|Boxing Champions | Boxing Schedule | Boxing Video | Boxing History | Pound For Pound | Lounge | The Wire | Audio | Arcade|
Big Bad Booty Daddy
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Rep Power: 200000
Total Points: 2,502,073,030,859.87
Comments Thread For: Dear Santa: Just a Few Things on My Boxing List
By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Here in Southwest Florida, I saw Santa ride by on a Harley the other day.
I know it was him because he had a red hat and a red jacket, and I gather that my 4-year-old son recognized him, too, because he was instantly compelled to react quicker and smile wider while handling items on his check-marked to-do list over the subsequent couple of hours.
Of course, as happy as I was for the impact it made on my perpetually industrious little man, I was a tad disappointed I didn't flag the old guy down for a couple seconds to give him my own laundry list of requests for this year's imminent holiday season.
Alongside the requisite Lyle wishes for world peace, financial stability and a championship for one of my long-suffering sports teams – though at this point I’d settle for just having a hockey season – I’d have also tossed out a few top-of-head requests that pertain to boxing.
Take a look… and let me know if any of mine match any of yours.
Another year with the legends. When Joe Frazier died last November and Angelo Dundee passed in February, it was a clear reminder that the generation of boxers and luminaries who were on top when I first came to the sport weren’t going to be around forever. It hit home again a couple weeks back when Emanuel Steward – whose first big-stage charge, Thomas Hearns, is my all-time favorite – was the latest to go. In fact, were it not for positive teacher feedback on a composition I wrote on the Hitman as a seventh-grader, I’d likely have not chosen writing as a professional vocation. My request to Mr. Claus now is that my other similarly-aged heroes – Muhammad Ali, for example – be given an extra few decades to make up for the others’ too-soon departures. [Click Here To Read More]
all I want from your fake ass is PEACE....I want the typical peasants on here to leave me the hell alone and let me post my ish in peace....its hard for a introvert these days...extroverts be coming at our necks....give me peace Santa....and a few good scraps would be nice as well...pay what you owe fat man.....Season greetings
Join Date: Sep 2008
Rep Power: 6
Total Points: 56,841.45
I would like the following for Christmas:
* Gennady Golovkin vs Sergio Martinez/Andre Ward
* Manny Pacaquaio vs Floyd Mayweather and both of them retire.
* Wladimir vs. Vitali
* Andre Ward to fight outside of Oakland
* For Bernard Hopkins to retire.
* For Chad Dawson to be banned from televised fights ever again.
* For boxing fans and experts to recognize that Chad Dawson, while skilled, is vastly overrated, lacks heart, and just isn't really that good a fighter.
* For boxing fans and experts to recognize and publicly admit that Chavez Jr. is nothing more than a glorified, untalented, undedicated club fighter who would never have gotten the opportunities he has thus far without the name Chavez.
* For the proposed Martinez/Chavez rematch to NEVER take place. What a farce.
* For an exciting young heavyweight to emerge with skill, power, and the ability to be a threat to Klitschko.
* For there to be more "Fight Game With Jim Lampley" episodes. This show should air every week and be an hour long.
* For high profile fighters to fight more than twice or thrice a year.
* For there to be fewer and more affordable PPV's.
* For there to be double and triple main event championship fights on a PPV's.
* For Friday Night Fights on ESPN to become year round uninterrupted programing.
* For boxing to wipe the name David Haye from the history books and ignore everything he does moving forward.
* For all the blubbery out of shape heavyweight contenders to get in shape and drop down to Cruiserweight.
* For HBO, Showtime, ESPN, and Epix to only put on TV those boxers who have both skill and power. Pure boxers with low KO %'s are awful to watch.
* For a high profile voice in the boxing community to get a weekly show on TV or online that talking nothing but boxing.
* More fights every week.
* For a national boxing committee to be set up that does away with promoters and politics.
* For said committee to create a rule that forces the best to fight the best and then fines and suspends them for one year when they duck the best guys in their division for any reason.
* For more unification bouts to take place.
* One undisputed champion per weight class.
* Competent and uncorrupted judging.