Nathan cleverly - Page 2 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Global Boxing Scene

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 08:07 AM #11
Cloud Cloud is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Streets of Pyongyang
Age: 24
Posts: 2,326
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Rep Power: 14
Cloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond reputeCloud has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 5,065,821.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,065,821.77
I like ur avatar - zab191 For finishing 2nd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation To England - -Weltschmerz- 
Default

Cleverly, Mitchell.. Pair o' pretenders.
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 AM #12
DreamFighter DreamFighter is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,138
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
DreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these parts
Points: 50,023,673.81
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,023,673.81
Default

in his defence though he does have an actual title, so hes ahead of his colleague Joe Cal who was defending a minor title for years (wbo is worth a lot these days, but back in the 90s noone gave a fcuk about it). Yet this works against him, he wont have the option of fighting bums for years like Joe did - he will get better challengers than him.

What he doesnt appear to have is an 'great' attribute to fall back on when he faces an opponent who could outbox him. Joe Cal had his amazing stamina to outslap good opponents that outboxed him (Kess, Reid, old Bhop). But what will Nath do when he gets outclassed? He has nothing to fall back. Cant even wait till the greats get old, he will probably lose to Hopkins until that guy turns 50.

Last edited by DreamFighter; 11-20-2012 at 10:35 AM.
DreamFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:13 AM #13
P4P_No1 P4P_No1 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,172
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,479,460.64
Bank: 3,563,452,200.87
Total Points: 13,563,931,661.51
merry christmas - the collector 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFighter View Post
in his defence though he does have an actual title, so hes ahead of his colleague Joe Cal who was defending a minor title for years (wbo is worth a lot these days, but back in the 90s noone gave a fcuk about it). Yet this works against him, he wont have the option of fighting bums for years like Joe did - he will get better challengers than him.

What he doesnt appear to have is an 'great' attribute to fall back on when he faces an opponent who could outbox him. Joe Cal had his amazing stamina to outslap good opponents that outboxed him (Kess, Reid, old Bhop). But what will Nath do when he gets outclassed? He has nothing to fall back. Cant even wait till the greats get old, he will probably lose to Hopkins until that guy turns 50.
that's not "in his defence" lol. The fact Clev has a title (pretty much handed to him) is a disgrace and his list of opponents since "winning" that title is an even bigger disgrace.

I don't even like Calzaghe but christ even his record ****s over Cleverly's. Yes that even includes busting up Manfredo JR
P4P_No1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:27 AM #14
DreamFighter DreamFighter is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,138
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0
DreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these parts
Points: 50,023,673.81
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,023,673.81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
that's not "in his defence" lol. The fact Clev has a title (pretty much handed to him) is a disgrace and his list of opponents since "winning" that title is an even bigger disgrace.

I don't even like Calzaghe but christ even his record ****s over Cleverly's. Yes that even includes busting up Manfredo JR


At least Cal had HOF Eubank on his record early on, Clev has noone yet. Neither of them beat a champion to win their titles.

Clev plumbs new depths. 'At least' the only direction is up for him.
DreamFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:06 AM #15
P4P_No1 P4P_No1 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,172
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,479,460.64
Bank: 3,563,452,200.87
Total Points: 13,563,931,661.51
merry christmas - the collector 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFighter View Post
At least Cal had HOF Eubank on his record early on, Clev has noone yet. Neither of them beat a champion to win their titles.

Clev plumbs new depths. 'At least' the only direction is up for him.

You'd think so.

Then again you'd think that after fighting Karpency he "moved up" and fought the beast Shawn Hawk, I mean dam. Clev getting that work.

Guy's a bum. Christ even Bellew's record ****'s over Cleverly.
P4P_No1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 AM #16
rampant rampant is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 408
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
rampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,610,016,769.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,610,016,769.13
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
You'd think so.

Then again you'd think that after fighting Karpency he "moved up" and fought the beast Shawn Hawk, I mean dam. Clev getting that work.

Guy's a bum. Christ even Bellew's record ****'s over Cleverly.
I fancy Bellew to overtake him, Hearn as his promoter and Froch as a sparring partner Bellew has a bright future.

Clev and Warren.........hmm I'm sure Clev will get there and he's obviously not bothered about having easy fights...Could be another money machine that doesnt really want to fight the best.
rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 AM #17
rampant rampant is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 408
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
rampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,610,016,769.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,610,016,769.13
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 
Default

Was actually just thinking about Cleverly compared to Khan, same age / same fights but look at the opposition Khan has been in against.

No comparison, I know who I'd rather be! Just shows you how different careers pan out.
rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM #18
P4P_No1 P4P_No1 is online now
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,172
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,479,460.64
Bank: 3,563,452,200.87
Total Points: 13,563,931,661.51
merry christmas - the collector 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampant View Post
Was actually just thinking about Cleverly compared to Khan, same age / same fights but look at the opposition Khan has been in against.

No comparison, I know who I'd rather be! Just shows you how different careers pan out.
Don't forget Khan left Warren & Frank didn't want Khan in their with Prescott.

One thing I gotta respect with Khan he does take on some challenges and isn't afraid. I watched the fight with Garcia again the other day and after the first KD or 2nd, I can't remember which, dude was still eating monster shots and coming forward. That kid's got heart.

Shame I can't say the same for Clev.
P4P_No1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:13 PM #19
rampant rampant is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 408
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 8
rampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,610,016,769.13
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,610,016,769.13
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
Don't forget Khan left Warren & Frank didn't want Khan in their with Prescott.

One thing I gotta respect with Khan he does take on some challenges and isn't afraid. I watched the fight with Garcia again the other day and after the first KD or 2nd, I can't remember which, dude was still eating monster shots and coming forward. That kid's got heart.

Shame I can't say the same for Clev.
Exaclty, so If Clev left Warren he would have progressed much faster and we would know exactly where he is, whereas now although he has a belt I wouldnt put him greater than Euro level at the moment.
rampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM #20
Mikel 45 Mikel 45 is offline
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 633
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
Mikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond reputeMikel 45 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 8,798.58
Bank: 654,664,409,919.64
Total Points: 654,664,418,718.22
Default

He beat shawn hank! Come on now, give credit where credit is due.
Mikel 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
cleverly, nathan

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.