Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-16-2012, 06:33 PM
GTL
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 GTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond reputeGTL has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,081,730.17
Bronx keep on making it, Queens keep on taking it... - el guason456 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leppard365 View Post
put all their sweat, time, hardwork, committment into a training camp. go through the pain barrier, slaughter their body and abstain from sexual desires or family interaction, only to decide not to throw punches come fight night?

its a serious question. how do they expect to win a fight if they dont throw many punches? i dont get it.
I think that some of those statements are wives tales. I think that fighters are still sexually active during training. Fighters do see their families during training as well.. otherwise, it can be counter productive..
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
Mushashi
R U MAD

Rep Power: 8 Mushashi has much to be proud ofMushashi has much to be proud ofMushashi has much to be proud ofMushashi has much to be proud ofMushashi has much to be proud ofMushashi has much to be proud ofMushashi has much to be proud ofMushashi has much to be proud ofMushashi has much to be proud of
Bank: 40,701,817,527.46
Total Points: 50,701,824,193.80
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo FIREPOWER - Jabroni 

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
certain things you have to get in the ring to understand.boxing isnt as simple as just go in there and fight, for someone whos never done it it might seem that way but it isnt. when you get hit so hard most of your body shuts down and goes numb you might be able to understand why someone becomes cautius.

sure everyone whos never fought say they would just let it all hang out and if they get knocked out they get knocked out, but those ppl are usually the same guys who ran from every fight in their life. its easy to talk from an armachair, when someone is beating you up in front of your friends and family and the crowd is yelling things change.
great post.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,236,655.56
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Lots of times the occasion gets to them and they tighten up and that compounds with them going into a shell because they are not getting off , boxing is such a mental game that people take mental side for granted , its not easy to have the mind and the body perfect for that one hour .

If this thread was because of Chavez , Roy Jones hit it on the head when he said Martinez would not allow him to get set , thats why he didnt appear to throw much , every time he wanted to fire , Sergio moved and Chavez must reset again , if you watch the fight and look only at their legs it tells the story .
Old 09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Redd Foxx
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Rep Power: 7 Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,278,441,188,442.44
Total Points: 2,278,441,216,017.86
Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Jr had the confidence from years of handpicked fights. Then, he hit a wall in trying to deal with Sergios footwork. If you can't get the angle, you can't throw your punch. The guy just isn't there to hit or, he's baiting you for a counter. Same exact thing happened to Dawson in regard to Ward's footwork.