Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 08-28-2012, 02:42 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 107,799,239.82
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo To the 80's cartoons. - WTFBALLZ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
I know you hate Mike Tyson, but can't you at least concede that he brought a lot of fans to the sport? In that regard he was as big a dog as the others you mentioned.
The people responsible for making something what it is during it's "fetal stage" tend to get more credit because those are the decisive years. I can't rank Tyson on an equal level with Louis, Ali or Dempsey when it comes to making the sport what it is; he definitely belongs on a short list though.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,179,327.27
Total Points: 120,119,292,073.31
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott9945 View Post
You knowing Mike Tyson when he was 14 is irrelevant to this topic. I'm not a Tyson fan, but I don't blind myself to reality. I've been in the MGM Grand when Mike entered as a fan, and the response was thunderous. You can't honestly say that Tyson didn't bring in countless new fans when I've heard from many of them for years now. Over and over I hear how "Mike Tyson got me into boxing". You hear that from young fighters as well. I absolutely hate Oscar De La Hoya, but don't deny that he brought in new fans as well (on a smaller level).
Can I ask why you hate De La Hoya? And is it as a fighter, a person or both?