Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,089,222,282.50
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 
Post Comments Thread For: Julio Diaz – One Last Run for “The Kidd”

By Thomas Gerbasi - At 32, Julio Diaz isn’t at the age where he can wistfully muse about how things were back in his day. But after winning two world championship belts over the course of a 13 year pro career, he’s earned his right to speak his peace about the state of the game circa 2012, and when he does, he’s someone who should be listened to.

“The problem with a lot of these young cats coming up is that they’re way too ahead of themselves already,” said Diaz. “Starting with the basics and just fighting for the sport is good. But now these guys go out there and they’re just swinging away without the art and the sport of boxing. Now they’re just trying to land one punch, regardless of how it lands. They’re skipping the process prior to landing that punch. For me, from the first round I’ll invest two or three rounds, saving something up and working on a plan for the final result, and by the fourth round, that’s when I plan to end it. But I start from the first round setting that up and that’s the way I like to go about my fights. And these kids, they start the first round just like the last, and they just fight every round the same. It’s just a whole different era now.” [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-28-2012, 05:33 AM
panicchaser
Contender

Rep Power: 5 panicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,674.95
Default Problem with boxers today

I'm glad Julio brought up this topic. I'd like to add a few thoughts on this topic in support of today's concerns about boxers. Take look at this article o trainers

secondsout.com/columns/thomas-hauser/are-there-fewer-good-trainers-than-before-

I would also appreciated Teddy Atlas's views on boxers.

In an unplugged statement during the lead up to the Haye vs. Klitschko fight last year in July, T.A. said: "These guys are just not solid mentally anymore for the most part, a lot of these fighters. You go back to the 20's, 30's and 40's, those guys behaved like fighters. If there was an opportunity to get to a fighter, they had the fortitude to get to them. And not just physically and technically, but mentally and emotionally because they were invested in one thing, if there was an opportunity to do something, you do it. You don't draw a line. These guys draw a line and say, "I'll do enough to survive," or "I'll do enough to be competitive," or "I'll do enough to see what happens." But from a mental standpoint, back in the old days, in anything in our society and as far as a professional place of work, guys wanted to do what was there to do. They had the attitude and there was a hardness. There was a hunger to do whatever it is you were there to do.

If you had a carpenter in the old days and the carpenter came to your house and something wasn't just right with those cabinets, you couldn't throw the damn guy out of your house. He would stay there. He didn't care about the money or getting two more days pay because he was going to be there two more days. He cared about his reputation. He cared that he was supposed to get that done at a certain level and a certain standard. You couldn't throw him out of there without him saying, "I'm coming back tomorrow and I'm going to smooth that out; I'm going to add that and I didn't figure on that, so I'm going to come here and build that up a little bit more." And he would do it because that's what he did because he was a freaking carpenter and he took pride in what he did. There was a demand to be everything that he is supposed to be. The same thing with a doctor. A doctor didn't say, "Well, you don't have the coverage, I can't finish the job. I can't come and do a house call because I don't get paid extra for that." No, because they were committed to the job. They were committed to the profession; that they were supposed to behave at all times like a doctor and do what a doctor should do, and that's take care of that patient to whatever level it meant to go to. It was the same thing with the ball player; everything. It wasn't just about what they were getting paid. There was an urgency. It was a developed and committed urgency in everybody to be everything that you could be."

"But guys don't do that. They throw one punch and that's it because again, there is not any urgency or commitment to go in after what's there. They are already satisfied that they are getting paid a lot of money in the fight and there is no need to step over the line. There is not even a thought or connection to have to think that way. Again, back in the old days, the ball players or whatever they did or whatever profession they happened to be committed to, they had the attitude of, "I'm not only going to give you $50 worth because you paid $50." They were going to do everything that was part of being whatever it is that they were. You can see that that's just not the case."

"It's the attachment with that physical ability is what I'm talking about. That's what they don't have. They don't have that, "I'm going to go after him. There is a chance to get him this way, so you know what? That's what I'm going to do until I get him." But that's unfortunately a lacking area in the heavyweight boxing game and a major disconnect in that. The old time fighters, they all had it. Some were better than others. Some of them had better physical abilities and different styles, but every one of them had the mental capacity to be able to go in there and behave like a fighter and do what was there to be done."
Old 09-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Lac'em up
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 Lac'em up will become famous soon enoughLac'em up will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 20,089.48

Good luck to you Julio. Give it your all and don't let nobody tell you it's not possible.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 PM
fceeviper
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 fceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond reputefceeviper has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,045,802.14

My cousin! WAR-PRIMO!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 PM
MrFynest
Contender

Rep Power: 5 MrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond reputeMrFynest has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 8,668.38

not again! i like the guy but he's shot, and has no chin. He gets ko'd then returns for "one last run". Gets ko'd again returns for "one last run". It just gets repetitious.