Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,881,885.55
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 
Default Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, and Logic are the FUTURE

As far as mainstream hip hop goes, these are the best emcee's in my eyes that are going to carry the game the next decade or so, that we know of right now.

There's other dope emcee's like Yelawolf and Big KRIT, and even Macklemore, Currensy, and Machine Gun Kelly to a lesser extent, that can spit. But I don't feel Yelawolf and KRIT would ever make it to the point where they can carry the game. Macklemore and MGK can spit, and they have talent, but again I don't feel they have the ability to elevate themselves to carry hip hop. Currensy has some really dope stuff, and some ehhhh stuff for sure, but he's pretty good in my mind. He just won't ever break into that status as the emcee that will carry the game either.

And of course there's others like Mac Miller (who I actually don't mind, he has some decent music in my opinion) and Kid Cudi (who I also don't mind), but they're lyrically not on par with Kendrick, Logic, or J Cole at all, in my honest opinion.

And then there's the Meek Mill, Drake, Wale, Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, and others that are so overrated it's not even funny. Drake actually wouldn't be half bad if he got away from Young Money. On some of his features, he can spit some decent s**t. Wale and Sean are just whack in my opinion. Mill is also highly highly highly overrated. No one should compare Mill to Kendrick at all, it's an insult to Kendrick to be honest. He's not even close to the lyrical level of Kendrick/J Cole/Logic. And Wiz just isn't the same guy he use to be. He'll never get beyond the pop hip hop and talking about the same stuff, and below average punch lines.

Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, and Logic are the future. Anyone else or any other up and coming emcee's that could break into the game and carry it the next few years???

Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 AM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 63 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,215,451,421,698.11
Total Points: 17,216,462,427,174.51
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez "unlike floyd" was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

not only can Krit spit, he produces his own ****. Krit > Everyone you listed.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 AM
Cállate!
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Cállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond reputeCállate! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 499,964,559.31
come @ me bro - Neutral No Message - Tha_Greatest one of our best posters - Freedom. this rounds on me................ - bigsmoothh 

damn i thought kendrick lamar was a NBA player
Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 AM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 63 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,215,451,421,698.11
Total Points: 17,216,462,427,174.51
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez "unlike floyd" was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

"Bums warm theyre weary souls over warm flames. Junkie cant find God watch him find his vein. Preacher walk right by-like he aint see a thang."
Old 11-07-2012, 03:07 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
not only can Krit spit, he produces his own ****. Krit > Everyone you listed.
Can't wait for the KRIT and Yela collaboration album. Two southern emcee's the world slept on this past year. Hopefully they can get the FULL recognition they deserve. I listed them, I just don't think either have the crossover appeal to really carry the game, despite the way they spit and their lyrical ability.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
-Kev-
Banned

Rep Power: 0 -Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,866,137,864,407.91
Total Points: 24,866,137,976,205.80
fresh one, for a smoothy! - negged thx m8! heres another good fruit for your smoothy - negged Here's for the 15K bro. - led* One more. Just don't tell your mom. - led* Early birthday shout. Have a great one, bro. - Libido Sanchez 
Best of the best - BoxingGenius27 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- 
mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily 
Lol @ image. - FeFist Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- <3 u bro - sugarsmosley 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - aye, cunts AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian 

The future is depressing.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
The future is depressing.
Your opinion, but who do you like???

Kendrick, J Cole, Logic, KRIT, and Yela are all dope man. It's not like that Wale, Rick Ross, Wiz, Wayne crap.

Listen to Young Sinatra III and tell me that white boy can't spit. Or listen to Keisha's Song and tell me Kendrick doesn't rap about real issues and make great music with meaning. And J Cole, while I don't think he's as good as Kendrick or Logic, is lyrical and actually spits about meaningful s**t. I know you're a fan of Cassidy, so I don't know how you can say Kendrick, Cole, and Logic are depressing. Cassidy had one hot album like 8 years ago, and is getting more attention now because of the Meek Mill thing. But Meek Mill himself is weak. And when Cassidy came into the game, there was a lot of hype around him back in the mid 00's and he really didn't deliver man. Cassidy ain't THAT good.

Last edited by 4Corners; 11-07-2012 at 12:08 PM..
Old 11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
-Kev-
Banned

Rep Power: 0 -Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute-Kev- has a reputation beyond repute
fresh one, for a smoothy! - negged thx m8! heres another good fruit for your smoothy - negged Here's for the 15K bro. - led* One more. Just don't tell your mom. - led* Early birthday shout. Have a great one, bro. - Libido Sanchez 
Best of the best - BoxingGenius27 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays -Kev- - !! AI-Holmes!! Merry Christmas Kev. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw B-day - -Mustang- 
mighty parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Kristen Kreuk will jump out of this cake - Jack Napier happy birthday. - Terrel Have a great one - led* Happy New Year sweetheart! - Lorily 
Lol @ image. - FeFist Long Island Iced Tea! - Dorian Parallelogram - Spray_resistant lol - -jose- <3 u bro - sugarsmosley 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -Kev- 
Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Dorian 

Before I give my take on a rapper, I listen to their stuff. I listen to the songs that are considered their best. When I said they suck, it's cause I already listened to them.

It's like The Twilight Zone hearing people call these rappers good or the future or whatever.

Krit is alright. The rest, blegh.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
-Kev-
Banned

J.Cole: OMG great, you should listen to him, he's mad nice, he's a beast, he's gonna take over.

Listened to his album Sideline Story when it came out, apart from like 3 songs, the album sounded like it was dedicated to a girl/girls of his life and just girl problems in general.

Sad part is, he is the best lyrically of the one's you've mentioned. Krit has the best content IMO.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
J.Cole: OMG great, you should listen to him, he's mad nice, he's a beast, he's gonna take over.

Listened to his album Sideline Story when it came out, apart from like 3 songs, the album sounded like it was dedicated to a girl/girls of his life and just girl problems in general.

Sad part is, he is the best lyrically of the one's you've mentioned. Krit has the best content IMO.
You desperately need to listen to more Kendrick Lamar. And you should download Logic's 3 mixtapes. Lyrically, i'll take kendrick and logic over cole. Go listen to growing pains, 30000, can I love, etc. These 3 are better than Cassidy, Meek Mill, and Currensy. Currensy has dope stuff but he has some really whack stuff too.