Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Wher do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among ATG heavyweights?
top 5 ATG heavyweight 5 7.69%
top 6-10 8 12.31%
top 11-20 32 49.23%
top 21-30 13 20.00%
not in the top 30 7 10.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-05-2012, 11:45 PM
RichCCFC
46-0

Rep Power: 35 RichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,474,564,864,707.21
Total Points: 13,480,565,310,414.27
ricktastic! - mickey gomez Joe Calzaghe is a great fighter! - Tunney This is Joe Calzaghe. You left this in my ass last night. I washed it good and wanted to give it back to you. - Mizzou Joe Calzaghe - Tunney bluebirds! - Sir TomJones 
Merry Christmas - Flab Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Top 11-20

H2h very difficult to gauge.. think he would beat likes of Jack Johnson and Dempsey who would be above him in rank but may be blown away by heavy hitters with great chins like Foreman.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Skittlez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 182,376.25
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

Wladimir just like Holyfield had more than one 'prime'
Which 'prime' was better? That's up to historians to decide.
Don't believe in the lies about Wlad being prime under Steward. That was his '2nd prime'

Let me break this down for you people:

'Prime' is when a fighter looks his best and when that version could beat the other versions.Lennox Lewis was prime from 95ish to 2000ish. His peak was debatable but that's his prime. In other words.
You can show a random boxing newb.. a Lewis vs Golota fight and a Lewis vs Bruno fight.. and the boxing noob will say 'Ok The Golota version of Lewis was better'.

Mike Tyson:
looked unbeatable from Berbick to Spinks.. His peak was Spinks.

Wladimir's prime is highly controversial. When was his prime? Well

40-1 with a career defining victory over Chris Byrd should = prime?

Chris Byrd was BY FAR his best win. Not even close, not even up for debate. He looked unbeatable from the Chris Byrd win onward heading into Sanders.

In other words.. you show somebody Wlad vs Byrd.. Wlad vs Jameel McCline... and than you show somebody Wlad vs David Haye or Sultan? Most people will say the early 2000's version of Wlad will destroy the Sultan or Haye version of Wlad.

Some of Wlad's biggest wins and BEST performances came in the early 2000's heading into the Sanders fight.

The truth of the matter is Wlad lost during his absolute offensive peak to Sanders.. and than he lost to Brewster.

The Emmanuel Version of Wladimir .. was quite simply a more cautious version.. a '2nd coming' of his prime. but his true peak is when he lost to Sanders.

Last edited by Skittlez; 01-01-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:38 AM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 55 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,150,341,636.78
No Message - Sir TomJones Think of Joe C - Sir TomJones Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. 
you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh 
Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

he's not every high unless you go with fantasy h2h nonsense but that's entirely subjective. i think h2h baldomir would beat leonard and hearns. can't prove me wrong! wlad has a piss poor resume and fought in an era where none of the top guys fought each other. very hard to become great beating bums and unproven fighters. jimmy young is way higher than wlad. he beat ali, foreman, lyle twice, shavers, and norton. oh but he never had 15 title defenses against crap fighters who never even beat anyone ranked! nm!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:16 AM
B-Bomber
Contender

Rep Power: 2 B-Bomber is a jewel in the roughB-Bomber is a jewel in the roughB-Bomber is a jewel in the roughB-Bomber is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 18,293.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by crold1 View Post
Gotta disagree. I think there are some great old champs who could have taken him. That doesn't mean they all could beat him back when. Dempsey would have depended on the era. He'd struggle with the pillow and standing eight rules today. In his day, with small gloves and the ability to pound a guy as soon as his glove was up, Dempsey might win. I think Louis drills him, but he probably beats almost all the same guys Louis did. Maybe someone like Baer (either) or Simon gets him on the way up. The 50s for instance. I don't think Ezz, Walcott, Marciano, Patterson, or Johannson stand a chance. Liston would have but that's the back end of the decade. I also think he could have beat most of the early 80s guys not named Holmes. In the eras where he wouldn't have been king, he would have at least been a formidable contender.
Agreed!

As for his ranking, I think he is just outside the top ten.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:00 PM
2todabody
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,013.89

Not top ten, because of the quality of opposition. With that said, the Klit's are doing exactly what they are supposed to in a weak division..rule it, but as you can see it hurts the legacy alittle.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:20 PM
BigAlexSand
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 BigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,536.11

Early 20's! Many more heavyweight fighter have accomplished much more in their careers.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 102,048,089,331.45
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
Wladimir just like Holyfield had more than one 'prime'
Which 'prime' was better? That's up to historians to decide.
Don't believe in the lies about Wlad being prime under Steward. That was his '2nd prime'

Let me break this down for you people:

'Prime' is when a fighter looks his best and when that version could beat the other versions.Lennox Lewis was prime from 95ish to 2000ish. His peak was debatable but that's his prime. In other words.
You can show a random boxing newb.. a Lewis vs Golota fight and a Lewis vs Bruno fight.. and the boxing noob will say 'Ok The Golota version of Lewis was better'.

Mike Tyson:
looked unbeatable from Berbick to Spinks.. His peak was Spinks.

Wladimir's prime is highly controversial. When was his prime? Well

40-1 with a career defining victory over Chris Byrd should = prime?

Chris Byrd was BY FAR his best win. Not even close, not even up for debate. He looked unbeatable from the Chris Byrd win onward heading into Sanders.

In other words.. you show somebody Wlad vs Byrd.. Wlad vs Jameel McCline... and than you show somebody Wlad vs David Haye or Sultan? Most people will say the early 2000's version of Wlad will destroy the Sultan or Haye version of Wlad.

Some of Wlad's biggest wins and BEST performances came in the early 2000's heading into the Sanders fight.

The truth of the matter is Wlad lost during his absolute offensive peak to Sanders.. and than he lost to Brewster.

The Emmanuel Version of Wladimir .. was quite simply a more cautious version.. a '2nd coming' of his prime. but his true peak is when he lost to Sanders.
Wlad's prime when he lost to Sanders!? Hahahha!
"Offensive prime"! Legendary, hahaha!

You are incredible! Just when I think you can't do it further you come up with the bigger stupidity.

you are not for real? What's your other nickname?

Last edited by Simurgh; 01-01-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:20 PM
IMDAZED
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 79 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,113,662,024,714.46
Total Points: 25,116,827,481,189.39
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

I haven't thought out a definitive top 20 list, but off the top of my head I'd say he's top 15. And he is only now starting to show signs of slowing down. Wlad may dominate for several more years and there's no telling where he ends up. Would be nice if he had a rival but he's literally a giant among men.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:27 PM
LarryXXX
EACH ONE TEACH ONE

Rep Power: 202 LarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond reputeLarryXXX has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 161,004,348,248,350,982,144.00
Total Points: 161,004,348,256,402,309,120.00
Happy New Year Bro, from #TMT - JonoYoungP4P this'll help u feel better - happyman One of the few that actually has Common Sense - blacraven great post othe valentines thread,i already greened you and couldn't do so again - HUGH JASS thanx for the donation - E.P.T. 
you something else man. You generous as hell - MAKING_MONEY positive unbiased posts - thuggery Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios for that kunt between ur legs - Warrios take it like it's floyd - Warrios 
celebrate ur inner fruit - Warrios No Message - WESS A hero of Boxingscene - valero Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 TMT - JonoYoungP4P 
No Message - Scott.Weiland. im dropping benjamins like AB - sugarsmosley u stay up breh - BTL WAR Mayweather! - LoadedWraps To the Mayweather Mafia Don! - LoadedWraps 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - project xxx1 Childhood Cancer - project xxx1 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - project xxx1 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - New England Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jjbj2 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom. Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Ali
Louis
Tunney
Foreman
Fraizer
Holmes
Lewis
Dempsey
Holyfield
Johnson

10 names off the top of my head i rank higher
Old 01-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Skittlez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 182,376.25
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
Wlad's prime when he lost to Sanders!? Hahahha!
"Offensive prime"! Legendary, hahaha!

You are incredible! Just when I think you can't do it further you come up with the bigger stupidity.

you are not for real? What's your other nickname?
Come on .. Be real here. Wladimir's offensive prime was in the early 2000's.. in terms of pure offense he actually regressed big time..

This is common knowledge