Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 73,729,711,872,671.30
Total Points: 73,729,711,874,586.30
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Steward's track record is to big up whoever he's currently training. I remember Steward bigging up some pug he was training saying he was better than Tommy Hearns. Right Manny.

Poet
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-21-2012, 02:02 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,794,429,039,808.04
Total Points: 13,837,434,159,455.85
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet682006 View Post
Steward's track record is to big up whoever he's currently training. I remember Steward bigging up some pug he was training saying he was better than Tommy Hearns. Right Manny.

Poet

Correct. Stewart also said Lewis was the best heavyweight in history in terms of talent. He also claimed Andy Lee was the next big thing at 160 and got the better of Wlad in sparring. I think it's all hyperbole/BS but some people are selective about what they choose to believe if it benefits a fighter they like.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:04 PM
I Love Jesus!
With a side of Freedom

Rep Power: 17 I Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond reputeI Love Jesus! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,011,097,874.60
wishful thinking.. You're a Floyd lover for life :) - I'm so sorry have a cup of joe - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
Allot of pundits say it was the equalizer. I would say that also, anyone he touched with it would go away or they would not engage and be weary of the right hand. Allot of people proclaim Lennox's Jab to be one of the best in heavyweight history, so good in fact the boxers he fought would be so concerned with the left hand they would forget is was just a ploy to set up the right.

I've watched Lewis's entire career, and his pairing with Steward brought out the best in him. His "killer instinct" in the ring was great also. Even though he has loses all of his loses when avenged by KO or one sided drubbing (in the case of Evander Holyfield though the second bout was closer)

When hurt he could fire it off, and if it landed, the fight was over. If Ernie Shavers was the hardest hitting HW being a 10 lennox's right hand would be an 9 imo coupled with a jab that was a 8 (if Ali's was 10) that's a very decisive and destructive pairing.

Side note: Lennox Lewis hand a devastating inside right Uppercut. At times would catapult his opponents head into the air because of the sheer power and leverage he could gain in such a short range of motion.

Yes top 10 I would go as far as top 3 or 4.
I thought he should have lost to Ray Mercer
Old 10-22-2012, 04:07 AM
yoz
Yoz

Rep Power: 39 yoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 155,524,458,364,800.03
Total Points: 316,632,624,599,069.88
Mayweather vs Cotto: Predictor Champion. - Barnburner ye old good poster egg - Earl Hickey Thank you - codey For quick payment - FkDaHtrs For quick payment - FkDaHtrs 
Happy Christmas amigo - chav Good and objective poster! - Simurgh To put on when you suck the mods' collective cocks! - Arsene Knows Yoz...cool like the other side of the pillow - JAB5239 Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 
Merry Christmas! =] Thanks for the green k too! =] - Tyler_Durden little cunt put me on ignore, lol. - Weltschmerz pretend it's lennox you queer - Weltschmerz kick this faqqot - Weltschmerz thanks man - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Thanks for the tip...lol - jazluvr smear this in your ugly face and suck a fat c0ck, slut - Rammstein 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - FkDaHtrs Childhood Cancer - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
I believe that Emanuel is far more knowledgeable than the guys here.

I really doubt he would state something just to keep his income - for sure it's not hard for him do gain money. Lennox was a hell of puncher but same as Emanuel I believe Wlad is a bigger puncher. Note that Emanuel knows these two fighters better than anybody else.
Looks like you're outnumbered here, bud.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:20 AM
PD21
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 PD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond reputePD21 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,253.58

Manny Stewart also said that Prince Nasseem was one of the greatest ogf all time when he was training him for teh Barrera fight so i think we need to take everything he says with a pinch of salt especially if he is training the fighter at the time
Old 10-22-2012, 05:25 AM
GUEVARA
Banned

Rep Power: 0 GUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond reputeGUEVARA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,076,355,555.85
Total Points: 22,076,421,647.24
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Greater than the klitscko thats for sure.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:34 AM
B-Bomber
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 B-Bomber is just really niceB-Bomber is just really niceB-Bomber is just really niceB-Bomber is just really niceB-Bomber is just really nice
Total Points: 25,308.08

Very solid right hand, and versatile enough, for he could also hurt opponents with his uppercut.

As for the comparison with Wlad. According to Maloney, Price***8217;s right hand KO punch is better than Lennox Lewis'.

People believe what they want to believe.

Last edited by B-Bomber; 10-22-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:50 AM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,038,344,171.02
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresno View Post
Powerful... Stewart says that wlads hits harder then Lewis though.
But couldnt ko Haye? Makes me wonder did Wlad land any punches on haye that night?

But Lennox had great power, when he hit you his opponents didnt seem to be able to last similar to Tyson in his prime. As well as the boxing ability that is why Lennox is right up there.
Suprised when that white eastern european heavyweight took Lennox the distance in Lennoxs heyday
Old 10-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Dirk Diggler UK
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Dirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond reputeDirk Diggler UK has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,299,036,595,340.47
Total Points: 4,320,285,466,528.15
Great find on the Joe C vid where he says he wants RJ and BH. - Johnny Chingas Funny man! - The Surgeon True Boxing Fan - kyshenko team Boring Arsenal - Sir TomJones I enjoy your posts and any fan of the Prince is a friend of mine. What football team do you support? - rorymac 
can't green you right now, but here's a gift. cheers! - chiguy91 Supporter of bisexual London boxers - S~T~J Arsenal Fan - siablo14 Just saw, 20k posts, Congrats!  (no doubt tons of those were tormenting OG lol) :wave: - Bossy No Message - jazluvr 
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Because you're delusional - Boxing Goat Khan's Army - Box-Office Maybe this is bigger than collazo!Enjoy it! - fundicao 
For your mouth. - Scott.Weiland For owning American posters - jas kick this retarded cretin - Rammstein 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simurgh View Post
I believe that Emanuel is far more knowledgeable than the guys here.

I really doubt he would state something just to keep his income - for sure it's not hard for him do gain money. Lennox was a hell of puncher but same as Emanuel I believe Wlad is a bigger puncher. Note that Emanuel knows these two fighters better than anybody else.
Hmmm then you really don't know Emmanuel Steward very well....
Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 AM
UFOlogist
alien-visitation expert

Rep Power: 14 UFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond reputeUFOlogist has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,023,463,143,422.41
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks for green K - Weltschmerz 

I think Lewis' right hand was up there with Foreman's, Shavers', and Tyson's. Funnily enough, his left had wasn't, at least in terms of power. He had a very good jab.