Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: WHo has a better chance Against Manny at 154
Canelo 22 57.89%
Cotto 16 42.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 10-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 43 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,848,858,491,811.12
Total Points: 118,400,927,598,937.59
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default @ 154 Who Has A better Chanc Against Manny? Canelo Or Cotto?

An anonymous special ed student said Cotto has a better chance of beating Pac at 154 than Canelo does. Well who do you think has a better chance against pac at 154?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-30-2012, 01:33 PM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,710,253.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Cotto would.

Cotto was actually touching Manny in the first half of the fight but realized he wasn't fighting the right style to defeat Manny. In fact, I think he busted Pac's eardrums and swelled his face as well.

Just like Bradley did, in the 2nd half of the fight, Cotto made adjustments. If he couples his adjustments in the 2nd half of their fight (sticking and moving) with how he was able to touch him in the first half, I think he would do well. Problem with that was he had already took to much punishment from exchanging to much for it to make a difference. The fight was really over after the 2nd knockdown, but because Cotto made adjustments, he was able to last longer. I feel that would give him the better chance.

I pick Cotto because he has experience against Pac.

Whereas with Canelo, I have no idea how he fights southpaws or how he handles tough opposition. We just don't know.

It's Cotto for me.

Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 10-30-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 43 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,848,858,491,811.12
Total Points: 118,400,927,598,937.59
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
Cotto would.

Cotto was actually touching Manny in the first half of the fight but realized he wasn't fighting the right style to defeat Manny. In fact, I think he busted Pac's eardrums and swelled his face as well.

Just like Bradley did, in the 2nd half of the fight, Cotto made adjustments. If he couples his adjustments in the 2nd half of their fight (sticking and moving), I feel that would give him the better chance.

I pick Cotto because he has experience against Pac.

Whereas with Canelo, I have no idea how he fights southpaws or how he handles tough opposition. We just don't know.

It's Cotto for me.
Well its an informed opinion atleast.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,209,436,650,170.81
Total Points: 2,220,036,760,877.32
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

I would have to go with Canelo, he is the natural bigger guy and while both guys have decent boxing skills we saw what Cotto's boxing got him against Manny and I think Canelo throws tighter punches which should help him avoid getting countered somewhat.

Plus there is the whole mental side of it, tough to come back from a beating like Manny gave Cotto and just be able to operate at 100%, Cotto was able to do it against Margarito but Margarito ain't no Pacquiao and there was the whole wrap issue which could have given Cotto confidence there isn't that same sort of issue with Manny that could allow Cotto to just move past that beating. Canelo is a young hungry and confident guy with no such mental hang-ups, it would certainly be his toughest test and Manny might be able to break him but I think it would be easier for Manny to break Cotto a second time than the break a totally new guy.

I think Canelo stands a good chance but it really comes down to me not giving Cotto much of a shot at all against Manny.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:52 PM
oc9979
Bad Intentions

Rep Power: 21 oc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,059,298,549,556.23
Total Points: 1,289,523,397,013.73
sharing tv link - Sir TomJones 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Alfonso Gomez was giving some problem to Canelo in his fight.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:03 PM
B-Bomber
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 B-Bomber is just really niceB-Bomber is just really niceB-Bomber is just really niceB-Bomber is just really niceB-Bomber is just really nice
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 23,370.93

At 154 lbs , Canelo.

Cotto only fought four times at 154, he is smaller than Canelo, and has a shorter reach.

Canelo is bigger and a bit taller. Younger and hungrier.
At 154 he also has more power, and Manny is not as fast as he used to be 2 or 3 years back.

Howeverm I don't think Manny will fight at 154 again.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
JDezi4
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 JDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,193,095.89
STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 

Canelo becuz he's got most skill and brains than Margarito, so he won't get hit as much, will have a much easier time landing, and if he Margarito could stun Pac to the body, Canelo could stop him

I might even favor Canelo in that fight
Old 10-30-2012, 06:41 PM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,954,959,251,984.49
Total Points: 7,964,959,338,673.53
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

I think Canelo has a much better chance to beat Pacquiao than Cotto does. I am a Canelo fan and I hope he gets to fight Cotto next May which might answer this question since Pacquiao won't fight either of them at 154.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:42 PM
devildg
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 devildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond reputedevildg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 214.14
Total Points: 2,075,724.50

Canelo is a better and more dangerous fighter than Cotto at this point in his career
Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 PM
littlemac
Draino-Floyd

Rep Power: 0 littlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these partslittlemac is infamous around these parts
Bank: 21,274,424,049.73
Total Points: 32,276,119,328.37
keep up the NSB noob ownage!!! - Atreyu Khalil pot calling the kettle black - Panginoon your favorite! - Cállate! No Message - Body Movin' Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 

A 100% focues, motivated ,and cramp free Pac destroys Canelo and Cotto on the same night...