Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Is Nishioka over the hill already?
Yes 13 33.33%
No 28 71.79%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 10-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Gangnam Style!
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 2 Gangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond reputeGangnam Style! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 17,756.36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elotero View Post
I can only speak for myself and have been consistent in calling Nishi over the hill, barely active and a cherry picked opponent for Donaire. Have also criticized Donaire for being inactive and fighting a string of undersized opponents.

I have also been on record saying that as soon as Rigo was mentiond as a possible opponent for Donny there was a wave of posters (trolls) trying to discredit that fight by saying that Nishi is actually the best @ 122. Plenty of guys to fight -- but pick the oldest and most inactive belt holder and swear up and down that he is the #1. Doesn't hurt to have a promo company like TR parroting that nonsense.

Nishi aint fought in how long? Against who? And when did he fight before that? Against who? Wasn't he talking about retirement earlier this year? Ask yourself these questions and you can answer yourself on whether he is over the hill - YES.
It's true that he hasn't fought in a while, and has thought about retiring, but that doesn't mean he's over the hill already. Last time he went out it was against Marquez and he actually did pretty good! I would understand if he's on a loosing streak and coming from a long lay off, but that's not the case, he's actually riding a 16 fight winning streak and to say that he's over the hill is just unfair imo.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-10-2012, 06:34 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,132.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangnam Style! View Post
Not so long ago before this fight was made, a lot of people were saying that Nonito should stop fighting small guys and must face the likes of Nishioka and Mares, even the names of JuanMa and Gamboa were being mentioned. But now that his fighting Nishi people are suddenly saying that he's already over the hill?!? What the hell is up with that?? Coz I certainly do not agree... Your thoughts on this please..
Well, I'm an independent observer and I believe that He's a bit past his best. has to be, 36 years old, and 122 lbs, had 46 fights lost 4 with 3 draws........ He certainly hasn't been getting better for the last 7 years or more.

On the other hand, if he nullifies Donaire's left hook he could win, as Donaire is not a clever boxer, is still living on that sudden KO of Fernando Montiel, and hasn't looked good since.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:37 PM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 132,343,144,853.49
Total Points: 155,843,650,345.49
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

He's a little older now but this is still a good..make that great fight for Donaire. I prefer it over Mares because of his skillset. This is the type of fighter we've been wanting him in against. I've been a Donaire fan for a while but was starting to doubt him cuz of his comp. now though as the fight inches closer I'm starting to second guess myself. Maybe my bias is kicking in towards Nonito but I'm starting to believe Donaire will dominate. Lets see.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Young Money
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Young Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,151,048.18

No but he would be considered ripe for the picking - I would compare it to when Ricky Hatton fought Koysta Tszyu.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,661,755,460,599,144.75
Total Points: 1,690,975,576,728,002.25
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Donaire doesn't seem to get credit for anyone he fights.

He knocks Montiel into a different stratosphere, the #1 at 118, being outweighed by him, whilst most fans were 50-50 on who would win that after the fight we get "It was the size advantage" bullsh*t.

Now, Donaire is fighting the #1 at 122, has been for a while, a top fighter and before the fight was signed the majority of people considered at a legit fight now before he's even had the fight it's getting discredited.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 67 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Money View Post
No but he would be considered ripe for the picking - I would compare it to when Ricky Hatton fought Koysta Tszyu.
I wouldn't say so.

The vast majority of people expected Hatton to lose that fight and he was the underdog with the bookies aswell.

Donaire's a favourite over Nishioka with the fans and the bookies.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
sugar555
Contender

Rep Power: 0 sugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these partssugar555 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 33,015.33

Reasons why nishioka didn't fight for year
1. Personal issues
2. injured left hand during marquez fight and his fight before as well
3. didn't want to have to defend title against fighters who he would most likely KO.
4. only wanted donaire and donaire only. He he said if no doanire he would possibly fight mares but donaire fight happened.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
garfios
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 garfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 100,062,969.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
I wouldn't say so.

The vast majority of people expected Hatton to lose that fight and he was the underdog with the bookies aswell.

Donaire's a favourite over Nishioka with the fans and the bookies.
So it seems to me that based on the bookies and fans it should be a mismatch, my question is why, age and inactivity or Donaire is that much better?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:41 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
So it seems to me that based on the bookies and fans it should be a mismatch, my question is why, age and inactivity or Donaire is that much better?
Not a mis-match.

The bookies and the fans have Donaire as the favourite but by no means a landslide.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:50 PM
danceswithfire
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 danceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond reputedanceswithfire has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,052,362.54

no , there's no evidence he is...only rigo fans are sayin this sh1t..

and even if he is , he's still 10x better than any rigo opponent..