Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Latino Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 AM
SnakeVen0m
The Voice of Reason

Rep Power: 22 SnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,552,175,402,066.79
Total Points: 2,592,375,507,733.92
just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Philly!!! - Mr. Philadel Team Swift! - Mr. Philadel Just playing bro :fing02: - Rapid Counter Nice HOF Avi pic! - jas 
brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
Default Visited California last month, my thoughts...

My wife is from the San Francisco area and we went in mid October to visit her family in the Sacramento area.

I was born in Puerto Rico but spend most of my life on the east coast and I have to say California was beautiful and different.

I didn't expect it to be so dry though. I think the vegetation and climate are awesome. I could seriously see myself living there if it wasn't so expensive but I also hear people saying the economy isn't doing well either.

My wife's family had beautiful homes. I was surprised at how well kept the roads and everything else was. You don't see that on the East Coast. The weather was perfect too, it only rained once and it was on our last day.

I felt like I was in another country though, the people there were really nice I was surprised by that but then again I wasn't in Los Angeles or anything like that.

I'm definitely planning on going back to visit some more places and just take in the scenery.

Anyone that lives on the west coast ever been surprised when coming to the east coast by anything?
Old 11-26-2012, 11:54 AM
UTEP
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 71 UTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 443,576,743,423,026.62
Total Points: 534,376,753,520,601.81
Happy New Year carnal, que estes bien.. - !! AI-Holmes!! good ass poster - I'm so sorry Thanks for the YouTube posting tip, had to idea haha. - CounterPunching I meant 'no idea', not 'to idea' on the last gift.. - CounterPunching That's one of the hottest bitches I've ever seen! word! - jose830 
el norte beautiful film no doubt - Tha_Greatest No Message - Sake1 :rofl: :rofl: that was funny...salud! - jose830 No Message - chiguy91 GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner 
i watched the Bradley/Marquez video on my lunch, thanks for sharing - jose830 :lol1:@homie g funk... I'm in PR right now so I'll send you a tropical fish - jose830 No Message - Sake1 I'm digging this neon sign gifs - -jose- it's all good homie - -jose- 
thanks for the popcorn...hereI left you some - -jose- Thank you.  Toma una fria!  Cheers bro. - damit305 BANG BANG - sugarsmosley to a true atg poster - jas <3 - Beercules 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

I've always wanted to visit northern Cali, I've been to Anaheim (disney land) it was nice but next spring I really want to go camping up in the Redwoods!!!

Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM
SnakeVen0m
The Voice of Reason

Rep Power: 22 SnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond repute
just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Philly!!! - Mr. Philadel Team Swift! - Mr. Philadel Just playing bro :fing02: - Rapid Counter Nice HOF Avi pic! - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by liraj View Post
I've always wanted to visit northern Cali, I've been to Anaheim (disney land) it was nice but next spring I really want to go camping up in the Redwoods!!!
Yea, beautiful landscape. It surprised me how much variety California has of terrain. It's very hilly too, I love that. I wanted to roll down some of the hills I saw haha

Someday I'd love to visit the redwoods also. The giant sequoias are a sight to see I'm sure. Also visit Lake Tahoe. I heard that place is beautiful too.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:44 AM
thuggery
proper rock slanga'

Rep Power: 53 thuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,874,303,142,969,149.00
Total Points: 6,892,435,143,234,880.00
Thanks.  Let see if this works. - sdcluser Thankyou for your compliment. - Rockin' love & peace - Lotus Flower Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks No Message - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Haha thanks!  Here is a badass looking fish! - UglyPug Thanks man! - WARQUEZ Have a whopper!!!!! - E.P.T. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
A legendary poster in the making. - WARQUEZ 4 some good luck coming your way - Rockin' destroying bandwagoners - .:: JSFD26 ::. already greened you, but props on posting that quote dissing c/w's - chiguy91 welcome back bro........ - bigsmoothh 
For a Toe to Toe poster! - LoadedWraps Good job! - Weltschmerz A brewski for a cool vato - hectari Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 i learned from the best, like you - Kuyukut 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery 

If you head to LA just make sure to stay away from the city "Lawndale" it's really ghetto and ugly. There's bars on all the windows of houses in that area.

Last edited by thuggery; 11-27-2012 at 02:47 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 01:23 PM
SnakeVen0m
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm so sorry
If you head to LA just make sure to stay away from the city "Lawndale" it's really ghetto and ugly. There's bars on all the windows of houses in that area.
Lol I'm used to that here in Philly. that's why I enjoyed Cali. The parts that I went to were clean and well kept. I haven't seen a city as clean as Sacramento. East coast cities are older but not well kept at all. Trash everywhere and burned down boarded up houses. I stayed around Citrus Heights and El Dorado.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 12-01-2012, 01:44 PM
seal
Contender

Rep Power: 0 seal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these partsseal is infamous around these parts
Bank: 39,584.30
Total Points: 42,919.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeVen0m View Post

Anyone that lives on the west coast ever been surprised when coming to the east coast by anything?
I've been living in NYC for 4 years (Queens and Manhattan). First thing I noticed about this place is how irritable many of the people are. I've met lots of good people, but most people just seem pissed.

Last edited by seal; 12-01-2012 at 06:21 PM..
Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 AM
SnakeVen0m
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
I've been living in NYC for 4 years (Queens and Manhattan). First thing I noticed about this place is how irritable many of the people are. I've met lots of good people, but most people just seem pissed.
The East coast is known to have the rudest people in the country. I was surprised when I was in a supermarket in Cali and a lady approached me asking me if I needed help. I feel bad for looking at her like she wanted something from me. I'm not used to having regular customer service haha I'm used to it though, I'm sure have are too by now.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:02 AM
bigsmoothh
El Picoso

Rep Power: 167 bigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond reputebigsmoothh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 132,772,333,183,374.00
Total Points: 134,082,131,524,902.81
gracias carnal - Cleto_Reyes same to you, have a good one! - dj emzz happy new year - xcaret v4 happy new years!!! - $ j-210 $ Have a cold one on me - jazluvr 
Sipersmooth.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Sipersmoothy.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Super smooth. - Round 1 No Message - Round 1 for that mexican comment, mexicano hasta la madre, lol, big ups - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest viva el terrible morales - Tha_Greatest soy puro mexicano - Primera para mi carnal bigsmoothh - Cleto_Reyes thanks for ribbon here have some popcorn my treat! - jose830 
have a fish - MalikKnucklez great poster - Cállate! thx homie - thuggery salud - piojo del norte You deserve this for being a El Terrible fan - hectari 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Round 1 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - bigsmoothh Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - bigsmoothh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - GeorgiaRED Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - GeorgiaRED Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - GeorgiaRED World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - GeorgiaRED 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Cleto_Reyes Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Childhood Cancer - Illangelo Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Illangelo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Illangelo 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Illangelo Gay and Lesbian Pride - Illangelo Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Illangelo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Illangelo 

you should visit houston, its nice here too............