Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Do you think we will see a "cashless" society in our lifetime?
Digital money take over and make cash obsolete in our lifetime. 12 60.00%
There will always be cash and no mandatory digital money. 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2012, 06:06 PM
One_Tycoon
Property Rights

Rep Power: 12 One_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,149,855,529.72
I'm also counting down the days :fing02: - jose830 Thanks - Enayze 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

No...just no. Not only should we not head towards a 'cashless' society, but we should head backwards into a Gold standard society.

This is unacceptable. Then how would one be able to hide money (getaway money?). I hoard cash. If my assets & accounts are frozen by the govt. I can use the cash that I stashed away or buried in the backyard. This wouldn't be possible anymore.

Also lets talk about what money is. IN a free market, the people determine what's valuable as a intermediary exchange for goods. It can be salt, it can be sugar, it can be gold/silver. The people chose Gold as a valuable exchange for centuries instead of bartering the chicken for the cow. Or giving away the Cow for services from a Doctor. We don't have this anymore with the current, paper money system where the Govt put artificial value on their paper. And now you wanna go even a step further with digital money....where simple numbers are being shuffled around on the net?? This may be a good thing for boxingscene points system, but that's it.

I guess the hackers would win in this as they can simply create digital money out of thin air, instead of having to counterfeit the paper. Just stop this progressive nonsense, embrace Capitalism and go do something with your life.

Last edited by One_Tycoon; 11-14-2012 at 06:09 PM..
Old 11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
One_Tycoon
Property Rights

Rep Power: 12 One_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Tycoon has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,000,149,855,529.72
I'm also counting down the days :fing02: - jose830 Thanks - Enayze 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Mongo View Post
Good questions

My guess is there would be some kind of mobile device you describe.

You would shoot the broad $$$ as you would your friend digitally through the banking app.

If you were hacked all transactions could be reversed because it is all done digitally. It is not like someone running off with cash which would never be seen again. My guess is for security reasons they would want the device closely linked to high security ID (DNA Iris Recognition,finger prints the kind of thing they use at airports already)That way if you went to the Police and said your banking ap was lost/stolen they could check that you are who you say you are reverse the theft transactions and issue a new ap and reinstate your digital account.
This is good for securing play money on the internet, but not actual money of value. This would basically be "E-points". E- points have no value unless it is backed up by something valuable. Paper money used to be backed by Gold. What would 'digital money' be backed by? Nothing? Just unlimited amount of e-points that buy you commoditie?.

The Free Market wouldn't allow this and the Govt. couldn't force people to operate under this system. E-points have no value besides the govt saying it has value. Inflation would skyrocket. The Free Market would turn into a Black Market. A huge underground economy would be created where people would make a up a new currency of sorts, to use as exchange.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Enayze
Boss

Rep Power: 30 Enayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,211,285,749,308.29
Total Points: 11,211,346,128,079.65
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney Happy 2k! - J. HITTER Keep educating and preaching the truth of God's word.  God bless you brother. - Rip Chudd :) - MANIAC310 You punked the shiit out of The Bringer lol - bearman3000 
Amazing Post! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579168&page=2 - jose830 fiat money for pwning the capitalist and keeping up with Schiff. - One_Capitalist 

He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or[f] the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666. (Revelation 13:16-18)
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 212 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.26
Total Points: 2,140,326,030,634.19
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

This is the subject of a story I am currently writing. The story is not about the people who have this cashless society. It's about the people who do not have access to it.

Also there are murders.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Enayze
Boss

Rep Power: 30 Enayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,211,285,749,308.29
Total Points: 11,211,346,128,079.65
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney Happy 2k! - J. HITTER Keep educating and preaching the truth of God's word.  God bless you brother. - Rip Chudd :) - MANIAC310 You punked the shiit out of The Bringer lol - bearman3000 
Amazing Post! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579168&page=2 - jose830 fiat money for pwning the capitalist and keeping up with Schiff. - One_Capitalist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
This is the subject of a story I am currently writing. The story is not about the people who have this cashless society. It's about the people who do not have access to it.

Also there are murders.
How long is your story, and once you are finished would you be so kind as to forward to me so I can read it?

PS. Are the people in your story actually aiming to join the cashless society but are not granted access to it?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Spray_resistant
Probably Top 10 In my Era

Rep Power: 107 Spray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond reputeSpray_resistant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,454,867,006.30
Total Points: 6,030,611,459,123.67
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest for you and vanity to use - Hi-Dro 
Whoreville Appreciation Award - Jack Napier for a friend - xi! one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays to you are your gorgeous missus. x x x - *Boss Lady* Happy New Year - Freedom. 
No Message - Tha_Greatest Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy holidays bro! - led* valuable addition to the training forum - jas 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Kev- 
Send a message via AIM to Spray_resistant

Pretty sure its headed there.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 212 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enayze View Post
How long is your story, and once you are finished would you be so kind as to forward to me so I can read it?

PS. Are the people in your story actually aiming to join the cashless society but are not granted access to it?
Some of them are. It should be 50,000 words or so when I'm done with it, but that'll be a first draft.

Oh and there are some Revelation obsessed Evangelicals in the story. They're good guys. Of sorts.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 46 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,776,015,496,975,144.00
Total Points: 24,876,015,496,986,520.00
Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Mannie Phresh 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 
No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery 
No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- Mannie Phresh is a G - Mike D 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
Some of them are. It should be 50,000 words or so when I'm done with it, but that'll be a first draft.

Oh and there are some Revelation obsessed Evangelicals in the story. They're good guys. Of sorts.
Your the smug lib that is saved by "hillbillys" when the world falls apart. You realize that, don't you?
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
Your the smug lib that is saved by "hillbillys" when the world falls apart. You realize that, don't you?
If the world were to truly fall apart then there would be no preventing literally billions of deaths. Once society falls apart then we reach a situation in which we can no longer support such a massive population and people would die in a massive global famine. No amount of hillbillies will be able to save the population.

The disaster wouldn't end the human race. The breakdown of society would end it.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Prince Mongo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,076,462.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spray_resistant View Post
Pretty sure its headed there.
Judging from the poll it seems a lot agree with you.