Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 01:52 AM
Enayze
Boss

Rep Power: 30 Enayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,840,022,302,825.47
Total Points: 8,840,082,667,498.08
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney Happy 2k! - J. HITTER Keep educating and preaching the truth of God's word.  God bless you brother. - Rip Chudd :) - MANIAC310 You punked the shiit out of The Bringer lol - bearman3000 
Amazing Post! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579168&page=2 - jose830 fiat money for pwning the capitalist and keeping up with Schiff. - One_Capitalist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post

Babble babble babble babble. What a lot of toss.

Ultimately there is a correlation between religiosity and poverty worldwide. Nations such as Qatar and Kuwait and to a lesser extent the USA are outliers, statistical anomalies. The overall trend is that religiosity correlates with poverty and secularism correlates with wealth.

But as is mentioned you have to be careful when conflating correlation with causation. Is it secularism that creates the wealth or does wealth tend to move societies towards secularism? Noticing a pattern is great, it tells us something about the world. Finding out why the pattern exists is the bigger part of the battle.
That is a valid point, and Id say it is the latter part of your statement that is true.

Last edited by Enayze; 10-11-2012 at 01:56 AM..
Old 10-11-2012, 07:49 PM
The Tase
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,873,223,439,439.46
Total Points: 1,873,224,506,469.30
i remember this mofo "rif raf" from this old show called from G's to gents :lol1: he's afocking waste of space...thanks for the green! - jose830 A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 on me - sugarsmosley I hear you lad - Rocky... wears his heart on his sleeve - jas 

religion is used to control the masses especially the poor and uneducated.

Instead of solving problems head on and trying to find a solution, uber religious countries turn to god instead of tackling the problem. The problems of the society and nation never get solved and instead religion is used as a band aid.

Religion stifles progress.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:40 PM
deliveryman
Your token white guy

Rep Power: 32 deliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,820,696,160,155.62
Total Points: 75,820,696,203,906.67
Cheers! - Garo Good posts. Keep it up bro. - mitruth Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad You need a present. - Bossy for a super poster - jazluvr 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays deliveryman - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday :beerchug: - jose830 Happy birf day, man. - Sweet Pea 50 
Head and Neck Cancer - The_Executioner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Industrialist View Post
It's simple. Our religious >>> other countries religious nuts.

Our Religious people embrace the principles of Ayn Rand's self-rational interest and Capitalism. Even those that don't quite fully understand it. They don't let the Liberal hippy stuff about Jesus get in the way of Guns, property and profits.

And I appreciate that about America. We need more individualism and less whining.
Yes Atlas Shrugged was a good book. Relax.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 107,801,466.55
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo To the 80's cartoons. - WTFBALLZ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMB View Post
you didnt destroy jacksh*t you religious fvcktard.

My opening point and statistics still stand.
The only thing you have proven in this thread is the inadequacy of the modern American Educational system.

It absolutely astounds me how even your failure to understand what you're reading doesn't give you pause and you continue to rant on.

I suppose that is related to the statistic that tells us that although your generation of Americans is lacking in the smarts department, they're number one in the world when it comes to self esteem.

Last edited by res; 10-11-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 PM
The Tase
Banned

Rep Power: 0 The Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tase has a reputation beyond repute
i remember this mofo "rif raf" from this old show called from G's to gents :lol1: he's afocking waste of space...thanks for the green! - jose830 A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 on me - sugarsmosley I hear you lad - Rocky... wears his heart on his sleeve - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by res View Post
The only thing you have proven in this thread is the inadequacy of the modern American Educational system.

It absolutely astounds me how even your failure to understand what you're reading doesn't give you pause and you continue to rant on.

I suppose that is related to statistic that tells us that although your generation of Americans is lacking in the smarts department, they're number one in the world when it comes to self esteem.

prove my opening post wrong.

ill wait.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
prove my opening post wrong.

ill wait.
Hey airhead, reread the thread .

The point was both made (by me) and then later confirmed by another poster who is far from sympathetic to religion.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM
The Tase
Banned

Quote:
Hey airhead, reread the thread .

The point was both made (by me) and then later confirmed by another poster who is far from sympathetic to religion.
still waiting.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
still waiting.
No, actually I'm waiting.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM
The Tase
Banned

Quote:
No, actually I'm waiting.
GTFO out of my thread. you havent proven sh*t and my OP still stands as strong as ever.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
GTFO out of my thread. you havent proven sh*t and my OP still stands as strong as ever.
You're a moron, pick up a book and learn something about the world before you try to critique it.