Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-29-2012, 02:10 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,731,439.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

please tell me you are "that guy" with the notepad at the gym

i used to spot those guys all the time.

they'd walk over to me, flex, look at themselves, and then inquire about getting a spot from 230 lb, no-notepad new england, who dwarfed them.

other than you chest / back day (too much of a spread for a bodybuilding routine, in my eyes,) i like the schedule. just commit it to memory so you don't look like "that guy." it will just be so hard for me to take you seriously knowing you walk around your gym with your notebook

Last edited by New England; 09-29-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-29-2012, 02:19 PM
ZeeBrah
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ZeeBrah is a jewel in the roughZeeBrah is a jewel in the roughZeeBrah is a jewel in the roughZeeBrah is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,889.69

I dunno about OP, but I DO walk around the gym with my notebook. I'm also doing different percentages of my maxes and doing different set/rep schemes, so I can't just remember it, as I'm always doing something different (same exercises, just not same weight/reps/sets).

I don't see what's wrong with that. You may not take me seriously because I have a notebook (I don't follow that logic...?), but when you saw me lifting literally 500 pounds, I bet you would.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:28 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeBrah View Post
I dunno about OP, but I DO walk around the gym with my notebook. I'm also doing different percentages of my maxes and doing different set/rep schemes, so I can't just remember it, as I'm always doing something different (same exercises, just not same weight/reps/sets).

I don't see what's wrong with that. You may not take me seriously because I have a notebook (I don't follow that logic...?), but when you saw me lifting literally 500 pounds, I bet you would.
well, for starters, i'm mostly joking.

when i was lifting heavy weights i put on about 40 lbs from my 19th to 23rd birthday. 5'9, 230 - 240. i know what i'm doing and i was also blessed with the gift of a very heavy frame. i'm 220 when i don't lift weights. and it's something i did without the help of a notebook,

and what are you doign when you lift 500 lbs? a leg press? 500 lbs on anything but a leg press is impressive.

i used to deadlift five plates for a couple of reps, which is about 500 lbs if memory serves right. that's also how i injured myself, and why i took a break from lifting weights for almost two years.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,167,631,715,506.04
Total Points: 47,452,447,090,603.66
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
please tell me you are "that guy" with the notepad at the gym

i used to spot those guys all the time.

they'd walk over to me, flex, look at themselves, and then inquire about getting a spot from 230 lb, no-notepad new england, who dwarfed them.

other than you chest / back day (too much of a spread for a bodybuilding routine, in my eyes,) i like the schedule. just commit it to memory so you don't look like "that guy." it will just be so hard for me to take you seriously knowing you walk around your gym with your notebook
Lol, nah I dont carry the notepad around. I just like to have my routine set way ahead of time so I dont go to the gym and not being sure of what I want to do.

And to ZeeBrah, good looks yeah everyone is telling me to add Arnold press' so I probably should.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 45,167,631,715,506.04
Total Points: 47,452,447,090,603.66
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Quote:

when i was lifting heavy weights i put on about 40 lbs from my 19th to 23rd birthday. 5'9, 230 - 240. i know what i'm doing and i was also blessed with the gift of a very heavy frame. i'm 220 when i don't lift weights. and it's something i did without the help of a notebook,

and what are you doign when you lift 500 lbs? a leg press? 500 lbs on anything but a leg press is impressive.

i used to deadlift five plates for a couple of reps, which is about 500 lbs if memory serves right. that's also how i injured myself, and why i took a break from lifting weights for almost two years.
Those injuries can be scary. A couple weeks ago I was deadlifting and I tried to do a little too much, which was stupid, and I lifted and a pain shot up my back so bad and I was seeing stars for like 10 seconds. I just put it down waddled out of the gym and just laid in bed for the next 2 days
Old 09-29-2012, 02:37 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Gunz View Post
Lol, nah I dont carry the notepad around. I just like to have my routine set way ahead of time so I dont go to the gym and not being sure of what I want to do.

And to ZeeBrah, good looks yeah everyone is telling me to add Arnold press' so I probably should.

i'm really please with teh amount of work you're doing with your legs. if you want to gain the weight you've got to eat like a horse, drink water like a camel, and lift legs legs legs.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:50 PM
ZeeBrah
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ZeeBrah is a jewel in the roughZeeBrah is a jewel in the roughZeeBrah is a jewel in the roughZeeBrah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

500 pounds exactly on deadlift about a month and a half ago, haha. EXTREMELY bad thoracic rounding, not sure if I can still do it. I never actually started deadlifting until about a year ago, even though I'd been lifting for about 4 years

I'll definitely get up to 500 bench, hopefully in less than like 5 years (currently at 370, but gaining rapidly). Squat, I won't see it get to 500 for a LONG time (3 torn ACLs and osteoarthritis).

But yeah, making TONS of gains right now while on a HUGE cut. The Sheiko routine has been AMAZING for me! Anyone who'd be interested in checking it out just PM me. Great program.

I dunno what people here do, but I like to powerlift to aid my boxing.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:56 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeBrah View Post
500 pounds exactly on deadlift about a month and a half ago, haha. EXTREMELY bad thoracic rounding, not sure if I can still do it. I never actually started deadlifting until about a year ago, even though I'd been lifting for about 4 years

I'll definitely get up to 500 bench, hopefully in less than like 5 years (currently at 370, but gaining rapidly). Squat, I won't see it get to 500 for a LONG time (3 torn ACLs and osteoarthritis).

But yeah, making TONS of gains right now while on a HUGE cut. The Sheiko routine has been AMAZING for me! Anyone who'd be interested in checking it out just PM me. Great program.

I dunno what people here do, but I like to powerlift to aid my boxing.
no kidding? wow. were you an athlete? i figure it's gotta be hard to tear an acl three times in a weight room.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:22 PM
ZeeBrah
Banned

Quote:
no kidding? wow. were you an athlete? i figure it's gotta be hard to tear an acl three times in a weight room.
Yeah, I played football. Tore 2 in HS, one last year (freshman year) in college. Was a 295 pound weak, fourth-string OL at a D3 school, going to try and walk on to my school's D2 football team next season at around 220 pounds (<10% BF), as a middle linebacker.

Also, I want to get into MMA. I like boxing, but I'm really good at using momentum against people (much like in Judo), and I feel I'd be good at it. Only concern is banging me knees on the ground or getting my knees submitted/kicked.

Left knee not so much.

I fall else fails, at least I can safely do boxing without too much risk of re-injuring myself. But there are no gyms near me and I don't know how to schedule a fight (so my USA Boxing $ will go to waste...).
Old 09-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Jack3d
Banned

Location: My CPU is neural net processor; a learning computer
Rep Power: 0 Jack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these partsJack3d is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 253,238,191.06

Looks vaguely similar to Westside for Skinny Bastards.

If you haven't gave that routine a look, I suggest you do

http://www.defrancostraining.com/art...rds-part3.html

It's a great routine not just for putting on size and getting strong but maintaining and improving athleticism