Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Prime Trinidad vs Floyd Mayweather Jr at 147
Tito Trinidad 87 46.28%
Floyd 101 53.72%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 09-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Life On Mars?

Rep Power: 57 Ziggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond reputeZiggy Stardust has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 101,215,094,502,569.42
Total Points: 101,215,094,506,074.12
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
for you homie, - Tha_Greatest For 'always' making me lol - mickey malone Thanks for the thumbs up! - Holtol BURR! Until I can get you some green... - Bloody$Nate$ U called it -  Classic Klitchko Snoozer! - The Surgeon 
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy Stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
Tommy Hearns would be a very difficult fight but he isn't exactly unbeatable either, if Floyd was strictly an outside fighter then yea Hearns would be unbeatable but I do reckon Floyd wouldn't be lingering on the outside where Hearns could get full leverage and if he could stay inside the arc of Hearns real power then Floyd is not in near as much danger and could do work.

Floyd is good at doing shit like that, so that isn't impossible. Oh and I love The Motor City Cobra~
The problem is that Floyd doesn't have the strength or power at Welterweight to give Hearns trouble on the inside. The only opponents who ever did were large Welters with a lot of pop (Leonard) or natural Middleweights or larger (Hagler, Barkley).

Poet
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-15-2012, 04:14 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 52 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,553,740,208,490.49
Total Points: 3,564,340,325,149.65
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcluser View Post
Styles make fights.

Floyd has tendency to stay on the ropes. When face with proper punch volume, Floyd's output drops to anemic level. Won't go the distance.
Floyd fights differently in different fights, he might be on the ropes some but he would make subtle moves to be inside the real arc of Hearns power not to mention while Hearns has fast hand the father out he throws the more time Floyd has to get out of the way and move in.

Sure Hearns is a dangerous guy, would deserve to be the favorite and if Floyd slipped up at the wrong time Hearns could knock him out but Floyd ain't an easy guy to whoop it would be very tough for Hearns also.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:18 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 52 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poet682006 View Post
The problem is that Floyd doesn't have the strength or power at Welterweight to give Hearns trouble on the inside. The only opponents who ever did were large Welters with a lot of pop (Leonard) or natural Middleweights or larger (Hagler, Barkley).

Poet
That is possible but I do think he has enough juice to keep Hearns honest, if forced I do think Floyd can hit real hard and in that fight Floyd would be forced to do everything he could.

It would be a very hard fight for Floyd to win though no doubt, he would have to do everything at his disposal to pull it out and even then that might not be enough but I am sure Floyd would give Hearns a lot of problems also even if Hearns came out on top.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:38 PM
sdcluser
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 sdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond reputesdcluser has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,078,688,153.41
Total Points: 3,110,561,559.70
you need a gift. - I'm so sorry No Message - sdcluser Good Luck Sucker..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES 

Quote:
That is possible but I do think he has enough juice to keep Hearns honest, if forced I do think Floyd can hit real hard and in that fight Floyd would be forced to do everything he could.

It would be a very hard fight for Floyd to win though no doubt, he would have to do everything at his disposal to pull it out and even then that might not be enough but I am sure Floyd would give Hearns a lot of problems also even if Hearns came out on top.
We will agree to disagree. To me, Floyd's resume never indicate any sufficient power, especially at this weigh, that would earn Hearn's respect.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:42 PM
chloelloyd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 chloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond reputechloelloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 500,038,446.08

Quote:

Good post.
If we can translate Floyd's skills from his lightweight days up to a 154 version, that will be a great fight . But Floyd's skills diminished with his moving up of weight(he's still the best of this era), Hearns was a freak 6'2+ WW with surreal power and great boxing skills. You could make a case Hearns was out boxing Sugar Ray prior to the stoppage.
Floyd will be giving up a 6 inch height advantage against someone who's boxing skills is equal if not more so then himself, Floyd also does not have that punching power to keep Hearns off.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:49 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloelloyd View Post
Good post.
If we can translate Floyd's skills from his lightweight days up to a 154 version, that will be a great fight . But Floyd's skills diminished with his moving up of weight(he's still the best of this era), Hearns was a freak 6'2+ WW with surreal power and great boxing skills. You could make a case Hearns was out boxing Sugar Ray prior to the stoppage.
Floyd will be giving up a 6 inch height advantage against someone who's boxing skills is equal if not more so then himself, Floyd also does not have that punching power to keep Hearns off.
Well Hearns was outboxing Sugar Ray and Hearns is a good candidate to beat Floyd because he would obviously limit Floyd choices in the ring, Floyd thrives when he has options but Hearns advantages would force Floyd to narrow down his game. Still Floyd being a versatile guy he has a place where he could make his bones.

You have it backwards though Hearns needs to keep Floyd off him not because Floyd is going to take him out but Hearns loses his advantages when Floyd is in close and Floyd would actually be at the advantage, Hearns needs to maintain his range which he is good at.

I will repeat Hearns would be very dangerous and a very hard guy for Floyd to beat but if Floyd fights perfect or close to it I do think he could make it work but keep in mind saying a guy has to fight almost perfect to win says he is a clear underdog.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:53 PM
boxmaniac123
Contender

Bank: 7,932,502.67
Total Points: 7,943,371.18

This fight would not happen because Floyd never fights prime opponents lol. But seriously Floyd by comfortable win due to better movement.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:56 PM
razor.thin
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 razor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond reputerazor.thin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 38,608.04
Childhood Cancer - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
A past it sweat pea was doing a good job to Tito and De La Hoya was outboxing him with ease. A prime Floyd would be on a whole other level compared to those guys in speed, skill, defense, stamina, etc... when Tito fought them. Pea was the man in his prime and I think Pea would've easily outboxed Tito. I like all 3 of these fighters a lot. Mosley imo hits as hard as Tito. Tito was a very one dimensional fighter and a pure boxer would be his nightmare. Floyd by easy UD... with the crowd going wild when Tito gets him on the ropes a couple times. Tito only has a half an inch reach advantage but he'd never be able to utilize it.
lmao.. mosley hits as hard as tito hahaha

floyd easy ud.. hahaha
Old 05-17-2014, 01:05 PM
RichCCFC
46-0

Rep Power: 36 RichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 47,854,826,073,103.62
Total Points: 47,860,826,653,939.02
ricktastic! - mickey gomez Joe Calzaghe is a great fighter! - Tunney This is Joe Calzaghe. You left this in my ass last night. I washed it good and wanted to give it back to you. - Mizzou Joe Calzaghe - Tunney bluebirds! - Sir TomJones 
Merry Christmas - Flab Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Bump......
Old 05-17-2014, 03:24 PM
SoulByThePound
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 SoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 23,169.67

take away titos wraps does he have power?