Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 PM
Infamous
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Infamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond reputeInfamous has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,243,897,973.68
Total Points: 30,254,922,535.55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
JosÚ 'Chepo' Reynoso, the trainer of WBC 154-pound champion Sa˙l "Canelo" ┴lvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs), is confident his boxer can defeat Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs), the WBC champion at 160-pounds.

On September 15th in Las Vegas, Martinez defeated Canelo's countryman Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs), while a few miles away Canelo beat down Josesito Lopez over five rounds.

Following their respective fights, Martinez mentioned Canelo as a potential opponent in early 2013. Martinez, a former junior middleweight champion, is willing to return to 154-pounds to make the fight.
[Click Here To Read More]
Props to the Canelo Team for putting this out there... Critics are always saying something stupid! Either Canelo is too big for his opponents or too green for top p4p contenders...

Last edited by Infamous; 10-07-2012 at 11:32 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM
vacon04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 737,895,206,849.86
Total Points: 738,896,225,311.84
i ran out of green to give, but have a gift. you're a very good poster from what i've seen. - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomas View Post
Cintron handled MartÝnez ok. but took a beating from Canelo.
Lol Cintron was knocked out by MartÝnez and also defeated via points.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:43 PM
leonthegee
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 leonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 36,523.72

I know all you guys hate Canelo but you guys are putting alot of faith in a 37 yr coming back healthy. And these are signifigant injuries. Knee ligament damage is no joke especially with a fighter like Martinez who relys on movement. Plus you have the hand injury. Martinez doesnt have access to the best doctors and trainers like NBA or NFL players. He could be on the shelf for a while.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:45 PM
vacon04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 737,895,206,849.86
Total Points: 738,896,225,311.84
i ran out of green to give, but have a gift. you're a very good poster from what i've seen. - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonthegee View Post
I know all you guys hate Canelo but you guys are putting alot of faith in a 37 yr coming back healthy. And these are signifigant injuries. Knee ligament damage is no joke especially with a fighter like Martinez who relys on movement. Plus you have the hand injury. Martinez doesnt have access to the best doctors and trainers like NBA or NFL players. He could be on the shelf for a while.
Martinez's doctor is also the doctor of the King of Spain...
Old 10-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Le samoura´
sozinho no mundo moderno

Rep Power: 10 Le samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond reputeLe samoura´ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 300,165,820.89
Sorry I had to insert this inside you - robust_ and this - robust_ 

Canelo would likely be a bigger challenge than Chavez Jr. was, at least in terms of skill. However, of course Chavez has the advantage of being gigantic which Canelo wouldn't have. Martinez takes it but I think Canelo will go places as long as they step up the competition soon.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:06 AM
fvanesbeck
Contender

Rep Power: 4 fvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond reputefvanesbeck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 839,711.99
Total Points: 10,000,864,298.61

Quote:
Originally Posted by norway View Post
HEY HEY Listen everybody........ IF anyone thinks Martinez stands a chance against Canelo they do not know boxing. Chavez fought one round and almost knocked out Martinez. Ha Ha Martinez is just a boring Ballet dancer that we all want to retire. He fights Canelo and all our wishes come true :-)
You're right. Chavez just decided that he didn't want to fight until the 12th. It was nothing to do with Martinez outclassing him and nullifying his offense for the previous 11 rounds....

And also, calling Martinez "boring" is rich considering that your guy through about 3 punches in the opening 11 rounds....

....and Canelo? Who has he actually fought? Aside from small guys, old guys and small old guys? If he beat someone legit I wouldn't hate on him but he has to be the biggest hype job(after Chavez jr) in recent years in boxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
Team Canelo always talk big, then fight small.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingfan76 View Post
chavez Jr let his hands go in 1 and half rounds and martinez was almost ktfo, that wasnt no flash knockdown gaytinez was one solid punch away from being out of there, why would we Mexican fans be scared of a glassjawed runner whom couldnt do **** to our guy in 10 rounds but came 1 hair from being ktfo??? And why would we mexican fans be afraid of some gay ass pansy whom came out of the fight with staples ,broken bones,torn ligaments and stictches????while our guy only suffered a black eye?Anyone from 154lbs to 60isnt afraid of Gaytinez after what Chavez did to him I garuntee you.
"Gaytinez"? Come on, man.....you can do better than that.

Who in their right mind would stand and trade for 12 rounds with someone who outweighs them by 25 pounds?? I get that you're Mexican and your pissed off that your guy lost but you actually sound deluded. There's more to boxing than infighting...
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 AM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,142,560,511.54
Total Points: 64,643,061,280.22
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

I'm more worried if Sergio fought Canelo and DIDNT knock him out. I don't know who moves their head less, Canelo or Jr. jr is at least huge...Canelo just takes the hits because he's fighting smaller opposition who shouldnt even be in the weight class... I also don't like how in most his fights he seems to gas down the stretch... that's just terrible news against Martinez. If Canelo somehow made it to a decision, his face would be in tatters, possibly permanent damage.

Canelo isn't ready for Martinez..They'd be stupid to let this happen.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 AM
leonthegee
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 leonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these partsleonthegee is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 36,523.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacon04 View Post
Martinez's doctor is also the doctor of the King of Spain...
Hes still 37 yrs old. I thought Serg moved to Oxnard?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 AM
Ido
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Ido has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond reputeIdo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,416,916.47
Total Points: 101,510,362.79
Thanks for all the support and respect - Massage Queen 

All Roads lead to Canelo.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:45 AM
mathed
Golovkin is the G.O.A.T!

Rep Power: 92 mathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 121,427,760,322,324.69
Total Points: 121,427,760,323,025.44
STORMTROOPERS!!!!!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe - mathed The Tribe,you already know - Rome-By-Ko STORMTROOPERS - DonMega For Avatar awesomeness - DannYankee09 
Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden war b-suth - Mike D :beerchug: - -jose- Something in return for the gifts and points and stuff . Thanks again - Respect Power Happy birthday old fart! - DannYankee09 
Appreciate it my man! Here's a 40!! Enjoy the schooling Pascal is gonna get! :D - Golovkin Enjoy a beer on me :) - Tyler_Durden Another beer for ya bro, to go along with your winnings from tonight's fights! :) - Tyler_Durden Good luck to your fighter. - Augustane No Message - sugarsmosley 
everyone gifts beer, have some cake for a change - sugarsmosley Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps War Tribe - Hougigo To a valiant warrior. - DonMega War Tribe!!!!!!!!!!! - Rome-By-Ko 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mathed Autism - Lorily Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Underboss Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by norway View Post
HEY HEY Listen everybody........ IF anyone thinks Martinez stands a chance against Canelo they do not know boxing. Chavez fought one round and almost knocked out Martinez. Ha Ha Martinez is just a boring Ballet dancer that we all want to retire. He fights Canelo and all our wishes come true :-)
All your points and your account.....think about it, let me know....