Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-10-2012, 02:11 PM
herikbeheran
Contender

Rep Power: 6 herikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond reputeherikbeheran has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 39,748.76
Default Avoid Negative Energy

Avoid Negative Energy

Johnny Nguyen of ExpertBoxing

Negative energy limits you. It steals precious energy from you, makes you feel bad, and keeps you from achieving your dreams. In a world that isnít perfect, only positive energy can help you grow into greatness.

The preparation for success is to identify and protect yourself from all forms of negative energy.

Negative People and Negative Energy

Negative people are resisting, refusing, disagreeable, pessimistic, detrimental, destroying, and limiting.

They donít help you. They donít make you stronger. Their number one goal is to SHUT YOU DOWN! And for no reason other than because they are negative. It has NOTHING to do with you; they just donít enjoy life. Nothing is perfect, and their nature makes them react NEGATIVELY to everything.

Negative energy wears you out, takes the fun out of life, and kills all your dreams before theyíre even given a chance. Negativity is that little voice that keeps saying, ďYou canít, you suck, itíll never happen.Ē

And WHY?! Why would anybody want that? How does this kind of thinking help ANYONE? How does negativity make anyone smarter, stronger, harder working, or luckier, or more likely to succeed? Why would we keep an idea lingering in our minds if it didnít do anything for us? Negativity is useless and thereís no place for it in your life.

Negativity is USELESS!

If you ever want to do anything great with your life, you have to avoid all negative people and negativity.

Identifying negative people

The earlier parts of my life were some of the hardest years of my life because I didnít know how to identify negativity. I didnít have that inner confidence. Not knowing how to identify negativity made me an easy target for negative people. These are the people in your life who pretend to be your friend. They act like theyíre helping you or doing you a favor but for some reason you just feel down and powerless when theyíre around. They donít do anything meaningful for you, and theyíre arenít even fun to be around.

The most obvious ways to identify negative people and/or negative energy:

Unsupportive

I call this the ďdream-killerĒ trait. ďDream killersĒ ARE DANGEROUS and will drag you down in their mediocrity. ďDream killersĒ are those people who donít believe in high ambitions. They have no dreams of their own and will certainly not support yours. Theyíre the ones calling you crazy every time you try to do something amazing, or different, or wildly ambitious. The worst dream killers are not only non-believers, they even get in your way! There are so many talented and hopeful individuals who will never get their chance in life because theyíre surrounded by dream killers.

Jealousy

It might be hard to imagine but there will always be people jealous of you for something. They want something you have but they donít know how to get it and so theyíll resent you for being better looking, having more money, having a better bf/gf, driving a nice car, traveling to fun places, getting better grades, etcÖthe list goes on. Itís really just their insecurity. Theyíre insecure and mentally weak. They donít realize you might actually be insecure about yourself for the same reasons! They donít realize they could have all those same things if only they focused on themselves instead of you!

Criticism

Anybody that criticizes you in a way that doesnít help you AND/OR offends you AND/OR boosts their ego should be avoided at all costs. I call these people haters. Theyíre very quick to judge and especially enjoy criticizing other people. Itís amazing, really, to have such a nasty disposition on life in general. Itís easy to be a hater because NOTHING IS PERFECT! But instead of improving things, they find it much easier to critize.

Selfish

Selfish people only care about themselves. They donít care about you or your dreams. They will take everything you have and ruin everything you worked for because they think it benefits them. They have a big ego that needs to feed itself by ďtakingĒ from everyone around them. Avoid them at all costs.

Negative energy from the outside:

Negative strangers

The most common form of negativity will probably come from strangers. Go on youtube and read the comments section, and youíll see what I mean. For some reason people feel awfully empowered to go around judging and hating people they donít know. And thatís just how negative strangers work. They come up with a crazy reason in their own head to dislike you and then express it directly or indirectly.

Avoid them immediately. The more time you give to them, the more energy they will draw out from your life! Again, this is YOUR LIFE! Thereís no reason why a hateful stranger should even get one second of your time. Their hateful opinions deserve none of your attention. THEY ARE NOTHING.

Negative coaches

Now this is kind of sad. These might be teachers, mentors, coaches, trainers, or otherwise people WHO WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU. They were supposed to be making you better, boosting your skills and confidence. But instead, they do the opposite. They make you feel weak and pathetic, insecure and inadequate. Remember, a coachís job is to improve you! And if you donít feel like youíre improving and feeling better about yourself, you need to get a better coach.

Some of the worst coaches Iíve ever seen are the ones with the biggest ego. They care more about making themselves feel good than making you feel good. Theyíre the ones always forcing you to prove yourself. The ones making you feel like youíre not good enough to be coached by them, or that youíre lucky to even have them for a coach. They make you feel guilty for not having suffered the same way they suffered. NOW WHAT THE HELL KIND OF COACHING RELATIONSHIP IS THAT?!

Negative friends

This happens all the time! Many people will never be successful because they just donít know how to choose good friends. Negative friends are basically ďhaters in disguiseĒ. Maybe they were positive when you first met them but now theyíve turned negative because they become victims of negativity elsewhere in their life.

Friends are typically the first people you will go to when asking for advice or an opinion. Negative feedback over the years will only turn you into a negative person and look at the world in a negative way. It makes you mentally weak, mentally confined, and scared to take chances and dream big and work hard. Itís impossible to be successful when all youíre surrounded by is negativity.

Negative family

Negativity coming from the family is the saddest thing. Family was supposed to be a place of comfort and security, not just for your body, but for your mind, your hopes, dreams, ambitions, goals, and happiness. Unfortunately, it isnít always the case. Maybe something tragic happened to your parents. Maybe they were denied their own dreams or subjected to negative parents themselves and now theyíve projected it back to you. It hurts to say that toxic parents are often the cause of failed dreams.

Dealing with Negativity

When it comes to people, the best thing you can do is to avoid them. Stop listening to them, stop talking to them. Donít waste your time trying to argue, or reason, or help them. Stop all of it. If you keep coming back, then youíre asking for trouble.

Now what about people you canít get rid of? You canít get rid of negative family or negative co-workers. What you can do is develop a stronger mental shield. And this is something I feel everyone should develop as soon as possible. Because the stronger this mental shield, the more you can protect yourself and thrive even in the presence of negative energy. You have to be able to take criticism. You have to be able to accept the fact that people you donít know, are going to look at you, and judge you, and hate what they see. And you need to have the confidence to know that this is perfectly fine! Because the more successful you become, the more haters you will have!

Itís ok for haters to exist,
itís not ok for them to affect your life!

Negative people will always make you feel like itís you thatís negative. Theyíll blame your race, your language, your hair color, anything that would differentiate you from them could be blamed. They make everything about you when in fact itís not. Itís about them, their issues, their failures, their lack of joy in life. And the moment you realize their negativity is because theyíre unhappy with their own lives, you will no longer feel bad about yourself!

The moment you realize negative people are unhappy with themselves,
you no longer blame yourself for their negativity.

Protect Your Future

You have to protect your future! You are responsible for your own life. You canít afford to waste your energy on people and things that donít improve your life. You need every last bit of energy, every opportunity, every shred of hope, and all the love you can gather in order to be successful. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND YOUR FUTURE! Control the type of energy you let into your life!

If I see something I donít like, I simply delete it from my life. I donít have time for people like that. There are so many things that I enjoy in life, friends I want to be with, places I want to see, things I want to do. Life is so amazing but unfortunately I wonít live forever to enjoy it all. And so I really donít have any time for negativity in my life. I also donít have time to be negative because Iím so busy being positive!
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
-jose-
∑ ∑

Rep Power: 212 -jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute-jose- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,780,446,529,483,354,624.00
Total Points: 1,780,446,529,483,378,432.00
Thanks homie g-funk! - E.P.T. thanks - DosRounds A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 Ca.pizza sucks LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Chicken &amp; mushroom Pukka pie! - dan_cov 
Welcome back to the great weather of the dirty jerz. - E.P.T. No Message - mathed Merry Christmas! - TBear Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr Thanks for the green karma brother! =] - Tyler_Durden 
Mano......Only thinkin bout yo health ! - BERNIE'S CORNER thanks - ddangerous tu eres el hombre SUPER! - the mesiah 20,000 posts nigga! Here's to 20,000 mo'... - UTEP -super-jose- - TBear 
ay dios mio that Shakira gif! - UTEP Thanks! - MDPopescu Para ti primo.. - PRPOWERPUNCHES 9er Nation!! - LoadedWraps 9er Nation!! - LoadedWraps 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Round 1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Round 1 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Hepatitis C - Hard Dick World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Hard Dick Childhood Cancer - bigsmoothh 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Illangelo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Illangelo Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - RossCA Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Russian Crushin Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Russian Crushin Childhood Cancer - HUGH JASS Childhood Cancer - HUGH JASS 

I've been living by these rules everyday for the past 4 1/2 years thanks to my wife that opened up my eyes and made me realize t hat 90% of my friends where all a negative energy bringing me down when I thought different of them...is not easy keeping negativity away its always there poking on you but if you ignore it usually it goes away for a while and eventually comes back until that negative crowd gets the message and walks away...
my life has been great since then...
(Green sent!)
Great Post!

Last edited by -jose-; 09-10-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:12 PM
DIB42
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 DIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,254,181,082.31
Total Points: 15,304,258,668.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose830 View Post
I've been living by these rules everyday for the past 4 1/2 years thanks to my wife that opened up my eyes and made me realize t hat 90% of my friends where all a negative energy bringing me down when I thought different of them...is not easy keeping negativity away its always there poking on you but if you ignore it usually it goes away for a while and eventually comes back until that negative crowd gets the message and walks away...
my life has been great since then...
(Green sent!)
Great Post!
This made me chuckle, not because I don't believe you or anything like that. I'm married and have alot of married friends, and we always joke that the first things our wives did was try to convince us all our friends were bad influences and I should be spending more time mowing the lawn, getting things from the top shelf, searching through colour swatches for a living room theme, and less time hanging out with my friends.

That said, if she helped remove negative people from your life, or at least taught you not to go down that negative path with them, then she's a keeper.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Layzie Kidd
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Layzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant future
Total Points: 14,369.66

Extraordinary good piece of writing. I can agree and relate with this very much. You have to be careful of negative beliefs other people instill in you also. For me, it was my "mother".
Old 09-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Pony Boy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Pony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond reputePony Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 73,108.73

Good post. I usually try to give people the benefit of the doubt but I'm not getting any younger and don't have time to waste trying to change the world. So I've been leaving those negative people behind and have been focusing on the positive people around me. I like helping people but for some reason negative people have an easier time manipulating other people than the positive people and I've noticed that this is because people want everything the easy way. It's hard work being positive but it feels your life with joy, peace and love, and this shows, which is what negative people see in you and for this reason they hate. Peace
Old 09-12-2012, 01:20 AM
Dickie Smalls
Banned

Bank: 1,606,860,350.21
Total Points: 1,607,537,656.13

how are we supposed to avoid people who b*tch and moan all the time?

pretty much everyone you meet these days has negative energy lol sign of the times
Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 AM
GhostFighter
Contender

Total Points: 108,998.96

Maybe go live somewhere desolate?
Old 09-14-2012, 08:13 AM
NVSemin
Contender

Rep Power: 4 NVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,061.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie Smalls View Post
how are we supposed to avoid people who b*tch and moan all the time?
Jesus is the way

Negative coaches

I remember I heard Angelo Dundee saying: "criticism is OK, encouragement is better "

Last edited by NVSemin; 09-14-2012 at 08:16 AM.