Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-07-2012, 03:15 AM
BIGPOPPAPUMP
Big Bad Booty Daddy

Rep Power: 200000 BIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond reputeBIGPOPPAPUMP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,502,092,393,118.63
16k posts. cheers - MELLY-MEL... To our dad. Thanks for looking after us! - S a m u r a i Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Unban ЯiZO - Hugh Janus Cheers, to the servers BPP! - mangler 
unban kev183 - Kevin Jesus Thanks for all u du Pops! - jazluvr For the Sam Tribute thread! Thanks Pops! - jazluvr Our Boxingscene father, who art in heaven.... - Disposable Arts A Medal For Boxing Scenes Father...... ;-) nyargles! - BritishBoxing92 
Apple for Pump - Poor Lad Enjoy your Parallelogram - Spray_resistant Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab .........no homo - MANIAC310 
for the amazing job you do reporting the boxing news! - jose830 happy holidays Popa! - jazluvr To wipe yourself down with after Reeno's sprayed his seed up you - !! Anorak Kudos to responding to the trolling!  Seeing your pic of Mayweather on the throne has become a daily routine for me. - Trudoe saw your name on my 'recent visitor list'...I'm flattered :flirt: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Butterball Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -Ash- Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Grand Champ Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bigpauly Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - jas 
Post Comments Thread For: Andre Ward - A Story of Character, Pursuit of Greatness

By Thomas Gerbasi - In the eight years since he first emerged on the international scene in the 2004 Olympics, Andre Ward hasnít changed a bit. That may be the most remarkable achievement in a boxing career full of impressive feats. From his Olympic Gold medal in Athens, to his world titles at 168 pounds and his win in the Super Six tournament, to his unbeaten professional record, heís already compiled quite the resume, but not at the price of his integrity.

In the eyes of many, what that equates to in the lead-up to his Saturday fight with Chad Dawson is that heís boring. God forbid a boxer carries himself as a gentleman, a family man, and a non-trash talker. Put him in with the soft-spoken Dawson, who is much like Ward in many ways, and you would think that what should be celebrated as a Superfight will be the international cure for insomnia.

Thatís a shame.

Maybe itís because the last highly-anticipated fight between two United States born and bred stars on the rise between Tim Bradley and Devon Alexander in January of 2011 turned out to be a dud both financially and aesthetically, making fans and pundits a little gun-shy. Or maybe watching two of the gameís top talents compete at the highest level of the sport just isnít enough anymore.

Whatever it is, Ward is not about to change what heís doing now, not while heís midstream and especially not while everything is going so well for him. More importantly, he has yet to stray from the course he set for himself all those years ago. Even back in June of 2004, with the Olympics still two months away, a 20-year old Ward gave a quick glimpse into the man he was and who he was going to be. Already pegged as the United States teamís leading candidate for Gold medal honors, he was far from a ****y kid soaking in his moment in the spotlight. He had the serious demeanor boxing fans would come to know pretty well in the ensuing years, and when asked about being the favorite heading to Greece, he told me ďI donít look at myself like that. Itís an honor for people to say that, but all my teammates have the ability to win a gold medal, and I believe that with all my heart.Ē [Click Here To Read More]
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-07-2012, 03:36 AM
Tmann400
The Rangy Counter-Puncher

Rep Power: 12 Tmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond reputeTmann400 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 679,198,679.55
Total Points: 2,707,128,419.86
You need a damn gift already - mangler Good post about Wilder. - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Probably the most top quality article I've read on this website. Thank you, Thomas Gerbasi, that was a great article.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:54 AM
titanium
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 114 titanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond reputetitanium has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,725,936,512,361,187.25
Total Points: 1,725,936,512,365,664.75
gift giving time to friends - serv Merry Christmas - Flab Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! merry x-mas! - chiguy91 Merry Christmas - TBear 
It's Friday - Sweet Pea 50 No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA No Message - Al Bernstein No Message - ??? No Message - MartinC 
No Message - J-champ 
Autism - !! AI-Holmes!! Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BABYBOXER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Childhood Cancer - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Good read, going to be a good fight.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Perro
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Perro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 48,462.49

Honestly it's the only thing he has going for him. If it weren't for the religious "SOG" factor he'd be virtually unknown but since he's humble and religious, he's somewhat marketable as "the good guy".

If he didn't headbutt, use forearms, and clinch so often I'd call him gifted.

Last edited by Perro; 09-07-2012 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:01 AM
DAN916
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 DAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond reputeDAN916 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 218,520,745,849.36
Total Points: 218,520,777,700.89
No Message - DAN916 Awwwwwww :kiss: - Bossy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - DAN916 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DAN916 

Wow he hasnt had a loss since he was 14 years old
Old 09-07-2012, 05:09 AM
PinoyNation
Banned

Rep Power: 0 PinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond reputePinoyNation has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 140,575.52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Honestly it's the only thing he has going for him. If it weren't for the religious "SOG" factor he'd be virtually unknown...
Wow, what an idiotic comment. If that's all he had going for him then he never would have won the Super Six.
Old 09-07-2012, 05:20 AM
PrecisionKiller
Banned

Rep Power: 0 PrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond reputePrecisionKiller has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,008,880.36

Ward is great for boxing. No one can deny that he is smart, articulate, God fearing, skillful, fast, and will be an ATG SMW when it is said and done.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 38,932,130,396,952.56
Total Points: 40,187,452,000,698.77
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Honestly it's the only thing he has going for him. If it weren't for the religious "SOG" factor he'd be virtually unknown but since he's humble and religious, he's somewhat marketable as "the good guy".

If he didn't headbutt, use forearms, and clinch so often I'd call him gifted.
Yeah, he should just use plaster.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Rip Chudd
1 John 2:22

Rep Power: 35 Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,496,361,748,350,610,432.00
Total Points: 1,496,361,748,350,612,992.00
Happy Holidays Chip! - Lorily Yeah that's right - Rip Chudd Lollllllllllllllll drink it down with some pepsi - -Kev- e-billionaire - MANIAC310 for being richer than me for a couple hours - MANIAC310 
Cheers! - iBreakbeat Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader 
twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Yeah, he should just use plaster.
Seems to have worked for a certain fighter, he still gets heaps of praise til this day as if it never happened.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:47 AM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..

Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,915,394,531,869.56
Total Points: 58,930,897,329,443.74
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear 

excellent article! a good portrait of ward