Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Cotto vs. Hatton?
Miguel Cotto 109 78.99%
Ricky Hatton 29 21.01%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 10-03-2012, 06:07 PM
jtcs1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 jtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,512,534,590,262.49
Total Points: 13,518,453,627,956.64
An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* Sorry about the blow :D All better yet? - *La Patrona* I feel like sending pressies :D - Bossy good poster.... - bigsmoothh 
Mi profesor. :kiss: - Bossy 1k post - bigsmoothh bebete una cervesa medalla por tus 1000 posts.... - jose830 Must spread rep before I can green you again, so I'll give you my heart instead :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Round 1 
No Message - Round 1 thanks for the red pai chupala - Dickie Smalls Cotto training en el Morro pics... - jose830 Por aportar a un esperanzado cambio. - ELHURACAN58 there you go - Tha_Greatest 
there you go - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays jtcs1981. - !! AI-Holmes!! dont fukk wit me, lol, joking, i am a troll, im a troll who uses logic to piss the fukk outta people, how can anyone argue vs logic right, no vulgarity, no race, no family and i only use peoples words against them, lol look at my fukked up posts or t - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Send a message via MSN to jtcs1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
I don't know what I'm talking about? Like a poster said, you're stating all those 147 pounders up there. This is a 140 fight where Cotto was still ok and not all that like he was in his prime. He was getting rocked by light punchers and if Ricardo Torres put it on him for a while I could just imagine the ass whooping Hatton may of put on him.

Ring belt is better than the vacant belts Cotto collected early in his career is it not? I bet you're one of the Cotto fans that came after the Quintana fight.
LOL. The bold is funny. We are from the same area in Caguas. We went to the same middle school. He was making noises when he was an amateur. He is the pride of my town so no, the bold is non-sense.

Like I said before, you are trying to imply Cotto is not any better than Hatton. That is a lie. Based on a belt? The guy fought tougher competition. Are you really arguing that? Torres is a soft hitter? LOL. You know Bailey right? He is consider one of the hardest punchers in boxing. That healthy Cotto beats Hatton IMO and takes that title away. Unfortunately for Cotto, Hatto was making big money over there and there was no need to match up against the best in the division.

BTW, I'm no saying Cotto is a Great fighter. But he is better than you want to admit.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-03-2012, 06:07 PM
mannyman
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 mannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond reputemannyman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 71,553.79
Total Points: 10,000,247,393.01

My first instinct was to say Cotto beats Hatton but on second thought Cotto was sometimes a bit shaky at 140 due to not being able to make the weight. I can remember him being wobbled quite a few times. Hatton was a beast for a period at 140. This would've been a close fight and a late KO by any of them. I'd say 50/50.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:12 PM
jtcs1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 jtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond reputejtcs1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,512,534,590,262.49
Total Points: 13,518,453,627,956.64
An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* An apple para mi profesor :wave: - *La Patrona* Sorry about the blow :D All better yet? - *La Patrona* I feel like sending pressies :D - Bossy good poster.... - bigsmoothh 
Mi profesor. :kiss: - Bossy 1k post - bigsmoothh bebete una cervesa medalla por tus 1000 posts.... - jose830 Must spread rep before I can green you again, so I'll give you my heart instead :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Round 1 
No Message - Round 1 thanks for the red pai chupala - Dickie Smalls Cotto training en el Morro pics... - jose830 Por aportar a un esperanzado cambio. - ELHURACAN58 there you go - Tha_Greatest 
there you go - Tha_Greatest Happy Holidays jtcs1981. - !! AI-Holmes!! dont fukk wit me, lol, joking, i am a troll, im a troll who uses logic to piss the fukk outta people, how can anyone argue vs logic right, no vulgarity, no race, no family and i only use peoples words against them, lol look at my fukked up posts or t - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Send a message via MSN to jtcs1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade darkar View Post
i wouldnt be surprised if cotto would have beat hatton, but i wouldnt be surprised if hatton beat cotto either.

i agree tszyu was past his best, however he was still p4p number 3 at the time and alot better fighter than torres.

on hattons power, he wasnt a hard hitter but he wasnt feater fisted, more of an accumulative puncher.
Actually I think Cotto is an accumulative puncher as well. I'm not saying that the fight was going to be easy. Ricky was not a come to get pay guy. He came to fight. But Cotto skill set give him the edge. I believe the healthier Cotto @ 140 was during 2004 (Ndou, Pinto, Bailey). After that bit of success he struggle making weight because of his drinking habits. He likes to drink and party hard.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 PM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,567,380,390,210.52
Total Points: 1,568,380,405,273.39
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcs1981 View Post
Actually I think Cotto is an accumulative puncher as well. I'm not saying that the fight was going to be easy. Ricky was not a come to get pay guy. He came to fight. But Cotto skill set give him the edge. I believe the healthier Cotto @ 140 was during 2004 (Ndou, Pinto, Bailey). After that bit of success he struggle making weight because of his drinking habits. He likes to drink and party hard.
theres no doubt that cotto has the better skill set. i think hatton was stronger at the weight. its just a shame this fight didnt happen really. would have been a fcukin good fight.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:19 PM
PinoyNation
Banned

Rep Power: 0 PinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 137,087.52

Mr. Fantastic, how do you think Hatton would have done against Margarito?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Sin City
la mala vida

Rep Power: 124 Sin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond reputeSin City has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,806,367,440.41
Total Points: 50,250,780,849.26
For posting the new Bill Maher Religulous trailer!  And you're a good poster too! - abosworth For stickin with SSM. You called it - El Dominicano Happy 21st!! - Tek My Pounches Cheers for your B-day homey - mangler happy birthday sin....drink til you spin homie - Makavelli 
Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO To a good soul - starjammer Happy Paddys Day!! - starjammer Here have a beer, you did pay for it after all :) - GreatJoe For not bitching - D.I.E.S.E.L 
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler No Message - -veteran420- Well Deserved - HaglerSteelChin you are a homie who loves spanish willy - Kia Ora 
To the Cotto Victory! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - Flab Thanks Dude - Berges Happy holidays bro! - led* No Message - lanigav 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - JM1 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
1/31/06 at 9:55 p.m.

"Hi folks this is my first post on this site, but I have lurked here for a minute, and have been impressed with the amount of knowledge that you guy's have on the fight game. Having only seen one of Hatton's fight's (maussa) I was pretty impressed. ****, the only reason why I ordered the fight was because of his suprising win (because of my ignorance)over KT. I've watched several of Cotto's fights, and he has been shaky at times, but i was impressed with his performance over abduleav(sp). Hatton, being prone to cuts, could be in trouble if Cotto stays outside and picks away, but I doubt Hatton is going to give him a chance to breath. Both are good body punchers, slight edge to Cotto because of what I have seen with my own two eye's. Hopefully this fight happens soon. My pick... Cotto TKO in the 10th."
ahhh how things change.. eh, pee?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,590,183.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 

Hatton would have beat Cotto at 140, Cotto got wobbled by Malignaggi at that weight.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
JDezi4
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 JDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond reputeJDezi4 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,196,187.89
STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 

Keeping in mind Cotto at 140 wasn't 100%, I pick Hatton... By decision, I'm not crazy, he's not stopping Cotto... I just see him outworking a worn out Cotto for most of the fight

Cotto winning would not surprise
Old 10-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,308,731.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcs1981 View Post
LOL. The bold is funny. We are from the same area in Caguas. We went to the same middle school. He was making noises when he was an amateur. He is the pride of my town so no, the bold is non-sense.

Like I said before, you are trying to imply Cotto is not any better than Hatton. That is a lie. Based on a belt? The guy fought tougher competition. Are you really arguing that? Torres is a soft hitter? LOL. You know Bailey right? He is consider one of the hardest punchers in boxing. That healthy Cotto beats Hatton IMO and takes that title away. Unfortunately for Cotto, Hatto was making big money over there and there was no need to match up against the best in the division.

BTW, I'm no saying Cotto is a Great fighter. But he is better than you want to admit.
Not only on the belt but different situations....you're basing it like Cotto has fought till now compared to Hatton. A 140 Cotto had much more flaws than what he is now. There is a reason why Cotto didn't fight Hatton. Bailey sucks though and I never said Torres was a soft hitter, you're making that up yourself. Hatton was just on another level than someone like Torres and you can ask any credible poster that's not a Cotto fanatic and I'm sure they'd tell you the same.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Mr. Fantastic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Fantastic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,557,360,039,827.33
Total Points: 20,557,360,308,731.31
good poster - Gift Of Gab It's all good homey - mangler bravo..one round of beer on me - strugler Chicano79us LOVES B-Hop - El Dominicano A gift for the pretty chicana. - Jim Jeffries 
A toast, to all your sexy avatars - mangler Round 2 on me! - jazluvr449 Here's the beer you owe me...lol. - jazluvr449 To the chapters of rivalry - andyp513 have a beer homey - -MAKAVELLI- 
It's on me, buddy! =D - TintaBoricua stick it up your ass :) - heat27 stop crying - heat27 great poster, here give this to all of those floyd fans who keep hating lmao - cawadoody Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
one of the best posters - MANIAC310 nice true and informative sig - thuggery you don't like Cotto, i don't like Margarito...that said...i give you respect for your avi :fing02: - jose830 and your sig speaks the truth! - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - .::WaRCoTTo::. Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr449 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - dj emz Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyNation View Post
Mr. Fantastic, how do you think Hatton would have done against Margarito?
Margarito fought at 147 at the time when Cotto was 140.