Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Closed Thread
Thread Navigation

Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Frank Ducketts
Floyd's jizz

Rep Power: 23 Frank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Ducketts has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 110,010,342,337.53
One of the best posters here - Cállate! I noticed that the lady in your avatar has dirty knees, they are very distracting. Here's some wet wipes, please take care of that. - Cállate! No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
:lol1: :D - happyman Team Swift!(Honorary Member) - Mr. Philadel 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioMaravilla View Post
It's not just that Hopkins would lose respect, but he himself said 'I could never go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me', that was personal pride on the line, and he lost
People watch fights. Of course you don't care what people think. People thought Hop won that's why.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Mr. Philadel
NSB Vet!!

Location: Everywhere you NEVER BEEN....I'm better than I've EVER BEEN!
Rep Power: 64 Mr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 194,650,757,643.77
Total Points: 236,551,427,687.79
you were right about b-hop/pavlik. you are the man! - TRUTH You're a good poster! - Tunney For being a good sport. - F-R-K-O Vodka &amp;amp; Red Bull for ya! - BattlingNelson for the green homey - NewYork 
For a super poster! - jazluvr hopkins finna whoop pascal AGAIN - Tha Executioner No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - arraamis respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Awesome post on Miguel Cotto...cheers! - jose830 Great post bro! keep up the good work. - codey just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Real recognize real. - SnakeVen0m 
Happy New Year - Freedom. philly swagg, walking BK outta the house - thuggery Team Swift all day! - KeepItObjective A+ poster,one of the very best. - Scott.Weiland. war bhop! - jas 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis40 View Post
Yeah they let him back Cuz the boys knew Joe bought coke off them before the fight so they gave BHOP a pass. Seeing as he was coked up during the fight. Plus Bernard won the fight and Joe got the decision. The hood knows you can't win a fight with sissy slaps.

the projects don't think he lost that fight...if that answers the kid who started this thread
Old 08-29-2012, 05:27 PM
SergioMaravilla
Banned

Total Points: 15,536.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtmal View Post
sergiomaravilla, i'm quite sure, that the "projects" saw the fight, between bernard hopkins and joe calzaghe, the same way bernard hopkins saw it...a fight in which the judges got wrong on the scorecards, because bernard hopkins, kept it real, and fought his philly style of fighting, even scored a knockdown on joe calzaghe, in the first or second round...meaning, joe calzaghe, although getting the decision and being white, still didn't whoop his azz...or as we sometimes say, its all good, in the hood...lol
Hi djtmal, thanks for your input. I thought JC edged it On activity, but that's not important. The words Bernard used in the build up were strong, remember the uproar when Alan Minter made a similar comment to Marvin Hagler? That kind racism has no place in the sport in my opinion, I was wondering if it affected Hopkins standing with his fans, as he lost the fight. He did say he could never go back if he lost
Old 09-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Perro
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Perro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,438.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SekondzOut View Post

the projects don't think he lost that fight...if that answers the kid who started this thread
You're a huge BHop fan I presume, did BHOP not say what TS said he did?

If I remember correctly BHop was quoted saying ***8220;I will never let a white boy beat me. Never.***8221; " I would never let a white boy beat me. I would never lose to a white boy. I couldn't go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me."

So with that being said, why do you find it weird that TS made this thread? I too am wondering, did BHop ever return to the "projects" after getting beat by a white boy?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 PM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 212 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,406,418,164,418,490.00
Total Points: 4,406,418,164,418,541.00
No Message - arraamis No Message - arraamis why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr 
sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching 
thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioMaravilla View Post
In the build up to the Hopkins fight, Bernard said 'I could never go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me'. I remember being shocked at the time, it was very controversial. Calzaghe got the decision and that's history, I was wondering if Bernard has been back to the projects since? It was a big deal at the time, using race to hype a fight, it was reminiscent of Holmes-Cooney, Frazier-Ali.
You may have been shocked, but it obviously pissed you off as well.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Perro
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Perro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond reputePerro has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,438.49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossCA View Post
You may have been shocked, but it obviously pissed you off as well.
Does that count as a "win" for you? Joe is forever Bhop's daddy lmao.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:12 PM
ИATAS
Legend

Rep Power: 140 ИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 296,800,095,535,557.62
Total Points: 399,754,714,479,376.19
Thanks man. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have a virtual beer on me. - F•R•K•O Good Poster! - J. HITTER Thanks for the help dude. - S a m u r a i For the brilliant post in lady's atheist 2 thread. - ABOSWORTH 
Bhop gif. I will send you gift number 2 when you actually finish it. :) - Precision Cocktail hour - mangler hey, you richly deserved the shiet right here, right now - cleaner147 to complete ur mothafukkin collection - cleaner147 War Hopkins!!!...Anyways Here Is A Gift My Man - BritishBoxing92 
War Natas!!! - Old Coward Tye Tye Tye - DorianWozniacki one of my favourite posters - Blah! BURRRRRRRRR! - led's baby mama happy bday homey - MANGLER 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks great game thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 Great thread - Boxing Goat -Rapernick- :lol1: - -jose- It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for making classic threads - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Autism - Lorily Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Does that count as a "win" for you? Joe is forever Bhop's daddy lmao.
yeah sure.

At the end of the day B-hop goes down as one of the greatest of all time, a legend and a guy who took on all challenges. Joe will hardly be remembered outside of Wales and most that remember him will remember a guy who hid in obscurity for 10 years before taking a somewhat of a risky fight, then retired after beating a couple past prime 40+ year olds.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Eric Holder
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Eric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond reputeEric Holder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,227,066.31
Total Points: 200,002,431,277.59
Long overdue, my nigg - mangler jr CabronSnatcher - Ch@mpBox@PR Sr. one of boxingscene's best - Tunney! 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Jack D Ripper 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Holder View Post

Joe C putting the cheating bigot Hopkins in his place

pwnage
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 PM
ElBossHogg™
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,254,174,412.05
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier No Message - ElBossHogg boss poster - I'm so sorry gif maker king - HUGH JASS For the amazing sig work. - Garcia's Dad 
For the GIF! - komodo Have 1 more. - komodo ....and another. - komodo welcome back - bigsmoothh 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bigsmoothh 

the hood said "man I dont give a f.uck what they say Bhop you still the coolest f.ucker we now" "dont worry about that s.hit man" and then every one lived happily every after.

Really what gonna happen they gonna whoop Bhop ass for losing worse case scenarios is poeple cap on his a$$ few times f.uck with his bruised pride, but that WORSE case scenario cause wasnt like bhop was knocked out.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Brother Khalid
The Truth Terrorist

Rep Power: 36 Brother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond reputeBrother Khalid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,775,752,707,543.60
Total Points: 9,775,752,769,060.30
Thanks so much for all your HD wizardry! - AndyShitHot 2 commemorate ur new name homey .... - -Boxzilla- 720p legend ..... - -Boxzilla- the king of hd - -Boxzilla- Hooking it up with some excellent quality fights - TheCheetah 
The KING OF HIGH DEF FIGHTS - TheCheetah The King of High Def fights! - TheCheetah High Definition LEGEND - TheCheetah Thanx - PR13 u do homework - nice guy and top poster - cleaner147 
And still...! leaving HD devastation and destruction in your wake. - PittyPat For all the Videos Mate - Stone Roses! Money Mayweather &amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt; Pacman - Stone Roses! For the Vasquez-Marquez Trilogy - Stone Roses! cheers! - Tamis_Siensya 
gift giving time to friends - serv have some more mate! - Tamis_Siensya Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Kick Khalid Muhammed aka &quot;The Black Hitler&quot; - Freedom2013 Its white... - Mannie Phresh 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dynamite Kid Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Akinapepemo 
Autism - cleaner147 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - South318 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Freedom Fighter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ***1048;ATAS View Post
yeah sure.

At the end of the day B-hop goes down as one of the greatest of all time, a legend and a guy who took on all challenges. Joe will hardly be remembered outside of Wales and most that remember him will remember a guy who hid in obscurity for 10 years before taking a somewhat of a risky fight, then retired after beating a couple past prime 40+ year olds.
LMFAO!!!!!!

I think B-hop is a great fighter. I also think Calzaghe is a great fighter as well.

However you dudes need to slow down as b-hop lost to almost every elite prime fighter his size. Sure he beat Pascal, Tarver and Tito (full credit for those wins) but for every one of those there are loses to Roy Jones, Calzaghe, Dawson, Taylor etc. If they aren't moving up in weight to face B-hop, then it's been a loss for Hopkins (minus the Tarver fight).

So before you try to trash Calzaghe's career.....be careful as the same can be done to b-hops.
Closed Thread