Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-18-2012, 02:12 PM
ShovelThumb
Contender

Rep Power: 5 ShovelThumb has a spectacular aura aboutShovelThumb has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,224,900.02
Total Points: 11,240,131.70

Much better than I'd anticipated, good work.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-18-2012, 02:13 PM
borgata
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 borgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these partsborgata is infamous around these parts
Bank: 3,862,185,227,328.46
Total Points: 3,872,185,351,328.90

If Arum did make these number up, we will know. Lou dibella is expecting his cut of those numbers and if he doesn't get it he's not the type to keep his mouth shut.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
MrRolltide91
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 MrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 431,908,890.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
Kevin Iole ***8207;@KevinI
Bob Arum is saying Chavez-Martinez did over 600k. He's wrong, it won't. But he'll make a successful show look bad by exaggerating so much

Kevin Iole ***8207;@KevinI
Since a lot of people are asking me, my official prediction for PPV numbers for #ChavezMartinez is 470,000 buys
of course arum would lie about it
Old 09-18-2012, 02:56 PM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,513,763,145,350.56
Total Points: 20,513,763,318,602.35
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

Where do the official numbers actually come from? Is there public documentation on every single Boxing PPV? Meaning is it actual public record than anyone can acquire the numbers?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:01 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 96 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 80,032,568,046,445.70
Total Points: 86,035,249,676,997.73
consistently excellent posts that always strike to the heart of the matter - It's Ovah Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 
I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery 
Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

WOAH!

that's great news

it really is. that's the first major PPV for either of these guys. chavez was on fringe BS ppv, but martinez has always been an HBO fighter. 600K is huge money

i paid $60 for my broadcast.

60 x 600,000 is a hell of a lot of money for two fighters to be generating who are not floyd mayweather and manny pacquiao (or named klitschko.)
that's enough money to pay everybody and keep everybody happy, and keep the ship running, which is the name of the game with an enterprise like top rank.
lou dibella also gets a piece of the pie, and even though he probably gets less because his investments cant be as great to promote the thing, you've got to appreciate that he gets a piece of the big time by being allowed to work with TR fighters.

DAMN
that's impressive. the card was a bit light (i watched almost all of the showtime undercard and DVR'ed canelo and lopez,) but that main event was terrific. it wasn't very competitive, but it was very entertaining and compelling. obviously the 12th was legendary as well.

martinez puts on one hell of a show.

great night of fights, saturday. one of the best in recent memory.

Last edited by New England; 09-18-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:04 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,209,436,650,170.81
Total Points: 2,220,036,760,877.32
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Great if true, but at the very least I think Arum is rounding up expectations but either way it did very well eve if it just surpassed 500k or ends up a bit under that is still great all things considered.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Gino Ros
Banned

Bank: 2,606,020,444.84
Total Points: 2,606,316,013.94
NSB master of finance. My first deposit. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Sir TomJones Money May AllDay, 1 of NSB best. Enjoy the fight homey! - CRASH DUMMY p4p biggest homo - Sir TomJones p4p biggest homo - Sir TomJones 
Best poster on this site !! - BoZz for the help - Lazerjab 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bearman3000 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - tibbar World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
Lance Pugmire ***8207;@latimespugmire
Bob Arum now says early ppv reports indicate more than 600,000 buys for #ChavezMartinez. He says buzz from conflicting cards "didn't hurt."
Wow. That PPV number came pretty quickly.

Great to see that the reporting systems are so efficient.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:08 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,209,436,650,170.81
Total Points: 2,220,036,760,877.32
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino Ros View Post
Wow. That PPV number came pretty quickly.

Great to see that the reporting systems are so efficient.
Top Rank must have upgraded their counting machines~
Old 09-18-2012, 03:24 PM
deanrw
Mayor Ford's dealer...

Rep Power: 55 deanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,305,518,071,268,916.50
Total Points: 1,305,518,272,598,062.25
Here's to real boxing fans my man - mangler cheers - MARKBNLV more beer for my bud - Makavelli its 105 here is socal bud - Makavelli cheers buddy - -pound4pound- 
now the collection is complete - -pound4pound- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays deanrw - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Holidays deanrw - !! AI-Holmes!! thank you. have a happy holiday and Safe new year!! - PAC-BOY 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry christmas,thanks for all the kind words - MR. LARRYX happy new year man! - HUGH JASS happy new year bro! - jazluvr Tis an honour to be on your friends list. - Terrel 
Respect Bro... Respect - EvilGenius For the bonus - mathed For the bonus - mathed Thanks for the points - mathed the champ knows - sugarsmosley 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BattlingNelson Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Kevin Jesus Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Makavelli Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Makavelli Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Makavelli Childhood Cancer - Makavelli Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Makavelli 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Makavelli Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Makavelli Autism - Makavelli World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Makavelli Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Makavelli 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Actually I remember Cotto vs Margarito was was a big event. It felt bigger than Chavez vs Martinez. Their first fight did 450,000 and their rematch did 600,000.

I would be very surprised if last Saturday's fight did even 500,000. Especially considering it was competing with a free event.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Bronard
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 0 Bronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these partsBronard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,438,957,680,883.31
Total Points: 1,438,957,688,049.97

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrw
Actually I remember Cotto vs Margarito was was a big event. It felt bigger than Chavez vs Martinez. Their first fight did 450,000 and their rematch did 600,000.

I would be very surprised if last Saturday's fight did even 500,000. Especially considering it was competing with a free event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrw

Is this like a post hating on Martinez or Chavez for doing these numbers? Assuming theyre real.

Now Cotto cant call himself the third highest PPV fighter cause these two just did the same numbers as him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android