Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: International Boxing Hall of Fame: The Gatti Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing HOF should have some honorary acknowledgement for both Gatti and Ward for their contributions to bringing more people to the sport. Everyone goes home happy.

Comment

Gatti shouldn't get in. He had a solid/decent career, won titles in 2 weight classes, but he didn't have enough good wins to get in.

Castillo and Corrales, and even Hatton or Genaro should get in before Gatti does.

Comment

He should get in. His resume might not be the strongest overall, but he was one the best of his era. He fought anyone who they put in front of him (Oscar and Floyd he had no chance, didn't dodge either). His chin and heart were among the greatest ever. His career might have been longer, but he couldn't resist trading blows that would KO normal person. If Rocky got in, you can't not have Gatti, Sly made a story up, while Gatti lived it.

Comment

so we're just gonna start inducting guys because we like them? Gatti was a warrior but he was never the best. Not even close. Talking about him as a hall of fame boxer is comical.
          Last edited by Mato o Muero; 10-05-2012, 11:57 AM.

Comment

no
            taking a mean ass whooping shouldn't put you in the hall.

Comment

100% he should be inducted, the wars that man went threw were down right insaine!!!! If a fighter can lose that many times but still draw huge crowds and stay in the superstar status he was obvious a great!!! Yea people will argue boxing is a hit and dont get hit sport, no its not! Its a fight and you're gonna get hit, you're gonna get dropped, thats how it all started. Gatti was a true throwback blood and guts warrior, he deserves to be in the HOF more then alot of fighters already inducted!

Comment

Gatti epitomises boxing, of course he should be in.

Boxing isn't like other sports, it's about more than winning.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Gatti epitomises boxing.
                  no doubt about this.

there should be a hall of fame fights category. then the fighters who didn't quite have the hall of fame resumes could get the glory and respect that they deserve.

with that said, i don't think Gatti should be in.

Comment

I'm going against my own idealogy here but he's got my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                      there should be a hall of fame fights category. then the fighters who didn't quite have the hall of fame resumes could get the glory and respect that they deserve.

with that said, i don't think Gatti should be in.
                      Hall of Fame isn't a big thing in UK (or European?) sport. We have one for English football but no one really cares about it. It's hard to understand why so many on NSB have an objection to certain people being inducted into the boxing HOF.

Do these discussions occur over US football and Basketball? what's the requirements for induction into those?

Comment

Working...
                      X