Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM
!! Anorak
Banned

Rep Power: 0 !! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,030,959,523,015.77
Total Points: 73,030,959,565,955.44
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest lmao you a funny cvnt - Alx. It's no kick to the gash, but consider it a consolation of sorts. - Bossy 
Love from Tuggers xxx - RayCharles thanks for the green! you bumped me up one :fing02: - jose830 lparm has once again defeated, in The Thunderdome, and the was banned. Here is a beer for you, in celebration ol' chap. Cheers. - Fistic cheers for the green and top top poster fella! - HUGH JASS Cheers Big Ears! Lets celebrate your e career! There is no krpytonite against you! - Master Cvnt 
For a BScene legend - jazluvr Bloody hilarious - golden247 Cheers! - Boxing Goat Faggot - AL YANKAB*TCH Glad your back, brother - MELLY-MEL... 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Tha_Greatest Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dan-O-Mac 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Oh and the US still has the best boxers P4P of any country.
You're probably forgetting Danny Williams there.

As for this thread and the TS, how many times have we read the same **** now? I don't expect to be surprised by NSB, but **** me...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-18-2012, 01:22 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,876,357.74
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Aside from Wlad, Vitali, and Haye.....the division is in bad shape.

There's some up and comers who look decent enough though. David Price, Mike Perez, Deontay Wilder, Malik Scott, Bryant Jennings, and even guys like Denis Boytsov and Kubrat Pulev look decent enough so far.

We'll see what happens. There's some younger potential there.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 126,203,297,663,788.19
Total Points: 132,205,979,314,965.81
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Åge View Post
Come on guys - I really do like US and has family connections in NY. I am just tired of US folks saying that they do not dominate the HW scene due to other sports - or because HW is in bad shape.

US is still the nation with the most world-champs.

why is it that you think this way?

our two best HW prospects are / were former basketball and football players. both got very late starts in boxing. wilder won olympic bronze with just over 20 fights leading in to the trials. mitchell started boxing at 25.

mitchell and wilder are great examples of why the theory is sound. there's no great shame in losing in mitchell's case. it's not at all an indictment of his potential as a fighter that he was unable to win a big HBO fight with only five years of experience with boxing.

mitchell and wilder type athletes are common in the NBA. thats all you've got. huge men with athletic talent. to think that the division wouldn't be better off without these two sports is wrong. i'm not saying that the americans would be preordained great fighters, but they're a hell of a lot better off than the tony thompson's of the world, who have no talent. or the chambers of the world, who is really only a LHW or a CW.

these guys are huge and talented. if you guys were more familiar with the leagues i think you'd be more likely to see why the theory is supported universally by american boxing media.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:32 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 

Thank you New England. I remember visiting Ron Lyle's gym in Northeast Denver when I was a little kid in the late 80's, and there were tons and tons of HW size kids training in there. I went back to his gym again a few years ago before he died, and there were virtually NO HW size athletes training in his gym. It was all smaller weight kids ranging from 120-160 mostly.

But it's not just the US, the division as a whole is weaker than it's ever been aside from 3 fighters. There's some younger potential out there though, so we'll see what happens. Malik Scott is BY FAR the most gifted American HW and the most pure fighter skill wise.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:43 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 101 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
Thank you New England. I remember visiting Ron Lyle's gym in Northeast Denver when I was a little kid in the late 80's, and there were tons and tons of HW size kids training in there. I went back to his gym again a few years ago before he died, and there were virtually NO HW size athletes training in his gym. It was all smaller weight kids ranging from 120-160 mostly.

But it's not just the US, the division as a whole is weaker than it's ever been aside from 3 fighters. There's some younger potential out there though, so we'll see what happens. Malik Scott is BY FAR the most gifted American HW and the most pure fighter skill wise.

we've got a very different definition of gifts, then, especially at HW. scott can't break a grape.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:46 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
we've got a very different definition of gifts, then, especially at HW. scott can't break a grape.
He lacks power, but in terms of skill I'll take Scott > Wilder and Jennings
Old 11-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Welter_Skelter
Resistance Is Futile

Rep Power: 179 Welter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond reputeWelter_Skelter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 54,092,117,338,840.78
Total Points: 54,092,117,485,683.58
Top Dog.. - !! AI-Holmes!! this pizza is illogical captain - mickeyb for being a smart man on the cotto bets! - rogelio1289 16K Posts - T-97 Have a drink on me Welt! - BatTheMan 
Cheers! - OASIS_LAD An apology - El Dominicano Thanks for my gift!! You think I'm cute?!?! - Blood_Child We Fresh! - Dorian for the king of the scene! - MELLY-MEL... 
Merry Christmas - msagrain I like your M.O. frog. Clog your ateries with a cheezeburger. - Mizzou what's up  with em cookiez? - Tipper1069 Top Banana! - Bendigo Kalnsman for tolerance.....LOL - WTFBALLZ 
Thanks, man.  A true great. - Bendigo I can't possibly give you as much karma as I'd like to so have a gift.  Top poster on this site.... - ABOSWORTH On Me - Rocky. have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead for posting in my weed thread , good man! - HUGH JASS 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - mangler 

The problem with this theory is that being an excellent athlete doesn't mean you are also an excellent fighter.
People who thrive in boxing have something more than just athletic ability.
You know the old cliche.. Boxing is 90% mental
Old 11-18-2012, 02:04 PM
AntonTheMeh
NSB, DKSAB....

Rep Power: 59 AntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond reputeAntonTheMeh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,176,367,286.28
That RJJ clip... LMAOOOOO - sweet pea 50 Hard cold cash. - Hard Dick thx man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Miller Time - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - Old Coward 
solid posts mate - Alx. have a sneakers homie - Warrios or have a snickers lol - Warrios 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
why is it that you think this way?

our two best HW prospects are / were former basketball and football players. both got very late starts in boxing. wilder won olympic bronze with just over 20 fights leading in to the trials. mitchell started boxing at 25.

mitchell and wilder are great examples of why the theory is sound. there's no great shame in losing in mitchell's case. it's not at all an indictment of his potential as a fighter that he was unable to win a big HBO fight with only five years of experience with boxing.

mitchell and wilder type athletes are common in the NBA. thats all you've got. huge men with athletic talent. to think that the division wouldn't be better off without these two sports is wrong. i'm not saying that the americans would be preordained great fighters, but they're a hell of a lot better off than the tony thompson's of the world, who have no talent. or the chambers of the world, who is really only a LHW or a CW.

these guys are huge and talented. if you guys were more familiar with the leagues i think you'd be more likely to see why the theory is supported universally by american boxing media.
exactly.....
Old 11-18-2012, 02:19 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
The problem with this theory is that being an excellent athlete doesn't mean you are also an excellent fighter.
People who thrive in boxing have something more than just athletic ability.
You know the old cliche.. Boxing is 90% mental
being an excellent athlete much better than being a regular guy. most of the current american HW don't have the mental strength to stay away from the buffet and train hard.

being coordinated, strong, huge, and fast is better than being tony thompson.

just think about the argument you're making...

put these guys in a boxing gym at 10 and you'd have dedicate and driven fighters.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,308,253.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

People need to realize that being a worldwide sport, US isn't always going to hold the torch when it comes to boxing anymore. We have to face reality and quit making excuses on the NFL bull****. One day there will a new American great to have that torch and since we all so called love boxing, appreciate the ones ruling it now.