Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Why was Cotto able to beat Marg the 2nd time?
Margarito wasn't allowed to plaster up this time 64 39.75%
The beating Pacquiao gave Margarito ruined him 60 37.27%
Cotto learned a lot from the beating Pacquiao gave him 2 1.24%
Pedro Diaz improved Cotto 35 21.74%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 PM
solo20
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 solo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these partssolo20 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 48,249,229,514.55
Total Points: 48,249,245,447.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Liquor View Post
this is a shi t thread. the options look like they were created by a tard
this is why i didn't even vote how the hell can you not have the extra DR that was assigned to the fight as an option or Mosely. He is the one who stop the figth it was a pitty win for Cotto

Last edited by solo20; 11-06-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-06-2012, 12:45 PM
TintaBoricua
I still love Mexico...

Rep Power: 13 TintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond reputeTintaBoricua has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,993,260,480.00
Total Points: 13,050,482,750.23
:boxing: - mellow_mood For consistently solid posting! - The Surgeon For a super poster! - jazluvr No Message - Tha_Greatest Heres to another great night of Boxing - x3_bazooka_x3 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh you out son View Post
Combination of things.

Mosley brutally knocked out Margarito. Marg was a big favorite in that fight, got embarrassed with the handwrap scandal and lost a lot of confidence.

Then Pacquiao put the finishing touches on him, smashing his eye up and hitting him like 500 times.

And finally, Cotto boxed well but I would have liked to see Cotto not go on his back foot so much and try to take Margarito out. But for some reason Cotto just couldn't really hurt Margarito, which makes me think Cotto doesn't have very good power at 154
It's not that big at 154, but then again...this is Margarito we're talking about.

Shane needed 9 rounds and one billion haymakers before he visibly hurt Margarito. Margarito had one of the sickest chins in the sport.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:00 PM
deliveryman
Your token white guy

Rep Power: 32 deliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 66,006,478,791,816.37
Total Points: 66,006,478,831,809.83
Cheers! - Garo Good posts. Keep it up bro. - mitruth Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad You need a present. - Bossy for a super poster - jazluvr 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays deliveryman - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday :beerchug: - jose830 Happy birf day, man. - Sweet Pea 50 
Head and Neck Cancer - The_Executioner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIAC310 View Post
because Pacquiao pretty much ended his career.

Cotto just had to show up

Pacquiao and the doctors won that fight no one else.

The trolls will claim its because "hurr no bricks with plaster,brass knuckles and snake venom, were on his gloves that night "
Nope, just plaster.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 PM
#1Assassin
Euro fighters are best

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,604,326,158.00
Total Points: 13,688,580,686.26
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 

none of the above.

cotto simply fought a bad fight from a strategical standpoint in their first fight and learned from his mistakes in the rematch. the main idea was right all along but he executed poorly in their first fight.

he didnt pace himself and threw too many unnecessary punches in the early rounds and used too much movement. he should move dont get me wrong but use more pivots and sidesteps, smaller movements as oposes to running big circles around the ring and use up his legs. he also didnt go to the body, but he didnt do that for the rematch either.

in the rematch he did a better job controling the pace and saving up energy for the late rounds. he took his time knowing how durable margarito is and didnt wear himself out trying to finish him off early. he also boxed more and didnt get into unnecessary exchanges where margarito could land easy punches.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:27 PM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 107 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 643,964,607,421.76
Total Points: 2,920,964,898,017.80
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Margarito's eye was shut in 2 rounds. That was the biggest difference.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:12 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,186,763,537,931,584.75
Total Points: 1,215,983,654,052,663.75
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Cotto did some better things in the second fight but the main reason is Margarito was shot to pieces.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 PM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,330,577,177,471.87
Total Points: 19,330,577,348,236.61
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

Better footwork on Cotto's part, didn't let Margarito trap him, seemed like he was in better shape.

Cotto's face also didn't look like it went through a meat grinder for what it's worth.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Tha_Greatest
YOU HATE FLOYD TOO

Rep Power: 260 Tha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,624,176,270.84
Total Points: 10,394,272,906.64
A memento of Cotto-Margarito II... - TintaBoricua to my homie - Tulisanto No Message - Tulisanto my nigga - MARKBNLV Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy new year - BoZz fuck tha lakers lol nyahahahahaha - Sifo Dyas A return of a kind gesture. - Unseen Got To Super Man you up to the next level - Unseen Then my task is to do the same LOL - Unseen 
No Message - larryx2012 racist lil fruity ass nigga fujk outta here - Da Problem heres some junk food from your workplace, mcdonalds &quot;i said extra BBQ sauce kid get it right&quot; - Da Problem Drink up mayne, it's on me - Mike D One more nyahahahah!!! - LeeVanCleef 
Sup bro - El Angel BOSS POSTER - Neutral Happy New Year - Freedom. Pretend this is Broners pp and stick it up your ass and enjoy - The Problem Thanks Man! - ELHURACAN58 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Willy Wanker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Willy Wanker Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SWIFT- View Post
calmate wey
kneeguel quitto
Old 11-06-2012, 06:29 PM
HateBoxing
Interim Champion

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,032,949.03

cotto movement/stamina was better. in the first fight he was backing up to the ropes, in the rematch he was circling him. cotto face still looked a complete mess at the end of the fight though
Old 11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,304,138.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TintaBoricua View Post
It's not that big at 154, but then again...this is Margarito we're talking about.

Shane needed 9 rounds and one billion haymakers before he visibly hurt Margarito. Margarito had one of the sickest chins in the sport.
One of my favorite posters......where the hell you been man?