Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 AM
vacon04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,186,858,136,906.55
Total Points: 1,187,859,157,313.81
i ran out of green to give, but have a gift. you're a very good poster from what i've seen. - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
I think you are underestimating Demarco's chin, it wont be that easy to stop him. He seen the 9th round against Valero who had a 100% KO ratio and was landing multiple head and body shot combo's. Hes one of the more durable in the sport. This is his first real test after he won the title and its against a nearly 6'0 fighter with skill, will, power, and chin who's going to be in his chest.
And he still wasn't taken down, the corner decided to stop the fight, even though he was receiving brutal punishment from a guy who was stronger than Broner.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-17-2012, 05:51 AM
vacon04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,186,858,136,906.55
Total Points: 1,187,859,157,313.81
i ran out of green to give, but have a gift. you're a very good poster from what i've seen. - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest Andretti View Post
That's what you pulled from my post? DeMarco is a few levels below Angulo and Margarito. So no I don't think they are good fighters.

They are average fighters with a lot of balls and heart but not much else. Although DeMarco was scared shytless against Valero. Angulo and Marg have balls.
Scared shitless? He took massive punishment from Valero for 9 rounds and still wouldn't go down, a scared shitless fighter wouldn't have been able to do that.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:47 AM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 87 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 78,900,436,859,052.94
Total Points: 80,903,602,338,060.52
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Broner actually got a glass chin.

This is what's wrong with the prospects of today. Not one of them are in their chin primes yet and most of them will never reach their chin primes.

A lot of these chins are just waiting to be exposed and it's actually quite obvious these guys all have major issues in regards to punch resistence.

Broner is part of a giant group of stars that have chins that could be exposed

Included but is not limited to:
David Price
Detontay Wilder
Gennady Golevkin
Andre Dirrell
Sadly Andre Ward
Tyson Fury
Kubrat Puluv

all these guys+Broner have suspect chins. It is what it is.
The only guy from this list which I am confident will never be exposed is Andre Ward. His amazing abilities will cover up for his weak chin.

Guys like Price and Golevkin is gonna implode the moment they get hit. It's going to be funny too watching all their butt hurt fan boys E-Rage lol.
I agree with most of that list but confused on Golovkin. Is there a fight I missed?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Priest Andretti
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Priest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond reputePriest Andretti has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 768,759,867.64
Total Points: 770,873,085.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Broner actually got a glass chin.

This is what's wrong with the prospects of today. Not one of them are in their chin primes yet and most of them will never reach their chin primes.

A lot of these chins are just waiting to be exposed and it's actually quite obvious these guys all have major issues in regards to punch resistence.

Broner is part of a giant group of stars that have chins that could be exposed

Included but is not limited to:
David Price
Detontay Wilder
Gennady Golevkin
Andre Dirrell
Sadly Andre Ward
Tyson Fury
Kubrat Puluv

all these guys+Broner have suspect chins. It is what it is.
The only guy from this list which I am confident will never be exposed is Andre Ward. His amazing abilities will cover up for his weak chin.

Guys like Price and Golevkin is gonna implode the moment they get hit. It's going to be funny too watching all their butt hurt fan boys E-Rage lol.
I don't know about GGG or Ward to an extent. But you forgot Gamboa. He will get ktfo soon.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:57 AM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 213 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,755,584,169,322,344.00
Total Points: 14,755,584,169,324,068.00
why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? 
to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC 
Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. for swift payment on epoints bet! - jas No Message - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE REED™ View Post
I see the emulation... but how effective is he really with it.

It's one thing to emulate, act like... and it's another to have complete anticipation and reading comprehension like Floyd.

I see Broner standing in the stance, putting his gloves where they "should go"... but when the punches come flying in... he doesn't look comfortable, and he doesn't look like he knows exactly where and how to move with the punches.

He DOES have defense, but I think he tries to make it look more effective than it may actually be.

Demarcos win over Jorge really opened my eyes to, if nothing else, his pure determination and grit... that even though he can be getting his ears boxed off.. he's not going to stop coming, or even more importantly... his ability to punch when the opponent punches, which can really throw off a slick fighter.

What are your thoughts?
Well Reed, I disagree with you. He doesn't look uncomfortable to me, he just doesn't look as smooth as Floyd. That's what you are used to seeing, so anyone that tries his moves is going to look awkward. Broners defense is alright, but he's no Floyd Mayweather. I think his offense helps his defense. I think he will do good tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised if the fight is tough at times.