Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 10-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Halls of Fame
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Halls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 400,538,084,244.42
When you use it think of me - BMWM3P This color matches your eyes - BMWM3P one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - BMWM3P 
Default Nogueira vs Herman (UFC 153) looked fixed to me. TOTALLY fake

I just watched Nogueira's fight with Dave Herman (UFC 153) and all I saw was Herman not throwing ANY punches the whole fight. The dude was just standing there waiting for Nogueira to hit him or take him down. Are you kidding me??
Is there a single person on this site who wants to tell me Herman actually tried to win this fight?? If yes, let me know and explain it to me.
Clearly Herman was told to take a dive. Not saying the exact end of the fight was choreographed, but Herman didn't try AT ALL to win. That sh*t looked fixed to me. Not that I care really, I' m just saying.
UFC giving Nogueira a win after his injury in his homeland Brazil.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 77 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 92,401,586,047,334.23
Total Points: 92,401,586,076,235.48
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

The fight was absolutely not fixed.

What you saw was something similar to what a guy does to land a big fish. Herman had nothing to offer, and Nogueira had more talent in his left pinky toe, so Herman's only recourse was to try to be finished less quickly. Nog. was better on the feet and on the ground, and he eventually got his stoppage.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:39 AM
Halls of Fame
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Halls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond reputeHalls of Fame has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 400,538,084,244.42
When you use it think of me - BMWM3P This color matches your eyes - BMWM3P one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - BMWM3P 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
The fight was absolutely not fixed.

What you saw was something similar to what a guy does to land a big fish. Herman had nothing to offer, and Nogueira had more talent in his left pinky toe, so Herman's only recourse was to try to be finished less quickly. Nog. was better on the feet and on the ground, and he eventually got his stoppage.
no.
Herman didnt throw anything even though Nogueira was just standing their wide open.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 77 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halls of Fame View Post
no.
Herman didnt throw anything even though Nogueira was just standing their wide open.
The reason is that every time he tried to throw Nogueria would box his socks off.

Like I said, Nogueria was better on the feet and on the ground. Speed kills, and Nogueria is also a good boxer. The guy simply had nothing he could do better. What that fight was is a demonstration of superior technique winning out.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:11 AM
Last Tribe
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 Last Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond reputeLast Tribe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 936,624,701.63
Total Points: 936,643,014.54
Food - Last Tribe 

You know Dana pays some backstage dirty money who help the UFC. Herman helped an aging hero look good in his home country, Dana will reward him.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Tribe View Post
You know Dana pays some backstage dirty money who help the UFC. Herman helped an aging hero look good in his home country, Dana will reward him.
That guy could never beat Nog. An aging hero showed he still has something left, and he also showed the superiority of technique over brawn.

You guys sort of sound ridiculous.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:40 AM
elgranluchadore
i did it

Rep Power: 8 elgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond reputeelgranluchadore has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 992,170,995.62
Total Points: 21,492,213,627.38

if u compare herman performance vs struve against this one the difference is day and night, there was no aggresion from herman none at all
If Herman doesnt get cut then i say this was fixed, because he should be cut after 3 losses in a row specially with a performance like tonight
Old 10-15-2012, 02:24 AM
KingOne
Up and Comer

Bank: 389,948,982.94
Total Points: 390,461,201.44

you can't be serious, are you?

that's pathetic guys
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM
*Boss*
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 *Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 38,201,104.93
Enjoy the fight, you're an excellent poster! - dancovboxer 

I dont want to say the fight was fixed , but there was something odd with Herman. There were moments he was just standing there doing nothing and smiling. Did he even throw a punch ? I dunno man , something was " bizarre " about this fight.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:06 PM
BKM-2010
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,156,136,561.44
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian have a slice, u earned it - sugarsmosley 

Sometimes people forget how much the mental aspect plays a role. The guy put as much pressure on him as possible with that whole BJJ doesn't work stuff, against a Brazilian idol and the best fighter he ever faced by far, in his home country in front of a large, hostile crowd. Obviously it messed with his head.

See the knockdown where Nog snapped his head back violently with I think it was a left hook. Give Herman an Oscar if that was faked.