Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,237,501.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Britain invented modern boxing so I would imagine it was pretty popular there?

In any case the popularity and rich history of heavyweight boxing in the US can't be denied. The question is why the steep dropoff all of a sudden, seemingly out of the blue?
It started the exact year Lewis became champ. And what's that? It came followed by two Ukrainians? So wait, the country that is well known for not being able to play along with the rest of the world jumped ship after they started getting beat? Bizarre. Wonder what happened.

Imagine if Larry Holmes had been from Kazakhstan and there's your answer in a nut shell.

Last edited by croz; 12-16-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 27 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 260,431,494,032.91
Total Points: 1,370,431,697,291.74
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Britain invented modern boxing so I would imagine it was pretty popular there?

In any case the popularity and rich history of heavyweight boxing in the US can't be denied. The question is why the steep dropoff all of a sudden, seemingly out of the blue?
Yeah when we invented it we were the best in the world at it. Then other bigger countries started doing it and we suddenly werent anymore. Trust me boxing isnt big over here now outside support for a few famous fighters.

see that question im fine with, but just pointing at other sports and saying they took all our stars is pointless without looking at why.

As i posted earlier in this thread the lack of investment in the future (ie am boxing) has hurt boxing in america bad. Other sports invest millions in youth scouting, youth development etc. How much does Arum invest?

And then what about the fact that unless your willing to pay big money you will never get to watch the best fighters in the ring?

The K bros fight on free tv, and eastern europe always invest heavily in Am programs, expect them to keep dominating until you step up your game, but dont be surprised when you step up your game and they can still match you.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Deathknight88
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Deathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these partsDeathknight88 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 100,072,724.97
kick this hateful troll - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post
Yeah when we invented it we were the best in the world at it. Then other bigger countries started doing it and we suddenly werent anymore. Trust me boxing isnt big over here now outside support for a few famous fighters.

see that question im fine with, but just pointing at other sports and saying they took all our stars is pointless without looking at why.

As i posted earlier in this thread the lack of investment in the future (ie am boxing) has hurt boxing in america bad. Other sports invest millions in youth scouting, youth development etc. How much does Arum invest?

And then what about the fact that unless your willing to pay big money you will never get to watch the best fighters in the ring?

The K bros fight on free tv, and eastern europe always invest heavily in Am programs, expect them to keep dominating until you step up your game, but dont be surprised when you step up your game and they can still match you.
The K bros are so over rated it's surreal. Lennox Lewis fought an entire god damn ERA of massive punchers and retired by beating the best version of Vitali.

Vitali's best win= Corrie Sanders (40 year old version)
Wlad's best win= Chris Byrd

I will be very fuking shocked if Wladimir can fend off the line of punchers Lennox did at the SAME STAGE of their respective careers.

In other words.. Pre-Manny Steward Wlad (Purrity,Sanders fight)
vs
Bruno
Tucker
Ruddock
Mccall
etc

2006-2007-2008 Wlad vs
Morrison,Golota, Prime Briggs,Holyfield,Tua,Grant

Wlad and Vitali BOTH look better than they are because of the era.

You know what the Kbros are?
They are SO UNDERRATED they became over rated.

You get what that means? Certain posters feel they are SO underrated by the majority of fans and writers, they start to OVERRATED them
Old 12-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 27 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathknight88 View Post
The K bros are so over rated it's surreal. Lennox Lewis fought an entire god damn ERA of massive punchers and retired by beating the best version of Vitali.

Vitali's best win= Corrie Sanders (40 year old version)
Wlad's best win= Chris Byrd

I will be very fuking shocked if Wladimir can fend off the line of punchers Lennox did at the SAME STAGE of their respective careers.

In other words.. Pre-Manny Steward Wlad (Purrity,Sanders fight)
vs
Bruno
Tucker
Ruddock
Mccall
etc

2006-2007-2008 Wlad vs
Morrison,Golota, Prime Briggs,Holyfield,Tua,Grant

Wlad and Vitali BOTH look better than they are because of the era.

You know what the Kbros are?
They are SO UNDERRATED they became over rated.

You get what that means? Certain posters feel they are SO underrated by the majority of fans and writers, they start to OVERRATED them
thank you for your excellent contribution to this thread on the decline of US heavyweight boxing.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:56 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 95 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 76,924,805,888,548.36
Total Points: 82,927,487,516,312.94
consistently excellent posts that always strike to the heart of the matter - It's Ovah Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 
I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery 
Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

the fact that our best large athletes go to these two sports has nothing to do with the lack of american talent at HW

you're right

how silly.

deontay wilder is not a good boxer. he hardly looks like a fighter. his boxing skills are not what won him a bronze medal, or allowed him to go 26-0 with 26 knockouts. he's a very good athlete. he's huge, fast, and has about as big of a right hand as i'd like to see anybody have to take.

guys like him are a dime a dozen in the NBA
Old 12-17-2012, 12:10 AM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Total Points: 10,000,237,501.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
the fact that our best large athletes go to these two sports has nothing to do with the lack of american talent at HW

you're right

how silly.

deontay wilder is not a good boxer. he hardly looks like a fighter. his boxing skills are not what won him a bronze medal, or allowed him to go 26-0 with 26 knockouts. he's a very good athlete. he's huge, fast, and has about as big of a right hand as i'd like to see anybody have to take.

guys like him are a dime a dozen in the NBA
They may or may not be, but the heavyweight division has been **** long before the NBA even started taking over. Outside certain eras normally they get about three good heavyweights together and call it a wrap. There's no reason to start blaming the NBA and NFL for the poor state of the division when it's been like this on and off from the beginning. Even when HWs weighed 185lbs it was still pretty morbid. As this leading heavyweight contender who floored Joe Louis will tell you.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:33 AM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Rep Power: 42 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 812,688,282,745,476.00
Total Points: 812,688,282,750,253.25
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
There's no reason to start blaming the NBA and NFL for the poor state of the division when it's been like this on and off from the beginning.
We blame the NBA and the NFL for the poor state of the division IN THE UNITED STATES.

It hasn't ever been this bad in the US. If you don't like our explanations then go ahead and offer some alternate theories.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:17 AM
Skittlez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 190,189.25
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

Max Kellerman on his radio show yesterday said that
'Lebron is 275 with ZERO fat and all muscles'
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
he could also have the chin of Amir Khan but we dont know because he hasnt boxed before!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 63 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,258,013,754.56
Total Points: 50,156,595,959,497.51
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
it's the same for loads of rugby players, but it would seem very odd to start claiming that is holding the UK heavyweight scene back