Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Salardo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Salardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond reputeSalardo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 400,536,993,883.22
When you use it think of me - BMWM3P This color matches your eyes - BMWM3P one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - BMWM3P 
Default Did Froch vs Yusaf Mack look "strange" to you?

I like Froch and I don't wanna say anything bad about him. 90 % of me thinks he won a legit fight yesterday and had a nice win. but there are 10 % in me that think everything looked a little bit strange....as if Mack was kinda "paid to lose". The first knockdown looked strange (it looks as if "only" a glancing blow landed) and the end of the fight also looks a little bit strange. And no, I didn't say the fight was fixed, I just felt Mack was "willing to go down". I know Mack lost all his big fights and also gets knocked out from time to time, BUT: fact is Mack fought at lightheavyweight and went down in weight so seeing him getting bullied by Froch in that kind of manner looks...strange.
And the other thing is that Froch knocked NOBODY OUT in his last 6 fights apart from the Bute KO.
I'm not saying Mack took a dive cause he would have lost anyways. But whatever.
Maybe I am totally wrong with how I saw the fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Rk16
Contender

Rep Power: 4 Rk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond reputeRk16 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,462.49

Froch went about his business as usual but Mack had no interest in fighting and got out as quick as possible
To me it seemed like Tyson vs Seldon
Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Pullcounter
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond reputePullcounter has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 57,096,339.38
Total Points: 1,105,391,968.02
'Bout time you had a gift. - S a m u r a i 1 of the few unbiased cats on here - mangler If my daddy thinks you're a good poster, then so do I :) - mangler jr Cheers, to postin wit common sense - mangler Calling it as it is - Tom Flores 
stay shittin on em - MANGLER have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Spacey1991 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - check hook Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Timmy Chans 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halls of Fame View Post
I like Froch and I don't wanna say anything bad about him. 90 % of me thinks he won a legit fight yesterday and had a nice win. but there are 10 % in me that think everything looked a little bit strange....as if Mack was kinda "paid to lose". The first knockdown looked strange (it looks as if "only" a glancing blow landed) and the end of the fight also looks a little bit strange. And no, I didn't say the fight was fixed, I just felt Mack was "willing to go down". I know Mack lost all his big fights and also gets knocked out from time to time, BUT: fact is Mack fought at lightheavyweight and went down in weight so seeing him getting bullied by Froch in that kind of manner looks...strange.
And the other thing is that Froch knocked NOBODY OUT in his last 6 fights apart from the Bute KO.
I'm not saying Mack took a dive cause he would have lost anyways. But whatever.
Maybe I am totally wrong with how I saw the fight.
You're totally wrong with how I saw the fight
Old 11-18-2012, 10:23 AM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,051,299.13
cheers, just saw your post in the NFL thread - ~AK49~ Quality Poster - Dr Rumack 

No.

Mack tripped on the first knock down, it was a glancing shot mixed with a tangle of legs. From then on Froch walked through him, Mack realised he wasn't up for it and then got crushed with a monster body shot.

Andre Ward did the same thing to Chad Dawson who moved down, did that look strange? Ward is not a puncher yet dropped Dawson several times...it happens.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:26 AM
-Lowkey-
Winter is coming

Rep Power: 13 -Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute-Lowkey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,598,988,284,792.54
Total Points: 1,599,095,361,681.09
:) - Bossy Hidden treasures of the Dothraki - Terrel 

Knocked out from time to time? Try every time he's lost Mack is well known to be chinny Froch is known to have heavy hands.

The first knock down there legs were tangled, you could tell the body shots were bothering him from the first one that landed.

Coming off the toughest run of opponents in boxing, pays Yusaf Mack to take a dive? Does not compute.

Last edited by -Lowkey-; 11-18-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 60 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 549,814,952,218,107.69
Total Points: 549,814,952,329,860.50
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Nope, nothing strange to me...Yusaf coming down wouldnt have helped him at all, He was in a tough atmosphere just like Bute was, He was hit with a vicious bodyshot (Twice) so nah...
Old 11-18-2012, 10:35 AM
PrinceNaz88
THE PRINCE IS FO' REAL

Rep Power: 9 PrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 349,576,923,274,829.38
Total Points: 349,577,073,607,647.81
Naseem Hamed til I die - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest not so happy new year bro!get well soon my man. - HUGH JASS 

Nothing dodgy about it whatsover.

Froch knocked him out with a devastating bodyshot. Fighters do get taken out like that you know..
Old 11-18-2012, 10:43 AM
ChampBox@PR
Team Cotto

Rep Power: 21 ChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeChampBox@PR has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 614,772,877,303.31
Total Points: 627,812,858,709.48
medal for champ - Sh!thead You could do with a gift laddo - rorymac always a good poster and a character! - jreckoning For forgetting about you. Friends? :D - TintaBoricua Cotto-Martinez: good post! War Cotto!!! - jose830 
Guerra Cotto...PRPP..Tu Sabe.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lowkey- View Post
Knocked out from time to time? Try every time he's lost Mack is well known to be chinny Froch is known to have heavy hands.

The first knock down there legs were tangled, you could tell the body shots were bothering him from the first one that landed.

Coming off the toughest run of opponents in boxing, pays Yusaf Mack to take a dive? Does not compute.
this right here thread/
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 AM
OptimusWolf
Leakin' Lubricant

Rep Power: 20 OptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond reputeOptimusWolf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,955,917.64
Total Points: 10,008,984,532.63

Nah nothing wrong with that fight, he just struggled with Froch's power from the first shot that landed. Even jabs wer backing him up and he knew after those body shots it was only gonna get worse.

Mismatch - how did he earn a title shot again?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:14 AM
RubenSonny
Lagos State of Mind

Rep Power: 15 RubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,003,151,176,246.89
Total Points: 6,003,152,394,156.72
Well deserved! Great Poster! - Barnburner 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lowkey- View Post

This isn't true.