No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia on The Barros Win, Facing Salido Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia on The Barros Win, Facing Salido Next

BoxingScene.com caught up with undefeated featherweight contender Mikey Garcia shortly after his 8th round knockout victory over former champion Jonathan Barros. Garcia caught Barros with a vicious left hook that the Argentine was unable to recover from. Garcia said that his brother (and co-trainer) Robert Garcia wanted him to throw the hook more.

[Click Here To Read More]

Salido won't be waiting around to attack. He has enough of a subtle defense and a good offense to give Mikey a lot of trouble. Mikey gets hit with right hands at times and Salido thows that punch in a few different ways
    Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 11-12-2012, 02:12 PM.

Comment

For every Garcia fight I see the opponent letting him get comfortably, I wanna see how he does against a beast like Salido. Barros was attacking but he did not have enough punching power.

Comment

Garcia wins if he can keep at a distance. If Salido can make it a inside fight he wins. People forget that Guerrero had all the advantages that Mikey has against Salido and he battered Guerrero in that fight. Guerrero probably didn't have as much power as Garcia at 126 but Guerrero was probably he strongest at that weight.

Comment

this is a fight where i lean for garcia and then i change my mind for salido,i just don't know who will win,it's a 50/50 fight,i have never seen garcia fight going back,lets see how he handles that and another thing about garcia is that he doesn't throw a lot of punches,sometimes he's just standing there in front of you not throwing many punches,guys who are good counterpunchers can get away with it,but he's not like that,there are just things about him i don't like,but its a good,interesting fight,if garcia wins would like to see him give juanma a chance at a title after juanma has one or two fights or if salido wins unify with ponce de leon

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
            Salido won't be waiting around to attack. He has enough of a subtle defense and a good offense to give Mikey a lot of trouble. Mikey gets hit with right hands at times and Salido thows that punch in a few different ways
            I agree with you on this, Mikey hasn't been pressured the way Salido would, Salido has that awkward style, he knows how to get in side and throws from different angles that confuses fighters like he did Lopez in the 2nd fight, he changed it up a bit against Lopez, most people didn't think Salido would be able to do that.
            Last edited by Toltec77; 11-12-2012, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              this is a fight where i lean for garcia and then i change my mind for salido,i just don't know who will win,it's a 50/50 fight,i have never seen garcia fight going back,lets see how he handles that and another thing about garcia is that he doesn't throw a lot of punches,sometimes he's just standing there in front of you not throwing many punches,guys who are good counterpunchers can get away with it,but he's not like that,there are just things about him i don't like,but its a good,interesting fight,if garcia wins would like to see him give juanma a chance at a title after juanma has one or two fights or if salido wins unify with ponce de leon
              very good post I agree that he should still fight Juanma even if he fight's Salido, style match up differently.
              Last edited by Toltec77; 11-12-2012, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                Garcia wins if he can keep at a distance. If Salido can make it a inside fight he wins. People forget that Guerrero had all the advantages that Mikey has against Salido and he battered Guerrero in that fight. Guerrero probably didn't have as much power as Garcia at 126 but Guerrero was probably he strongest at that weight.
                very good pointers, I even think Guerrero is a much better boxer skill wise then mikey, and even if Mikey has that power it won't help him much because just look at how Lopez turner out and he has power and Garcia took him out. Also Salido has a very good chin, he has an awkward style and can change it up a bit combo wise.

Comment

Working...
                X