Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Wher do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among ATG heavyweights?
top 5 ATG heavyweight 5 7.69%
top 6-10 8 12.31%
top 11-20 32 49.23%
top 21-30 13 20.00%
not in the top 30 7 10.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 102,048,089,043.74
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

I have wlad somewhere 8-12 resume wise and top5 H2H.
He is an amazing fighter and the only thing preventing people to realize that is the weak opposition he is facing. But he did beat some great fighters and the only dark spot on his career is that sanders fight. But this version of wlad is just on the whole different level.

I can't think of a fighter of his size with such speed and power. Haye is extremly fast fighter even for cruiseweight and wlad was able to match that. It's impressive. If he only had a vitali's chin - he would be an absolute beast.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Sage84
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Sage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond reputeSage84 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 515,101,048.68
Total Points: 523,999,318.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
He is an amazing fighter and the only thing preventing people to realize that is the weak opposition he is facing. But he did beat some great fighters and the only dark spot on his career is that sanders fight. But this version of wlad is just on the whole different level.

I can't think of a fighter of his size with such speed and power. Haye is extremly fast fighter even for cruiseweight and wlad was able to match that. It's impressive. If he only had a vitali's chin - he would be an absolute beast.
Name a single 'great fighter' he has beaten?

That's my whole point with Wlad, there haven't been any great fighters around for him to beat, its not his fault of course but beating up bums or B level fighters doesn't make you an ATG. Wlad has never had that defining career fight, that has hurt his legacy and status in my opinion.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Alec900
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 Alec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond reputeAlec900 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,156,770,119,350.75
Total Points: 18,319,069,300,604.81
thanks man!!! - RRICAN 1K posts! - BattlingNelson 1K. Have a treat homey. - mangler Congrats on the 1K playa! - RicDaRula Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Cheers - dan_cov Cheers! - dan_cov 

He has a case of making in bottom end of top 10,but so do many others
Old 11-01-2012, 04:38 PM
TysonBomb
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 TysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 37,358.08
one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Fire and Fear 

He looks good against bums and has one of the worst jaws I've ever seen, not even Amir Khan gets shaken like Wlad does

Couldn't even put away David Haye who had a broken toe and had proven himself to have a weak chin

No ATG heavyweight in his prime gets knocked into a comma by a fat, 38 year old S. African golfer, a bum with 20 losses on his resume or a guy who was blind in one eye

he's a glorified journeyman in any other era
Old 11-01-2012, 04:42 PM
head movement
Banned

Rep Power: 0 head movement will become famous soon enoughhead movement will become famous soon enough
Bank: 10,800,000,000.00
Total Points: 10,888,896,096.84

Quote:

Great fighters?who are these great fighters??now he may have beat some good solid fighters,but i wouldn't call anyone outside of him and his brother great in this era.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:47 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,179,661.14
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post
He looks good against bums and has one of the worst jaws I've ever seen, not even Amir Khan gets shaken like Wlad does

Couldn't even put away David Haye who had a broken toe and had proven himself to have a weak chin

No ATG heavyweight in his prime gets knocked into a comma by a fat, 38 year old S. African golfer, a bum with 20 losses on his resume or a guy who was blind in one eye

he's a glorified journeyman in any other era
Gotta disagree. I think there are some great old champs who could have taken him. That doesn't mean they all could beat him back when. Dempsey would have depended on the era. He'd struggle with the pillow and standing eight rules today. In his day, with small gloves and the ability to pound a guy as soon as his glove was up, Dempsey might win. I think Louis drills him, but he probably beats almost all the same guys Louis did. Maybe someone like Baer (either) or Simon gets him on the way up. The 50s for instance. I don't think Ezz, Walcott, Marciano, Patterson, or Johannson stand a chance. Liston would have but that's the back end of the decade. I also think he could have beat most of the early 80s guys not named Holmes. In the eras where he wouldn't have been king, he would have at least been a formidable contender.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 102,048,089,043.74
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Byrd and Haye are very good fighters among the others. It depends what you have as a reference when you saying someone is great or very good.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Freedom2014
Legendary Warrior

Rep Power: 234 Freedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,146,167,628,947.24
Total Points: 49,146,167,779,330.21
Good poster! - Simurgh Happy New year - PAC-BOY IN exchange for the cake. Happy nu year bro. - led* Happy New Year to you too. Champagne and beer were out of stock, so here's a fish - ddangerous Happy 2013! - Fury 
Commemorating Wladimir's 60th win over Pianeta - valero Cheers Freedom. - A-Wolf Cheers to Wlads next win!! - boxingchef Happy St Paddy's Day :) - Bossy Thank you Bro. You are one of the best posters here as well :) - raskat 
for your prompt payment :beerchug: - jose830 For the Beatle info! - led* Great poster - Dr.Eisenfaust Happy new year - Scott.Weiland. happy new year too bro! - led 
Great poster. - PainfromUkraine elite poster - A-Wolf For your great work and research. - Weltschmerz No Message - Scott.Weiland. Thanks for your support - Weltschmerz 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - toyi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Byrd and Haye are very good fighters among the others. It depends what you have as a reference when you saying someone is great or very good.
True.

There's really no way to know for sure how well some of Wlad's opponents would do against past HWs. I'm sure some of his better opponents like Chambers and Ibragimov would be competitive in past eras.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Ryn0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 Ryn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,913,148,452,058.78
Total Points: 19,913,148,484,110.56
Thanks buddy. -GO KING ARTHUR! - VanesBoxing Thanks for the tips - slicksouthpaw16 Cheers man.  Thanks for the mention. - ABOSWORTH For an awesome poster - Sweet Pea 50 No Message - Sithis 
For the Mayweather boat...LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma I bought ya a pint, you have fulled my nuthugging for calzaghe, thanks :) - GreatJoe 
Childhood Cancer - BatTheMan Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD 

I put top 21-30 but it was an oversight on my part, latter half of the top 20 I'd say. He's above guys like Patterson. But you have Jack Johnson, Liston, Langford, Tunney, Holyfield who probably don't make the top 10 and I'd say Wlad lacks the signature win that a lot of those fighters have as well as a weak era so he's behind them but in front of champions like Johansson, Sharkey and Schmeling.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Ryn0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 30 Ryn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond reputeRyn0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,913,148,452,058.78
Total Points: 19,913,148,484,110.56
Thanks buddy. -GO KING ARTHUR! - VanesBoxing Thanks for the tips - slicksouthpaw16 Cheers man.  Thanks for the mention. - ABOSWORTH For an awesome poster - Sweet Pea 50 No Message - Sithis 
For the Mayweather boat...LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma I bought ya a pint, you have fulled my nuthugging for calzaghe, thanks :) - GreatJoe 
Childhood Cancer - BatTheMan Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - `STEELHEAD 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
True.

There's really no way to know for sure how well some of Wlad's opponents would do against past HWs. I'm sure some of his better opponents like Chambers and Ibragimov would be competitive in past eras.
Chambers and Ibragimov I doubt would be competitive, Ibragimov is too ponderous and his style has always struck me as lazy but you are right in a respect. Guys like Haye, Byrd, Brewster and Thompson would atleast be able to compete in past eras.