Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 09-02-2012, 12:41 AM
4Corners
GRANTANAMO

Rep Power: 42 4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute4Corners has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 200,105,869,723.26
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil good poster - joesaiditstrue Good poster. Freedom is an idiot. - RossCA No Message - RossCA Great album choices! That's what's up! - jose830 
keep up the solid posts. - sugarsmosley 

Golovkin beats Quillin/N'Jikam, Geale, and Chavez. The only person I don't know about is Sergio, who is still the best MW in the world and one of the top 3 fighters.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-02-2012, 12:50 AM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,716,778.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
Both were highly touted KO artists but achieved those means with different paths

Golovkin showed real improvement from the Ouma fight with this performance nowhere near the sloppy footwork and brawler type mentality

And someone with 1 punch KO power...well that would be a recipe to defeat any fighter so...
True, but there's ways you have to fight guys with one punch KO power. You can take the smart route and stick, move and box OR you can fight fire with fire.

Take Abraham for example. Before he fought Dirrel and Froch, he had that one punch KO power. Dirrel showed what you can do with applying movement, velocity and high volume.

But to me, nothing about Golovkin's style spells "stick, move or box". I see him as a one dimensional brute force type of fighter. He's a "my brute force is greater than your brute force" type of guy. To me, since he registers as that type of fighter, that's why I'm interested in him fighting the one punch KO type of guy.

Golovkin vs Pavlik, Abraham, and Pirog come to mind as very intriguing. I'm not to excited for a fight with him and Chavez because I feel Chavez would smother him and he wouldn't be able to get off against Ward.

But Golovkin vs Pavlik/Abraham = perfectly made for "each other".
Old 09-02-2012, 01:18 AM
RyunosukeRonin
CountingBodiesLikeSheep

Rep Power: 11 RyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond reputeRyunosukeRonin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,030,040,470.22
it's payday - mathed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
True, but there's ways you have to fight guys with one punch KO power. You can take the smart route and stick, move and box OR you can fight fire with fire.

Take Abraham for example. Before he fought Dirrel and Froch, he had that one punch KO power. Dirrel showed what you can do with applying movement, velocity and high volume.

But to me, nothing about Golovkin's style spells "stick, move or box". I see him as a one dimensional brute force type of fighter. He's a "my brute force is greater than your brute force" type of guy. To me, since he registers as that type of fighter, that's why I'm interested in him fighting the one punch KO type of guy.

Golovkin vs Pavlik, Abraham, and Pirog come to mind as very intriguing. I'm not to excited for a fight with him and Chavez because I feel Chavez would smother him and he wouldn't be able to get off against Ward.

But Golovkin vs Pavlik/Abraham = perfectly made for "each other".
Those would be entertaing fights but wheres the reasoning to go up to SMW when he has belts at MW and has just entered into the publics conscience

He's a pressure fighter but uses techinique and surgical attacks to apply brute force
Old 09-02-2012, 01:20 AM
RichCCFC
46-0

Rep Power: 36 RichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond reputeRichCCFC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,660,505,933,738.87
Total Points: 41,666,506,502,344.86
ricktastic! - mickey gomez Joe Calzaghe is a great fighter! - Tunney This is Joe Calzaghe. You left this in my ass last night. I washed it good and wanted to give it back to you. - Mizzou Joe Calzaghe - Tunney bluebirds! - Sir TomJones 
Merry Christmas - Flab Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Please.. Chavez would get hurt from Golovkin
Old 09-02-2012, 01:29 AM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,443,604,063.68
Total Points: 163,944,109,603.68
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

He looks like Angulo... If Angulo was superman.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:31 AM
BoxingGenius27
Banned

Rep Power: 0 BoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxingGenius27 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 304,120.51
Total Points: 9,371,058,716,778.58
nice ownage of Jro's pseudo expert/historian azz - Pancakes No Message - Tha_Greatest Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays BoxingGenius27 - !! AI-Holmes!! 
for some wshh - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
Those would be entertaing fights but wheres the reasoning to go up to SMW when he has belts at MW and has just entered into the publics conscience

He's a pressure fighter but uses techinique and surgical attacks to apply brute force
In his post fight interview, he said he wants to fight everyone from 154-168.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:37 AM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,443,604,063.68
Total Points: 163,944,109,603.68
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
In his post fight interview, he said he wants to fight everyone from 154-168.
I dont see a soul giving him a shot at 154.. Lol. Maybe Lara would be game..but Canelo or Cotto? Lol.

168 who knows. Fight Pirog, Geale, winner of Chavez jr - Martinez and hell br gold. If Martinez wins, msybe he can catch Martinez on the decline a year or two later. Martinez is set to get old any fight now.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:48 AM
LGG8
Amateur

Rep Power: 0 LGG8 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Total Points: 2,509.11

#pause "Golovkin is good. He reminds me of when Angulo was hot coming up in ranks"
Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 115 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015,467,315,608.68
Total Points: 3,292,467,626,581.14
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialRed View Post
You're kidding right? GGG was an amateur phenom.

If anything, he's more like a Kostya Tszyu. Great timing and awesome power.
That's a really good comparison IMO.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:21 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,291,372,815.05
Total Points: 14,375,631,844.79
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

GGG isnt much like angulo at all. they are punchers and come forward, thats it. angulo is a brawler, GGG is a pressure fighter. angulo is crude, slow and has virtually no defense.

GGG is a good boxer who won silver at the olympics and has a vast amateur career behind him. sometimes he neglects defense bcuz he feels he can in that particular situation but that doesnt mean he cant box when he has to. he can box very well, he beat dirrell in an amateur fight and say what you want about dirrell but hes a phenomenal athlete and a very good pure boxer. very hard to beat in an amateur fight but golovkin did it, anyone here can imagine angulo fighting for medals in the olympics outboxing guys of dirrells caliber?

golovkin is smart and very fundmentally sound, his skill level and overall ability is far beyond that of angulo.