Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,064,423.87
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

I trained my son to box from the age of 11yrs till he was 18yrs. During that time he boxed in the J.O. (junior olympic) program and into the Open Class and on his request a few fights as a professional.
Pro boxing was NOT in my plan for him as a boxer because he wasn't a great fighter with above average power! When you don't have the mentality to fight along with your boxing skills and lack power you won'y fare well in boxing without a backer and promoter who could "guide" your career!!! HA!!
I have never seen a father/son combination do well once the pro level advances into the third year and I've known a few besides my own experience. It most times has alot to do with the same "voice" in the ear unless the experince from the voice is extensive!
My son was a very successfull amatuer boxer who compiled a 82-25 record and was a 6 time state champ, 4 time regional champ and 2 time national champ! As a pro he lost a close dcs. to Ray Olivares in a 6 round fight in Olivares hometown. My son had deafeated him twice, once in the J.O. and once in the open. Without that extra power to "take" fights away from the judges the boxer will have a tough time in this game. Thats the way it was and is! I think he finished at 8-4 and was actually stopped twice where as in the amatuers he was stopped once in over one hundred bouts.
Yes dads feel the punches abit more when its your own flesh & blood!! Ray.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 AM
BartBears
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 BartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond reputeBartBears has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 840,270,177,947.17
Total Points: 840,367,960,957.72

In order to be a good fighter one must have as fvcked up relationship with his father as possible. That gives him a killer instinct. Its kind of sad but true.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:40 AM
TheAuthority
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,107,954.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBears View Post
In order to be a good fighter one must have as fvcked up relationship with his father as possible. That gives him a killer instinct. Its kind of sad but true.
That is nonsense mate. Show me some evidence.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:54 AM
Android18
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Android18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond reputeAndroid18 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,000,101,919.37
I want to rape that youtube girl - Fury 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAuthority View Post
That is nonsense mate. Show me some evidence.
floyd mayweather
manny pacquiao
Old 11-06-2012, 10:03 AM
TheAuthority
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,107,954.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android18 View Post
floyd mayweather
manny pacquiao
That is not evidence mate.

If I were to give you names of 2 good fighters who have good relationships with their dad's, would you accept you accept this line of reasoning is flawed?
Old 11-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Light_Speed
SPEED IS POWER

Rep Power: 53 Light_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond reputeLight_Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,468,004,515,629.75
Total Points: 1,714,004,689,455.36
Good poster - dancovboxer can't green you right now, but here's a gift. good poster - chiguy91 smart man - Alx. Thanks for Stream dude much appreciated - Berges For the Pac shooting gun video - Libido Sanchez 
No Message - chiguy91 thanks for posting the matthysse exhibition - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcluser View Post
I would want my kid to get an excellent education and get a high paying job and pay top $$ to watch fight up close live. I wouldn't train him as a boxer.

Boxing might be a hobby when he is an adult.
Off topic but academic achievement and financial success do not ensure happiness. I would want my child to find that thing that makes his life complete. If it's boxing then so be it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochamp View Post
A father training his son has to be one of the hardest job's in the world.
Agreed. The ones who can stomach it are the coldest fathers in the world. They project their own ambitions on to their son and refuse to stop fights even when their son is getting badly hurt, because it's like they're stopping themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf View Post
Shane Mosely's dad was fine with in. Ruined him.
Mosley never took a beating under his dad. He was dominated by Forrest and Winky but it's not like he took a lot of punishment in those fights. His worst beating was against Canelo, when he was trained by Nazim.

Last edited by Light_Speed; 11-06-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:13 AM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,110,428.30

If he punched my son in the balls I would jump in the ring to handle ****...

I would whoop Joel's ass too.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 AM
D-MiZe
Iron lungs

Rep Power: 100 D-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,784,684,430,329.73
Total Points: 44,789,185,597,542.14
'cause it's going to piss pour! - *Boss Lady* for when I am around. ;) - *Boss Lady* Best chat up line in a gift and or message on Boxingscene. - *Boss Lady* Because you are just so charming. &lt;3333 - *Boss Lady* You haven't been around ... batteries are now dead. - *Boss Lady* 
I read your manual, changed the batteries and made a mess. Ooops :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Happy Easter babe :kiss: - Bossy 
25k Posts! :kiss: - Bossy For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Keeping the &quot;Predictorship Challenge&quot; alive. - D4thincarnation The Predictorship Challenge Champion Season 3 - D4thincarnation Happy holidays bro! - led* 
have a safe and Happy New Years bro! :fing02: - jose830 don't get to comfortable with this around your neck, it's going to be taken. - TartanSoldier cause you have janes toney as an avy and cause i cant finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu Some great posts - jas genius predictions! - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GetSumBrah Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Autism - The Scientist Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - siablo14 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - iBreakbeat 
Send a message via MSN to D-MiZe

My son would never experience those things as he'd be too good.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 43 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,596,920,090,010.91
Total Points: 118,148,989,196,856.23
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulf View Post
Shane Mosely's dad was fine with in. Ruined him.
He'd still train his son now if he could.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 AM
paulf
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 paulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond reputepaulf has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,609.69
Total Points: 6,080,651,492.46
you need gifts - TuRoK'em Have a slice - Toney Loc one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. happy birthday - -jose- 
A beer for the bday boy! - led 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Speed View Post
Mosley never took a beating under his dad. He was dominated by Forrest and Winky but it's not like he took a lot of punishment in those fights. His worst beating was against Canelo, when he was trained by Nazim.
Couldn't disagree more. They should have thrown the towel in the first Forrest bout after Vernon landed those massive shots early. Mosley survived but never looked the same again after that fight IMO. It wasnt like Vargas post Trinidad where he had physically lost something, but he was more tentative and never fought like he did pre-Forrest.