Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
damned1974
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 damned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 315,653.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weebler II View Post
For the fans Ward would move up to LH, but he isn't going to. He's going to stay at 168 so who is he supposed to fight?
Umm...actually,if he stays at SMW,what does it matter? I'm sure he will move up divisions in time.He is still young and early into his career...even if he has already accomplished more in his career than most,he is still young into his career and can move up in weight with time. I believe he is one of those fighters who people will always complain about his opposition because he makes them look ordinary and he is leagues above them.

If he moves up to LHW who should he fight???? Pascal??? Cloud (may as well fight Pavlik-same style)...we all know Hopkins and him are not going to fight as Bernard has said this.Is the LHW division really any deeper than the SMW division that Ward has fairly easily dominated??????
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Chuckguy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Chuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,016,244,598.40
No Message - gancho_al_igado this ones on me - KING MEAT Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
Where was Vitali-Arreola staged?
yeah and how long ago was that
and where were his last few fights and where will his next few be
thank you for playing
Old 11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
jayjames616
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 jayjames616 will become famous soon enoughjayjames616 will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 69,179.99

Kessler doesn't have a choice. He got his a$$ whooped already. He doesnt have ANY leverage.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 PM
damned1974
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 damned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these partsdamned1974 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckguy View Post
I didnt know that Kessler beat both Froch and Dawson!@
thanks for the insight Batt

I guess what Batt is saying is that it was ok for Kessler to fight Froch (the champion) in Denmark,but not ok for Kessler (the champ at the time)to fight Ward in Oakland...odd .Even more hilarious is if he assumed that Kessler would EVER beat Ward.....
Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Chuckguy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Chuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond reputeChuckguy has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - gancho_al_igado this ones on me - KING MEAT Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weebler II View Post
The reason this is an issue is because Ward signed up to a tournament as a non-title holder where every fighter agreed to fight home and away.

He then pulled a fast one and was the only fighter not to fight in his opponent's backyard.
I totally agree with you on that and when he pulled that mikey mouse sh it I was pissed and I called bulll sh it.
but that was then and this is now
now all roads lead to him and he calls the shots
Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Chuckguy
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by damned1974 View Post
I guess what Batt is saying is that it was ok for Kessler to fight Froch (the champion) in Denmark,but not ok for Kessler (the champ at the time)to fight Ward in Oakland...odd .Even more hilarious is if he assumed that Kessler would EVER beat Ward.....
yeh and i agree but that was then this is now.
the euros still crying over spilt milk
I got over the az kicking that Lewis handed tyson
come on man
Old 11-15-2012, 05:49 PM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 MJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,548,348,194,030.29
Total Points: 8,554,348,268,813.33
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 Thanks MJ much appreciated - -Pull ma Finga- &quot;I see you pimp&quot; made me :lol1: - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

At this point its too many miles on Kessler to be any more effective then he was the 1st time imo......
Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM
turnedup
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 turnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond reputeturnedup has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,737,628,252.23
Total Points: 12,687,576,485.30
Use this as a tampon, buddy.  Stop crying. - ShoulderRoll great sig quote. - LoadedWraps for being a cool dude - Sugar Booger Great poster. - UTEP 

Ward needs to step out of his comfort zone or end up like Martinez..spectacular fighter with limited star power. It's time for wards folks to really put him on some bigger stages and they'd love him in europe so why not? Plus with the conversion rates being what they are..fighting in europe is where the money is at right now.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 63 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,258,013,754.56
Total Points: 50,156,595,961,941.51
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by damned1974 View Post
Umm...actually,if he stays at SMW,what does it matter? I'm sure he will move up divisions in time.He is still young and early into his career...even if he has already accomplished more in his career than most,he is still young into his career and can move up in weight with time. I believe he is one of those fighters who people will always complain about his opposition because he makes them look ordinary and he is leagues above them.

If he moves up to LHW who should he fight???? Pascal??? Cloud (may as well fight Pavlik-same style)...we all know Hopkins and him are not going to fight as Bernard has said this.Is the LHW division really any deeper than the SMW division that Ward has fairly easily dominated??????
Answer the question, if he stays at 168 (probable), who is he supposed to fight?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 PM
damned1974
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckguy View Post
yeh and i agree but that was then this is now.
the euros still crying over spilt milk
I got over the az kicking that Lewis handed tyson
come on man
I just find it hard to complain about Kessler giving Ward a shot at his own belt in Ward's backyard when Kessler himself ended up getting that same type of opportunity from Froch (the former WBC champ) in Kessler's backyard.

I would have sort of liked to see Ward have a fight in Europe,but would it have resulted any differently? Nope,probably not unless their was some Ottke type officiating.
At any rate,it was a better career move for him to stay in the States and let the likes of Showtime and HBO get a good feel and exposure from Ward. In America,there are people not native to the States who flourish (think of guys like Chavez, Pacquiao, Martinez,etc) and they have no problem wanting to seek fame from the giants like HBO in America...yet for Kessler and his fans it seems to be some issue and reason to complain.