Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#31
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 PM
hectari
Racist Floyd Fans Hate Me
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,972
Rep Power: 5840 hectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond reputehectari has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 9,001,000,395,440.18
Bank: 7,798,239,182,822.37
Total Points: 16,799,239,578,262.56
Great job exposing these idiots - thuggery So you can kiss your favorite boxer's butt - ShoulderRoll pepsi on me... - PAC-BOY A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Cheers brotha :afro: - Opinionated 
Some great posts - jas funny anti-pac and anti-floyd troll - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
Why does whether or not one embraces their "heritage" make any bit of difference?

You're basically saying that the reason donaire is so much a bigger star than viloria that he has billboards and movies in the philippines is that the public realized that viloria was capitalizing on his ethnicity for profit while donaire is genuine. But the facts prove otherwise.

Donaire might have been born in the country but immigrated to the us at 8 yrs old and never returned until after he beat darchinyan. Viloria had actually spent more total time in the philippines with his grandma than donaire.

You say viloria loses brownie points for being hawaiian on the u.s. Olympic team without mentioning his filipino heritage but he beat donaire to get that spot but donaire doesnt losr any brownie points for being american.

Hypocrite much??
How can I be a hypocrite when I basically said neither guy is really embraced? Donaire couldn't even sell out the home depot center in carson california which has a heavy filipino population.

They also hated Donaire because of his feud with his pops.

Viloria is considered a phoney by them though, my Filipino friend told me that Viloria was only trying to cash in on the Pacquiao craze back in 2006, I myself only knew of a few filipinos like lou diamond Philips and Rob Schneider, those were like the only two famous people who were really vocal about being Filipino. Viloria was Hawaiian to me, because its what he claimed, if there was no Manny Pacquiao you still think he would claim Filipino? get real. Pacman basically put the Philippines on the map, nobody knew about them to be honest.
Reply With Quote
hectari is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#32
Old 11-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Pacdbest
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,381
Rep Power: 15 Pacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond reputePacdbest has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 32,000,280,633.22
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 32,000,280,633.22
lol - Makavelli a truly brilliant poster - Jack Napier Muahaha! - dan_cov Godamn!!! nice avi :fing02: - jose830 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
An ongoing issue i've had with filipino sports media is that not too long ago brian viloria was the 2nd biggest filipino star next to manny pacquiao.

But ever since viloria's tainted losses against omar nino and donaire's spectacular ko of darchinyan...nonito donaire has become the new media darling and viloria has never regained his celebrity status despite recapturing a world title. I've asked several members of filipino media the reason for this and the most common response was along the lines of donaire embraces his filipino heritage therefore making more compelling storylines while viloria is more american as evidenced by his competing for the u.s. olympic team as opposed to the philippines.

Everytime I heard this I was like wtf??? How is donaire more filipino than viloria? Because he was born there?? Viloria qualified for the u.s. olympic team by beating donaire. Has actually spent more total hours living in the philippines and has had more fights there than donaire.

Way to jump on a bandwagon and simultaneously be willfully ignorant of members of your own community philippines
Donaire Grew up poor in the Philippines! He still speak the same Language!

Viloria was born in Hawaii, spend the early days in the Philippines but cant speak a Filipino Language!

Truly Donaire's more Filipino than Viloria!

But I'm proud for them both!
Reply With Quote
Pacdbest is online now
#33
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 PM
shadeyfizzle
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,477
Rep Power: 22 shadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond reputeshadeyfizzle has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 55,522,365.03
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,522,365.03
good sportsmanship - jreckoning 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari View Post
How can I be a hypocrite when I basically said neither guy is really embraced? Donaire couldn't even sell out the home depot center in carson california which has a heavy filipino population.

They also hated Donaire because of his feud with his pops.

Viloria is considered a phoney by them though, my Filipino friend told me that Viloria was only trying to cash in on the Pacquiao craze back in 2006, I myself only knew of a few filipinos like lou diamond Philips and Rob Schneider, those were like the only two famous people who were really vocal about being Filipino. Viloria was Hawaiian to me, because its what he claimed, if there was no Manny Pacquiao you still think he would claim Filipino? get real. Pacman basically put the Philippines on the map, nobody knew about them to be honest.
once again..what does claiming heritage have anything to do with anything??? Viloria is a fullblooded filipino regardless. Filipinos have jumped on the coattails of guys like tim lincecum who's only 1/4 filipino and has never openly claimed filipino heritage...just passing references when asked.

So you're saying they're proud of half and quarter filipinos because they claim it while disrgarding full blooded ones as phonies because they dont talk about it. Ok.....
Reply With Quote
shadeyfizzle is offline
#34
Old 11-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Nekeneg
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 120
Rep Power: 5 Nekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond reputeNekeneg has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 18,586.34
Bank: 3,064,552.60
Total Points: 3,083,138.94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
He's had a handful of fights there. What im saying is before he lost to nino(a tainted loss I might add since nino failed his drug test) viloria was right up there with pacquiao in terms of celerity status with tickertape parades, billboards, tv appearances, and such. But ever since he lost he's never come close to regaining the same level of celebrity despite recently unifying while donaire has movies and sponsorships.
How do you even know that? Are you Filipino? Did you live in the Philippines around that time? You talk like what you're saying are facts when really they are just mere assumptions.
Reply With Quote
Nekeneg is offline
#35
Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 PM
givingaim
bathole
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,276
Rep Power: 31 givingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond reputegivingaim has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,009,366,777.55
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,009,366,777.55
thanks for the rep - hectari 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - rorymac 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekeneg View Post
How do you even know that? Are you Filipino? Did you live in the Philippines around that time? You talk like what you're saying are facts when really they are just mere assumptions.
the philippines lives in him not the other way around...
Reply With Quote
givingaim is offline
#36
Old 11-29-2012, 11:59 PM
strykr619
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 581
Rep Power: 5 strykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond reputestrykr619 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 30,851.08
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 30,851.08
Death Row Records!! - LoadedWraps 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
An ongoing issue i've had with filipino sports media is that not too long ago brian viloria was the 2nd biggest filipino star next to manny pacquiao.

But ever since viloria's tainted losses against omar nino and donaire's spectacular ko of darchinyan...nonito donaire has become the new media darling and viloria has never regained his celebrity status despite recapturing a world title. I've asked several members of filipino media the reason for this and the most common response was along the lines of donaire embraces his filipino heritage therefore making more compelling storylines while viloria is more american as evidenced by his competing for the u.s. olympic team as opposed to the philippines.

Everytime I heard this I was like wtf??? How is donaire more filipino than viloria? Because he was born there?? Viloria qualified for the u.s. olympic team by beating donaire. Has actually spent more total hours living in the philippines and has had more fights there than donaire.

Way to jump on a bandwagon and simultaneously be willfully ignorant of members of your own community philippines
Surely because you know what EVERY single one of the over 100 million filipino's think.

I mean never mind the fact that Vilioria is STILL popular in Pinas, but according to the pinoy's YOU know you assume it must be true.

Take a read at this article, this is a much better illustration at WHY pinoy's wrote him off...

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...hernan-marquez
Reply With Quote
strykr619 is offline
#37
Old 11-30-2012, 12:02 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: mindanao
Posts: 35,617
Rep Power: 21555 kadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 28,278,472,566,136.77
Bank: 621,379,295,060,400.62
Total Points: 649,657,767,626,537.38
For keeping my eyes busy in my long wait for gas, Lol! (beautiful Latina's thread) - jose830 UK is a boss plain and simple. - Neutral haha! yeah! gotta love some Uncle Kadyo!! BOSS POSTER - cawadoody For a fellow Zappa fan! - sweetpea87 ran out of green, but here's to the ozawa mention. - chiguy91 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks for being a good generous man - ~BoZz~ Cheers, glad I got one of the best :) Hope you have a good X-mas! - dan_cov Happy holidays Unc! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Merry Christmas to you and yours Kadyo. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wished for - deanrw Happy Holidays brother Kadyo, - !! AI-Holmes!! chur uncle - Capaedia Happy Birthday - jaded raise a glass for carl gauss and james maxwell - Barnburner 
my goodness sorry it was late sir.i hope you had a great day with your family man. - HUGH JASS thx uncle kadyo!! can always count on u 4 support - thuggery Banana for that ass. - robust_ A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HUGH JASS 
Default

I ain't disowning any of them. They a both Americans of Filipino Descent. You take you pick between the two words.
Reply With Quote
kadyo is offline
#38
Old 11-30-2012, 12:06 AM
Wombraider
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 63
Rep Power: 2 Wombraider is on a distinguished road
Points: 8,041.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 8,041.76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
once again..what does claiming heritage have anything to do with anything??? Viloria is a fullblooded filipino regardless. Filipinos have jumped on the coattails of guys like tim lincecum who's only 1/4 filipino and has never openly claimed filipino heritage...just passing references when asked.

So you're saying they're proud of half and quarter filipinos because they claim it while disrgarding full blooded ones as phonies because they dont talk about it. Ok.....
Tim Lincecum?





Oh come on..

He's about as filipino as bangers and mash.

Last edited by Wombraider; 11-30-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Wombraider is offline
#39
Old 11-30-2012, 12:09 AM
cherpotpot
Up and Comer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
Rep Power: 4 cherpotpot is on a distinguished road
Points: 1,930.63
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,930.63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari View Post
How can I be a hypocrite when I basically said neither guy is really embraced? Donaire couldn't even sell out the home depot center in carson california which has a heavy filipino population.

They also hated Donaire because of his feud with his pops.

Viloria is considered a phoney by them though, my Filipino friend told me that Viloria was only trying to cash in on the Pacquiao craze back in 2006, I myself only knew of a few filipinos like lou diamond Philips and Rob Schneider, those were like the only two famous people who were really vocal about being Filipino. Viloria was Hawaiian to me, because its what he claimed, if there was no Manny Pacquiao you still think he would claim Filipino? get real. Pacman basically put the Philippines on the map, nobody knew about them to be honest.
Both Viloria and Donaire are embraced and loved by the Filipinos, if not most. And Philippines is very proud of them for the glory that they gave the country. However, of course, not in the same level as Pacquiao is. Maybe Pacquiao was so much loved by the Filipinos since the time that he was making waves in the US because of his mentality of giving all he got to great lengths as "dying in the ring" in order to make a name for his country. Seconded only by his known generosity to the less fortunate.
Reply With Quote
cherpotpot is offline
#40
Old 11-30-2012, 12:15 AM
dibzvincent143
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Iloilo City, Philippines
Age: 22
Posts: 1,861
Rep Power: 11 dibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond reputedibzvincent143 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 104,100,081.17
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 104,100,081.17
Default

i support both.. filipino's aint hating much on them..
Reply With Quote
dibzvincent143 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
brian, claim, disown, donaire???, filipinos, viloria

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.