Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-26-2012, 02:55 AM
jaded
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,324,947,079,031.55
Total Points: 72,324,961,551,560.69
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Jesus, bro, what kind of equipment are you using? Here's a link to the headstrap I used to use years ago: http://www.ironmind-store.com/A-Head...ductinfo/1232/

The product is more expensive than I recall; but if you're serious, it's worth it. The materials and design are about as comfortable as these contraptions get.
Yeah that does look like it would be comfortable...I use the ones that they have at the gyms. Expensive is right though.

Last edited by jaded; 10-26-2012 at 02:59 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 PM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Rep Power: 42 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 862,431,307,155,761.00
Total Points: 862,431,307,165,624.62
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 

He should just do what Floyd does. No fancy machines needed.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 PM
yuppie
Up and Coming Prospect

Rep Power: 8 yuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond reputeyuppie has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 121,986,704,505.37
Total Points: 122,986,823,684.46

Maybe if he learnt to keep his chin tucked in and keep a tighter guard then...oh, never mind whatever you say Virgil.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Phantomas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Phantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 33,031,459.43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaded View Post
I have have a feeling you have never been hit with a good hook to the side of you head. All your nerves come out through your vertebrates down your body...this is your central nervous system. Sharp sideways pressure on them travels to the nerves. It can send shockwaves through your body. I know because the 1st time I took a good right hook from my sparring partner I felt a wave run down my right arm. I was so mad I wanted to retaliate with the most vicious shot I could take at him...but my right arm was like a wet noodle and hardly moved. Fortunately a second later that wave reversed and I had my arm back.

That was 13 years ago and I immediately started training my neck. Today I have a neck like a bull. A crunch to the vertebrae can cause anything from what I described to a flash knock down...or total loss of your legs and getting KTFO. The only reason you say what you said is because you haven't a clue what you are talking about. But thanks for your explanation all the same.
Your example is kinda wasted since you didnīt get knocked out. Besides
Iīve being hit with huge elbow to the side of the chin playing basket ball once, so hard that I tasted dust coming off my back teeth. I didnīt felt anything like what you are describing and my neck was 100% untrained at that time. Some people can handle brain trauma and sudden acceleration from punches better than others, a stronger neck wont help Khan at all.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
jaded
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomas View Post
Your example is kinda wasted since you didnīt get knocked out. Besides
Iīve being hit with huge elbow to the side of the chin playing basket ball once, so hard that I tasted dust coming off my back teeth. I didnīt felt anything like what you are describing and my neck was 100% untrained at that time. Some people can handle brain trauma and sudden acceleration from punches better than others, a stronger neck wont help Khan at all.
Yeah ok...riveting comparison. I didn't say chin...I said hook to the side of the head (a sideways hit close to the cervical vertebrae). Don't compare a sport with an objective of sinking balls through hoops with one where the objective is punch the other guy in the head.

Last edited by jaded; 10-28-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Phantomas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Phantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond reputePhantomas has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 33,031,459.43

Who is comparing sports lol?. And why do you insist on defending that point?. Khanīs problem isnīt cervical, he just reacts badly when his brain is put in motion by punches... notice that his latest knock down came from a punch to the top of the head.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:11 PM
jaded
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomas View Post
Who is comparing sports lol?. And why do you insist on defending that point?. Khanīs problem isnīt cervical, he just reacts badly when his brain is put in motion by punches... notice that his latest knock down came from a punch to the top of the head.
I never gave any thought to Khan...I don't think much will help him. I'm just talking basics...if you don't think having a stronger neck is going to help a boxer...good for you.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Drunk Punch
In Asian

Rep Power: 20 Drunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond reputeDrunk Punch has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 357,993,749,881.20
Total Points: 378,043,845,069.98
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

Its a mind control device. The guy on the left is transmitting and Khan is receiving.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:08 PM
Southpawology
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Southpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,101,359,826.59
The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps A foot soldier of NSB! - LoadedWraps 

What happend to khans elite 2.0 level neck last night?
Old 04-28-2013, 04:15 PM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,588,069.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 

Khan needs padding inserted in his skull to stop his brain rattling around.