Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you remember what your first thought was when you found out about 9/11

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we had a tv in the classroom so we were watching the towers burn as it happened. Everybody was just quiet. I don't remember caring much, I saw disasters on the news all the time and it was nothing new to me. The only difference was it was in America.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I was 23 and on my way to class.

I heard it on the radio and thought it was a bad accident, then when I got to class, the professor told me about the second plane and I thought, "oh ****, something's up".

I remember watching the news and none of the reports could even pronounce "Osama Bin Laden" correctly. Funny how now its a household name.

Comment

I was in my first year of secondary school (or 7th grade for you yanks) didn't care I was happy a whole day of school was going to be dedicated to watching the news. Some girl started tripping and crying because If I remember correctly, they began to say that a plane would crash every 30 minutes. She thought the world was going to end something like word war III or something.

Not American but it felt weird to see the US being so vulnerable.

Comment

I was working as an assistant industrial radiographer a job that requires taking x-rays on pipe welds. When the first plane hit I was in the dark room developing film when my trainer knocked on the door to tell me a plane hit one of the world trade centers. I put up the film and went to go see what was happening on tv. At first I thought it was an accident or maybe the pilot was drunk but then I saw the second plane hit. After that I thought this is it the U.S. is going to war.

Comment

I was recording an album with my band and at the time a few of us were playing desert strike on the sega megadrive they had at the studio, we were all like "some fcuking dumb ass flew into a huge building, what a complete dick"

Then when the second plane hit the building, all the recording stopped and everyone was watching the news for about an hour and the producer was saying "the world will never be the same after this, we are going to war"

We all got back on Desert Strike and did our best impression how we thought the war would unfold

Comment

My first thought??? Go outside and look at it! I was right on Chambers street spending the day at my uncles office. The whole thing seemed unreal and we fled there was dust and chaos everywhere and police and firecrew were evacuating everyone. All you see is people running and crying and screaming. Ive never served in the army or anything but from countless war movies I would equate the feeling to war. Chaos, smoke, dust..........just utter chaos. Me and my uncle just ran till we were about 5 blocks away and stating up in amazement with people screaming and talking to each other and people in shock/confusion. And then when they started going down and the waves of energy that were felt as they fell with the massive dust clouds, me and my uncle ran and didn't look back

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                My first thought??? Go outside and look at it! I was right on Chambers street spending the day at my uncles office. The whole thing seemed unreal and we fled there was dust and chaos everywhere and police and firecrew were evacuating everyone. All you see is people running and crying and screaming. Ive never served in the army or anything but from countless war movies I would equate the feeling to war. Chaos, smoke, dust..........just utter chaos. Me and my uncle just ran till we were about 5 blocks away and stating up in amazement with people screaming and talking to each other and people in shock/confusion. And then when they started going down and the waves of energy that were felt as they fell with the massive dust clouds, me and my uncle ran and didn't look back
                wow! This is awesome though I am sorry that you had to deal with it.

Just imagine, the tragedy...catastrophic event in New York happens over and over in war zones.

Human's are really *****y!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                  wow! This is awesome though I am sorry that you had to deal with it.

Just imagine, the tragedy...catastrophic event in New York happens over and over in war zones.

Human's are really *****y!

It went like this Timothy.....

First plane......everybody runs outside (we were you could say across the street, about a block down) people in shock and standing around as crowds started gathering and people doing a mad f.bucking dash from out the building

Second plane.....whispers and talk of ooooohhhhh s.hit!!! We're under attack and some Chinese guy was like damn this is like pearl harbor. People turned around and stared at him then stared at each other. People then trying to comfort/shelter/help people who were in shock and mass confusion. Mass panic with people flying out windows and you see small silhouettes of people like rag dolls flying down.

Buildings going down.......everyone for themselves MASS F.UCKING CHAOS. people running and screaming everywhere and a massive blanket/cloud of debris/dust moving faster than we were running. In one word

MADNESS

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                    It went like this Timothy.....

First plane......everybody runs outside (we were you could say across the street, about a block down) people in shock and standing around as crowds started gathering and people doing a mad f.bucking dash from out the building

Second plane.....whispers and talk of ooooohhhhh s.hit!!! We're under attack and some Chinese guy was like damn this is like pearl harbor. People turned around and stared at him then stared at each other. People then trying to comfort/shelter/help people who were in shock and mass confusion. Mass panic with people flying out windows and you see small silhouettes of people like rag dolls flying down.

Buildings going down.......everyone for themselves MASS F.UCKING CHAOS. people running and screaming everywhere and a massive blanket/cloud of debris/dust moving faster than we were running. In one word

MADNESS
                    That was chilling!

Comment

turning 15 that time i was watching it on tv with family. its crazy..... tryin to imagine the suffering of all those people inside the airplane and building

Comment

Working...
                      X