Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Floyds next opponent
Canelo 16 21.33%
Pacquiao 10 13.33%
Martinez 11 14.67%
Berto/Guerrero Winner 38 50.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 AM
jtiger777
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 144,093,075.92
Total Points: 175,991,059.91
Thanks mate here have a beer! - Tamis_Siensya Happy Holidays J! - Lorily Big up Nigel Benn - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatroll View Post
Lets look at some possible options.

Canelo- Highly doubt Floyd fights Canelo. Floyd looked very lackluster against Cotto at 154lb. Floyd takes too many breaks against the ropes, that's something you can't do against Canelo. Floyd doesn't have the power to slow Canelo down. Canelo walks Floyd down and picks him apart. High risk fight, Floyd isn't stupid enough to choose Canelo.

Pacquiao- First it was blood testing, then the split, now Pac's too "desperate". Fight will never happen. Floyd can't afford to lose to the Midget he's been trash talking for the past 3 years. Think of all the ridicule he'd get.

"Floyd ducked Pac for 3 years, when he finally stepped up, the midget ran through him". Floyd won't risk it.

Martinez- After the Chavez destruction, Floyd will avoid Sergio. I'd be absolutely shocked if Floyd fights Sergio, even at 154lb I'd give him full credit.

Berto/Guerrero- This is the most attractive fight for Floyd. He'd be fighting a fighter coming off of a win. High reward/No risk fight. Floyd is #1 p4p at selecting opponents. He knows how to select opponents at the right time.

Mosley- Coming off of KO'ing Margarito. In reality Mosley was shot to peices, long lay-off, and couldn't construct a sentence without slurring. (Much respect to Mosley)

Ortiz- Coming off of beating the undefeated Berto. In reality Berto was overrated and Ortiz was a known quitter, but hey Ortiz was a young hungry lion right?

Cotto- Coming off of Margarito II win. Cotto took two heavy beatings and hasn't fought anybody of relevance while with top rank. (Yuri, Mayorga? One-eye Margarito?)

You see, Floyd definitely knows how to select opponents. My prediction: Floyd fights the Berto/Guerrero winner.
i can see him fighting berto because he came off a win lol sounds like him but we will see... but was this thread really a question or just showing us how u feel about him?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-02-2012, 10:59 AM
House of Stone
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 House of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond reputeHouse of Stone has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,241,410,337.68
Total Points: 234,291,497,767.60
Prospect of the Year! - Barnburner Pretend Its Klitsckos and sit on it... LOL - afiln Kick this keyboard warrior. - Weltschmerz One of Boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 atg poster! - jas 

pac is slowing down something awful but still not enough to make it a 100% safe bet for him so floyd will continue to think up lame ass excuses to avoid that one - "he's not even his own boss, he smells funny i don't like the shape of his beard" or whatever - martinez ??? lol just lol floyd will run like the wind from that - canelo is a little too young and a little too hungry he probably has a 5% chance of pulling an upset so that won't sit well with floyd - i guess its somewhat more likely than the other two but still probably not - of the options there that leaves the winner of berto/guerrero - that would be sellable I guess and should be a fairly handy one for him. Also if kahn gets a win he'd probably look good to floyd too ... sigh
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 AM
QballLobo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 QballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,040,069,705.42

Pac and Martinez are out of the question. Martinez is too dangerous and Pac bc of the beef with Arum/50 Cent.
I would be pleasantly surprised if he took on Canelo. It would be a high risk fight for Floyd as Canelo would be able to pressure him and get some damage in. I would give him major props for giving the young guy a chance to prove himself.
Personally I think we are on our way to seeing a Danny Garcia fight on Cinco De Drinko weekend in 2013.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM
B.U.R.N.E.R
Cowboys Fan

Rep Power: 86 B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond reputeB.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,260,328,068,633.38
Total Points: 5,474,538,540,337.10
No Message - No Ceilings No Message - No Ceilings One that you haven't bought  :lol1: - Fiend F*ck the haters, keep doing your thing man. - S A M U R A I Enjoy it homie. - California Love 
Thanks for the stream. - California Love welcome to fatherhood my dude!! - SekondzOut good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang late congrats on your baby, you will treasure her and god bless you man , that is all - Tha_Greatest Congrats on joining Imdazed's cheerleading squad. - Mr. Copeland 
For still being a trolling coward. - Jim Jeffries Feliz Navidad - El Mustang i like your avatar - zab191 one more - miamike Good post. - FeFist 
quit monkeyin' around bro - cawadoody Merry Christmas Burner. Drink up, relax with your loved ones and smile, because you know you have it good. - deanrw You might need this one day - mesher Good post. - FeFist can watch wshh videos on it :D - thuggery 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - No Ceilings Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - No Ceilings Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - No Ceilings Childhood Cancer - No Ceilings Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - No Ceilings 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - No Ceilings Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - No Ceilings Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - No Ceilings AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - No Ceilings Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - No Ceilings 
Hepatitis C - No Ceilings Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - No Ceilings Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - No Ceilings Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - No Ceilings Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - No Ceilings 
Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - El Cabron Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - PensionKiller Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Top Rank- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Queen_Leia 

Thread bookmarked........
Old 11-02-2012, 11:47 AM
jtiger777
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond reputejtiger777 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 144,093,075.92
Total Points: 175,991,059.91
Thanks mate here have a beer! - Tamis_Siensya Happy Holidays J! - Lorily Big up Nigel Benn - zab191 

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Stone View Post
pac is slowing down something awful but still not enough to make it a 100% safe bet for him so floyd will continue to think up lame ass excuses to avoid that one - "he's not even his own boss, he smells funny i don't like the shape of his beard" or whatever - martinez ??? lol just lol floyd will run like the wind from that - canelo is a little too young and a little too hungry he probably has a 5% chance of pulling an upset so that won't sit well with floyd - i guess its somewhat more likely than the other two but still probably not - of the options there that leaves the winner of berto/guerrero - that would be sellable I guess and should be a fairly handy one for him. Also if kahn gets a win he'd probably look good to floyd too ... sigh
floyd and arums business history is the main reason this fight isnt happening the rest is smoke n mirrors and bullsht to keep people typing long azz comments like this one! these dudes are professional boxers who have been doing this for the majority of their lifes nobody is scared man!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:02 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 40 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,834,490.78
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

He'd get s**t on so bad if he fought Canelo next. You know it, I know it, Floyd knows it. He won't fight him until he does something legit first, like beat Cotto in May.

Sergio, he's a MW still, and it's pretty funny that people expect a guy who's been through 5 weight classes already and started at 130, to fight a fully natural sized MW right now. I know why Sergio is trying to chase the money against smaller fighters, but it doesn't do anything for his legacy. He'd better serve his legacy cleaning out MW or going up to 168 for one fight against Andre Ward. But you know that'll never happen.

For the Spring, I see two options. Manny Pacquiao or the Andre Berto/Robert Guerrero winner. And what's funny is this......the Manny fans will hate on Floyd-Berto/Guerrero, even though the winner of that fight would be one of the Top WW's out there for sure, and a better opponent than Clottey/Margarito/Mosley/Marquez were at the times he fought them, without question. But I'd rather see Floyd and Manny finally get it on in the Spring 2013, and see the Berto/Guerrero winner fight Bradley, and than see Rios fight Marquez.

And when Canelo actually gets a decent or really good win, and then Floyd beats him, I'll definitely bump this thread where people are starting the "Floyd won't fight Canelo" crap.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:05 PM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 40 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,105,834,490.78
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QballLobo View Post
Pac and Martinez are out of the question. Martinez is too dangerous and Pac bc of the beef with Arum/50 Cent.
I would be pleasantly surprised if he took on Canelo. It would be a high risk fight for Floyd as Canelo would be able to pressure him and get some damage in. I would give him major props for giving the young guy a chance to prove himself.
Personally I think we are on our way to seeing a Danny Garcia fight on Cinco De Drinko weekend in 2013.
Canelo's already got Cinco De Mayo weekend on lock it seems. I bet Floyd will fight in either April, June/July, or not until September sadly.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Cgarcia
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Cgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond reputeCgarcia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,304,531,312.02
Total Points: 59,304,550,252.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatroll View Post
Ortiz- Coming off of beating the undefeated Berto. In reality Berto was overrated and Ortiz was a known quitter, but hey Ortiz was a young hungry lion right?
There you go. And Ortiz is nowhere near Canelo's boxing skills.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:56 PM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,038,341,096.16
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Floyd is a blatant cherry picker, yet still somehow manages to fool his fans and even boxing experts into thinking he picks great opponents.

Floyd wants credit for beating a fighter coming off of a win even though hes got 10 losses like Baldomir or 5 losses like SSM.

Should floyd get more credit for beating SSM than Vernon Forest or Miguel Cotto just cos SSM came off of a win over no plaster in gloves Margarito? Its like Floyd is God just cos he beat SSM even though Vernon beat him in his prime.

Floyd is a joke, he said something along the lines of i will fight 5 more times and then retire. But obviously not all against young lions, or dangersous fighters.
Bh can fighter Tarver, Pavlik, JC, Dawson in his twilight years so what is FLoyd smoking?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:00 PM
mathed
Golovkin is the G.O.A.T!

Rep Power: 94 mathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 478,512,258,060,772.88
Total Points: 478,512,258,061,441.06
Bradley Tribe - mathed The Tribe,you already know - Rome-By-Ko STORMTROOPERS - DonMega For Avatar awesomeness - DannYankee09 Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden 
war b-suth - Mike D :beerchug: - -jose- Something in return for the gifts and points and stuff . Thanks again - Respect Power Happy birthday old fart! - DannYankee09 Appreciate it my man! Here's a 40!! Enjoy the schooling Pascal is gonna get! :D - Golovkin 
Enjoy a beer on me :) - Tyler_Durden Another beer for ya bro, to go along with your winnings from tonight's fights! :) - Tyler_Durden Good luck to your fighter. - Augustane No Message - sugarsmosley everyone gifts beer, have some cake for a change - sugarsmosley 
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps War Tribe - Hougigo To a valiant warrior. - DonMega War Tribe!!!!!!!!!!! - Rome-By-Ko Cheers man.been a hot day. - Scott.Weiland. 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mathed Autism - Lorily Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Underboss Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Guerrero/Berto winner at 154..........we all know that will be his choice and the opponent (Guerrero of course once he shuts Berto down) will move up for the payday.