,681.75
Total Points: 681,276,881,466,957.62
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
So you'll blame it on Burns if the fight doesn't happen? I don't understand why American fighters don't like to travel. If Broner was as confident as he says he is, he wouldn't hesitate to travel to Scotland and dismantle Burns in front of his hometown crowd. What better way to gain new fans?
Funny thing is that they used to. Off the top of my head, more recently I believe Judah went to Scotland and handed Junior Witter his first L. Whitaker fought in Europe a few times, although he got a raw deal in one of those fights.

I think that's a fair criticism of U.S. fighters.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-18-2012, 05:46 PM
95 DOE or DIE
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,187.67

I think Broner would dismantle Burns. I like Burns and he is a good honet fighter but so was Demarco. Broner is a special talent and a gigantic lightweight and will only be tested at 140 by Lucas Matthysse or Danny Garcia.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 54 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,314,895,240,526.20
Total Points: 2,560,895,450,437.88
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClutch85 View Post
Broner basically cleaned out out 135 by beating DeMarco's ass its a weak division not much competition for him there I was all for Broner cleaning out the division I changed my mind now I'd rather him go up to 140 and fight meaningful fights than stay at 135 and fight meaningless fights right now he's ready for Rios Garcia Matthysse Khan all tough fights but winnable ones for Broner
Whoa slow your roll. Abril is the uncrowned LW king, he dominated Rios who is a much tougher foe than Demarco. Broner needs to beat this dude before claiming he cleaned out 135.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:57 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 233,840,259,531,514.62
Total Points: 301,341,259,645,723.75
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrain View Post
I see your point, and sort of agree, but at the same time Broner's the star. The logical venue for the fight is Vegas, the Mecca of boxing.
And as the star, he has more pressure on his back. Too many fans are expecting Burns to be a cakewalk, and some feel that Broner shouldn't even bother fighting him. Broner isn't the only fighter @LW, so it's not like Burns has a shortage of opponents. Sure, Broner is the only media-hyped fighter in that division, but he isn't the only good fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
Funny thing is that they used to. Off the top of my head, more recently I believe Judah went to Scotland and handed Junior Witter his first L. Whitaker fought in Europe a few times, although he got a raw deal in one of those fights.

I think that's a fair criticism of U.S. fighters.
Also, Bradley fought Witter in the UK and he fought Holt in Canada. It seems like once the networks get behind a fighter, said fighter develops this sense of entitlement where they think their opponent is the one who has to make concessions. It seems like even the fans are beginning to develop the same mentality. The mentality that says, "champions should only travel when they don't have a big fan-base in their own state/country." I remember when fans complained about Khan fighting in D.C., and then dissing him when he lost because the decision didn't go his way. I wish more fighters would take the same risk. Broner and Ward have to take that risk at some point, and the opportunities are staring at them.

Last edited by kiaba360; 11-18-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:59 PM
hitking
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 hitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond reputehitking has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,143,698.97
Gay and Lesbian Pride - sugarsmosley 

If his next fight is in Cincy, I'm there.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:01 PM
95 DOE or DIE
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,187.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 DOE or DIE View Post
I think Broner would dismantle Burns. I like Burns and he is a good honet fighter but so was Demarco. Broner is a special talent and a gigantic lightweight and will only be tested at 140 by Lucas Matthysse or Danny Garcia.
Meant to say honest fighter.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:01 PM
D-MiZe
Iron lungs

Rep Power: 101 D-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,178,531,271,572.94
Total Points: 109,183,032,669,072.34
'cause it's going to piss pour! - *Boss Lady* for when I am around. ;) - *Boss Lady* Best chat up line in a gift and or message on Boxingscene. - *Boss Lady* Because you are just so charming. &lt;3333 - *Boss Lady* You haven't been around ... batteries are now dead. - *Boss Lady* 
I read your manual, changed the batteries and made a mess. Ooops :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Happy Easter babe :kiss: - Bossy 
25k Posts! :kiss: - Bossy For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Keeping the &quot;Predictorship Challenge&quot; alive. - D4thincarnation The Predictorship Challenge Champion Season 3 - D4thincarnation Happy holidays bro! - led* 
have a safe and Happy New Years bro! :fing02: - jose830 don't get to comfortable with this around your neck, it's going to be taken. - TartanSoldier cause you have janes toney as an avy and cause i cant finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu Some great posts - jas genius predictions! - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GetSumBrah Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Autism - The Scientist Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - siablo14 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - iBreakbeat 
Send a message via MSN to D-MiZe

Can't see this happening...
Old 11-18-2012, 06:11 PM
MrClutch85
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 MrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,051,745.16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
Whoa slow your roll. Abril is the uncrowned LW king, he dominated Rios who is a much tougher foe than Demarco. Broner needs to beat this dude before claiming he cleaned out 135.
Abril is a awkward slick fighter who can present some problems for Broner he might be a slightly tougher foe than DeMarco but I think Broner would KO Abril in the late rounds
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 PM
Corelone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Corelone is a splendid one to beholdCorelone is a splendid one to beholdCorelone is a splendid one to beholdCorelone is a splendid one to beholdCorelone is a splendid one to beholdCorelone is a splendid one to beholdCorelone is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 7,414,012.18
Total Points: 10,107,449,257.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.W.F.C View Post
If he's so confident he won't mind going over to Scotland then.
Lots of luck. Broner was the challenger and didn't go to Mexico. I complained about the home town advantage on this site and was told to just enjoy the fight. At this level of competition, you can't give the other guy too many advantages. Broner won and would probably have won anywhere, he didn't need all the advantages he got. As for going to Scotland to face Burns, why? Broner doesn't need to impress anybody now, he's the champion. It's up to Burns to do the impressing.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:19 PM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 214 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,522,725,232,683,580.00
Total Points: 33,522,725,232,683,776.00
why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? 
to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC 
Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. for swift payment on epoints bet! - jas No Message - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.W.F.C View Post
If he's so confident he won't mind going over to Scotland then.
Now days its all about who puts up the most money. Broner would be even more dangerous in Burns back yard. because he's have something to prove.