Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 AM
NVSemin
Contender

Rep Power: 4 NVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,429.04

Sugar Ray Leonard: 'I never really said I want to be a world-champion. What I always said that I want to be special"

Do not try to be "successful" in the gym, pal. Do something special, performance not the results. It is no loosing strategy
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Xweetie
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Xweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these partsXweetie is infamous around these parts
Bank: 6,871,480,219.62
Total Points: 7,831,460,050.26
thanks for the info on snow blower....have a beer! - jose830 Keep up the hard work. - dan_cov 

Well thanks for every answears, Man imma get my lazy ass to the gym again!
I went yester day after dinner and it was "fun" for about 15-20 minutes!

Well im packing stuff and im heading to the gym in any minute! Atleast imma try to be there for an hour!

Never give up, right! It's alright to cut down but never put water on the fire!

Orderd a boxing book just to increase my motivation, we will see if it works!

calcium and magnesium, vitamin C = check

Have a good one!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 18,831,203,856,493.82
Total Points: 20,786,525,411,529.06
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
You don't want it enough simple, I highly doubt you'll find motivation by asking opinions on a forum because reality is 95% of this forum are likely out of shape and have zero motivation themselves.

If you want it bad enough, get off your lazy ass, stop feeling sorry for yourself, put some music on that hypes you and get to the gym and rip it up.

If its cold, get a good meal, wrap up and get through it. Its only an hour or so...

Not sure what you expect us to say. Even half hour a day is better than no training. Maybe do something different, go swimming or cycling, something you don't normally do.

Survivor - Eye of the tiger, put it on full blast and if that don't motivate you, you're doomed!
I'm with him. Something else though, people usually develop an internal sense about exercising & look at it like working out.

You have to change the thought process. You have to view it as training. You take "training" more seriously than simply "working out".
Old 09-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Layzie Kidd
Contender

Rep Power: 7 Layzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant future
Total Points: 15,578.68

Quote:
You don't want it enough simple, I highly doubt you'll find motivation by asking opinions on a forum because reality is 95% of this forum are likely out of shape and have zero motivation themselves.

If you want it bad enough, get off your lazy ass, stop feeling sorry for yourself, put some music on that hypes you and get to the gym and rip it up.

If its cold, get a good meal, wrap up and get through it. Its only an hour or so...

Not sure what you expect us to say. Even half hour a day is better than no training. Maybe do something different, go swimming or cycling, something you don't normally do.

Survivor - Eye of the tiger, put it on full blast and if that don't motivate you, you're doomed!
Quote:
I'm sorry you lost your job but that is no excuse. You don't need a fancy gym pass to train! I've seen guys as ripped as anybody on the planet, swole 24/7 who have never stepped in a gym in their life. Improvising with park equipment.

Having no motivation is basically quitting. Its all in the mind. Nobody can help you but yourself. Will power!

Hell I don't want to work, I don't want to get up most days, I don't wanna do a lot of things life throws at me but sometimes you've just got to block it all out and crack on with it. Grit your teeth together and say fcuk it, it'll only take so long then I can do what I like.

The more you sit there dwelling, the more accustomed to getting lazy and the more unfit you will get. The less motivated you will get!
You've gotta want it, you've gotta strive and make sacrifices, push through it, push through those pain barriers and the mental barriers.
This is why fat people more often than not stay fat for decades/their whole life, they get used to it & they die young from a heart attack because they hadn't the motivation, the discipline to get up and strive for sh1t.

Its all in the head, just like boxing, just like nearly every sport and everything in life, its more mental than physical.

That is my take anyway.
These are great posts.

I can attest to the 2nd part. When I was unmotivated broke and not going to the gym I always still watched videos at my house and did drills I had learned in my basement, back yard, and ran the track.

By the time I had got back to the gym I was in decently good shape and had my technique upped and immediate praise by the trainers.

Do little things if you want to get motivated. Watched a good fight and want to throw a few jabs in the air? Go for it, little by little youll get it back untill youre back in full swing.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 PM
_original_
Dinamita

Rep Power: 22 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,168,382,471.26
Total Points: 256,504,747,327.45
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Quote:
I'm sorry you lost your job but that is no excuse. You don't need a fancy gym pass to train! I've seen guys as ripped as anybody on the planet, swole 24/7 who have never stepped in a gym in their life. Improvising with park equipment.

Having no motivation is basically quitting. Its all in the mind. Nobody can help you but yourself. Will power!

Hell I don't want to work, I don't want to get up most days, I don't wanna do a lot of things life throws at me but sometimes you've just got to block it all out and crack on with it. Grit your teeth together and say fcuk it, it'll only take so long then I can do what I like.

The more you sit there dwelling, the more accustomed to getting lazy and the more unfit you will get. The less motivated you will get!
You've gotta want it, you've gotta strive and make sacrifices, push through it, push through those pain barriers and the mental barriers.
This is why fat people more often than not stay fat for decades/their whole life, they get used to it & they die young from a heart attack because they hadn't the motivation, the discipline to get up and strive for sh1t.

Its all in the head, just like boxing, just like nearly every sport and everything in life, its more mental than physical.

That is my take anyway.
Probably one of the most motivational/inspirational quotes I have read on here, green k!

I'm tearing it up at the gym tomorrow in honor of this post, no lie lol

Last edited by _original_; 09-27-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Cornelius22
Amateur

Total Points: 218.41

I highly doubt you'll find motivation by asking opinions on a forum because reality is 95% of this forum are likely out of shape and have zero motivation themselves.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Alx.
King of Aesthetics

Rep Power: 16 Alx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond reputeAlx. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 105,258,987,847,377.19
Total Points: 105,264,188,123,093.91
Gift - eddie_monster Drink up - ??? Blue parallelogram 4 u sir - Russian Crushin Blue parallelogram for you to try out - ??? No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Write down what youre gonna say to her and rehearse the lines - EngorgedW/Blood Angus burger homey - MANGLER Cheers - BulgariasFinest Thanks. - WarriorSoul 
No Message - Dorian back at ya - Rapid Counter thanks. and like wise bruh. - AntonTheMedium Wow, thanks bro. Right back at ya. - BulgariasFinest Top poster! - Money_May 
merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Knowledge is power, I need a shower. - Master Cvnt Cheers to that bro - ted*. thanks mask man - Honey Team 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - arraamis Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - chiguy91 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - rorymac Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

i go to work while going to the gym and uni at the same time. no excuses
Old 10-04-2012, 10:57 AM
rampant
Contender

Rep Power: 5 rampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond reputerampant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,610,014,224.13
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 

I'd suggest going to a class, being with other's motivates you.

I started doing boxercise 3 times a week, now doing kettlebells, TRX, Vipr and the class thing makes me train like a demon.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:17 PM
war cry
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 war cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond reputewar cry has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,585.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightFit View Post
I agree with dan on this one,what hes saying is spot on.
I also agree. the mind is the head-coach.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:11 PM
adamooo
Amateur

Total Points: 1,951.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xweetie View Post
Have a hard time to get my ass to the gym lately!

I totally lost it, been 'bout two weeks now and i feel tired, lay in bed til like 1.00 pm, I dont even do my originally morning jog!.

I guess its just that time of the year, getting cold and dark outside, you just dont feel for doin it!

pretty much a nonsens post, soooo do any of you guys feel the same?

I try to find some motivation by surfing around reading about you guys but it's impossible!
I watch the Rocky movies, or GI Jane or watch videos of competitions of my favorite athletes, but yeah, once you skipped a few trainings or more - it's always hard to get back into the rut...