Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 163,725,449,955,384.41
Total Points: 221,226,450,065,516.81
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
Interesting comparison,with Khan and Lopez...
Khan and Lopez still have some room to grow, but they've become so reliant on their strengths (Juanma = power and Khan = speed) that completely ignore their glaring weaknesses. Khan hasn't hit rock-bottom yet to me, it's just that his level of opposition is no joke. He needs to lose to a guy like Guzman, a veteran who's been overlooked because of his weight problems, a guy who seems to be on the tail-end of his career. This is the wake-up call fight for him, a loss that will force him to see the flaws of his style and motivate him to make the necessary changes. If he wins, then he's right back where he wants to be, in the title picture.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Rome-By-Ko
Bradley Top 3

Rep Power: 49 Rome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,004,401,622,111,932.00
Total Points: 1,010,426,211,772,963.62
Happy Holidays Bro! - Lorily thanks - Dale Cardon No Message - romebyko You da man Rome!! - Lorily Happy Christmas to a great poster - Dave Rado 
Happy Holidays sweetheart! - Lorily ''I score effective boxing,not effective running...'' Super quote! - dan_cov Bradley Salutes You Sir! - mathed Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil What up Bradley tribe - hougigo 
I'm digging your avi :beerchug: :hail: Tony Soprano - jose830 RBK &gt; Dirk Diggler = Rome By KO! - LoadedWraps Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega War Tribe - Hougigo 
STORMTROOPERS!!!!!! - mathed To a true stormtrooper! - DonMega To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
Khan and Lopez still have some room to grow, but they've become so reliant on their strengths (Juanma = power and Khan = speed) that completely ignore their glaring weaknesses. Khan hasn't hit rock-bottom yet to me, it's just that his level of opposition is no joke. He needs to lose to a guy like Guzman, a veteran who's been overlooked because of his weight problems, a guy who seems to be on the tail-end of his career. This is the wake-up call fight for him, a loss that will force him to see the flaws of his style and motivate him to make the necessary changes. If he wins, then he's right back where he wants to be, in the title picture.
I totally agree..But I don't think Guzman has what it takes to do it..Hey I've been wrong before...

Where do you see Lopez going from here in his career..He has bad stamina issues and really bad habits...
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 108 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,967,712,634,796.62
Total Points: 23,977,774,481,687.33
Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega 
Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas 
To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules Have a cookie, great poster. - Aztekkas Tribe!!!!!!! - mathed 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BostonGuy Autism - jas 

Quote:
I totally agree..But I don't think Guzman has what it takes to do it..Hey I've been wrong before...

Where do you see Lopez going from here in his career..He has bad stamina issues and really bad habits...
I wouldn't mind laying a 100 on Guzman

Khan doesn't change
Old 08-29-2012, 08:14 PM
noStylez
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 noStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond reputenoStylez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,044,240.35

If there's one person you can trust to fight anyone, it's Amir Kahn.
Maybe those brutal KO's did a job on his nut.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Rome-By-Ko
Bradley Top 3

Rep Power: 49 Rome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond reputeRome-By-Ko has a reputation beyond repute
Happy Holidays Bro! - Lorily thanks - Dale Cardon No Message - romebyko You da man Rome!! - Lorily Happy Christmas to a great poster - Dave Rado 
Happy Holidays sweetheart! - Lorily ''I score effective boxing,not effective running...'' Super quote! - dan_cov Bradley Salutes You Sir! - mathed Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil What up Bradley tribe - hougigo 
I'm digging your avi :beerchug: :hail: Tony Soprano - jose830 RBK &gt; Dirk Diggler = Rome By KO! - LoadedWraps Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega War Tribe - Hougigo 
STORMTROOPERS!!!!!! - mathed To a true stormtrooper! - DonMega To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
I wouldn't mind laying a 100 on Guzman

Khan doesn't change
Wow I would'int'l trust Guzman at all..How about a bet of 100mill??
Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 163,725,449,955,384.41
Total Points: 221,226,450,065,516.81
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 

Quote:

Lopez still has a loyal PR fan-base behind him, but not as much time to improve as Khan. He needs to drop whatever bad habits he has, and get a more experienced trainer. Hell, maybe ask Cotto if he Diaz wouldn't mind training another Boricua. Fight a couple times more at 126 (against Caballero and Dib) if he can still make the weight, try to get a belt, and then move up to 130.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 102 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 133,927,949,107,193.31
Total Points: 139,930,630,760,451.98
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
IMHO, he's in a similar position to where Juanma was after he lost to Salido the 1st time. Juanma took on a tune-up and then fought Salido again. Khan is taking on the #3 WBA/#4 IBF in Guzman, which almost guarantees him a shot at the winner of Peterson/Judah. The risk is worth it, but the fall will be much harder to deal with than Juanma's. If he loses to Guzman, then he can just go up to 147 and try to resuscitate his career. We've seen it done before, and Khan is exciting enough to where people will pay to see him again.
you cant keep getting knocked out. khan has been getting badly hurt in victory and defeat for a long time now. he's getting rocked, recovering, and then being rocked again. that's not good for you. if he loses to guzman it will likely be via kayo. i'm not saying that khan cannot win, but guzman is a hitter, and khan is there to be hit.

if he gets stopped again he could very well retire. it's bad for your career, but it's also bad for your health.

i wouldn't fight a puncher, or a guy with a pulse, if i were khan's handlers. guzman could show up in poor shape and khan could bounce back with a nice win. or he could get knocked unconscious, the way he went out against prescott.

an example: while roy jones was completely kayo'd against tarver and johnson, and khan was not against garcia, but the fact remains that two stoppage losses essentially ruined roy jones junior. that's roy jones you're talking about. this is amir khan.

if khan keeps getting knocked out his brains will turn to mush. his speech already sounds bad.

bring him back to england for a ten rounder against a no hoper.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:38 PM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 108 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,967,712,634,796.62
Total Points: 23,977,774,481,687.33
Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega 
Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega 
Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas 
To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps GGG. - Scott.Weiland Great poster :love: - Beercules Have a cookie, great poster. - Aztekkas Tribe!!!!!!! - mathed 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BostonGuy Autism - jas 

Quote:
Wow I would'int'l trust Guzman at all..How about a bet of 100mill??
sure, send me a message if it ever goes down so I don't forget
Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Southpawology
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 21 Southpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 90,101,371,236.91
The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps A foot soldier of NSB! - LoadedWraps 

Guzman going to give khan his 3rd straight loss
Old 08-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Rome-By-Ko
Bradley Top 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
sure, send me a message if it ever goes down so I don't forget
You got it...